View Poll Results: Which one do you like?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • BMW MOTORSPORT

11 57.89%
  • Mercedes AMG

8 42.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes AMG or BMW Motorsport?

Mercedes AMG or BMW Motorsport?

What do you think about AMG and Motorsport?
    Who is the best. The elegance, the power and the maneuverability. I think AMG is not bad, their cars are really nice, more than 300hp and very easy to use.
    But we can't forget BMW with Motorsport. They have very good cars. When you take a BMW M3... there are no words to explain what this car can procure when you drive it. The BMW M5 and the Z3 M. Two bombs on the road.
    No I love Mercedes but I must admit that BMW Motorsport is the best.
    And you what do you think about that?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mercedes 600SEL (WRECKED)
    Audi RS4

Mercedes AMG

Quote Originally Posted by SL500
    Mercedes AMG
    although we all know that when you see the Mpower on any BMW even if the car is ugly as hell this Mpower will make 100% of difference and i knew you where going to say that and you know that the Mpower is better

anyway this is a good comparison i am not saying AMG r not good they r realy good but i heard they r going to be saparates from merceds and becom like the AC,hamann......

I would take any BMW Mpower any.... but the one i am waiting to see it s power is the M6CSL i m dying to hear more news about this car

I prefer BMW Motorsport. AMG does produce some really nice cars, don't get me wrong, but there's just something about those BMWs that's a bit more appealing than AMG.

I haven't heard anything of AMG splitting from Mercedes..so that might just be a rumor, but like I said, I haven't heard anything at all about that. To me it doesn't seem likely as AMG is in the midst of producing that V12 to make the S65, CL65, and SL65....
    Gemballa's Porsches, Simply the Best!

BMW Motorsport

I love BMW and their Motorsport department. For me it's a leader. AMG produce nice Benz but we all know that all AMGs don't have manual tranny. It's a real shame. How can you drive a 612hp Benz with an automatic tranny??? Where is the sportsmanship?? I know that I have a 320hp Porsche with an automatic tranny but I have made this choice cause my wife can't drive a manual tranny and it's not a simple automatic tranny, that's a steptronic and it's very performant.
    For AMG I can't understand why they don't have manual tranny. BMW got a new kind of automatic tranny. That's the SMG mode. and it's not like others automatic. It's faster than a manual tranny and it's easy to use.
    Il me faut une caisse dans les 300 et le GPS

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    Porsche 996 Carrera 4 (for sale)
    2004 Mini Cooper
    Mercedes 2005 SLK 55 AMG (ordered)

Quote Originally Posted by Swissbeatz
    I love BMW and their Motorsport department. For me it's a leader. AMG produce nice Benz but we all know that all AMGs don't have manual tranny. It's a real shame. How can you drive a 612hp Benz with an automatic tranny??? Where is the sportsmanship?? I know that I have a 320hp Porsche with an automatic tranny but I have made this choice cause my wife can't drive a manual tranny and it's not a simple automatic tranny, that's a steptronic and it's very performant.
    For AMG I can't understand why they don't have manual tranny. BMW got a new kind of automatic tranny. That's the SMG mode. and it's not like others automatic. It's faster than a manual tranny and it's easy to use.
    if i had the money i will always prefere to buy a stok BMW Mpower than a hamann or ac.......................
    BMW M ROCKS

Quote Originally Posted by white devil
    if i had the money i will always prefere to buy a stok BMW Mpower than a hamann or ac.......................
    BMW M ROCKS
    True, I don't like Hamman and AC... Style. It's to wild
    Il me faut une caisse dans les 300 et le GPS

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    Porsche 996 Carrera 4 (for sale)
    2004 Mini Cooper
    Mercedes 2005 SLK 55 AMG (ordered)

But we can't forget BMW with Motorsport. They have very good cars. When you take a BMW M3... there are no words to explain what this car can procure when you drive it. The BMW M5 and the Z3 M. Two bombs on the road.

My friend's uncle is a doctor and he bought a black CLK 55 AMG a month ago, and he said that it was hands down better than the M3 coupe, much faster and easier to drive.
    I like both AMG and M and I agree on the fact that Mercedes-Benz should provide an option for a manual transmission.
    It's really a matter of opinion.

Amg...

for their awesome engines more than their car's in general. They can make a mean ass V8, I'll say that much.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

BMW all the way. Mercedes is an ok car, but bmw has just been pushing out cars that are amazing. Take a look at the M5. That is one hellatious car. And M3 is an awesome saloon. CSL = best saloon in the world. So my choice is bimmer.
    Taking in donations for a Lancia Delta Integrale, please be considerate of a fellow forum member....:)

I'm placing my vote for BMW, because so far, I like the designs of their cars much better. Moreover, the fact that Mercedes still won't give us a goddamn stick-shift!#!#%^*$@!11

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    I'm placing my vote for BMW, because so far, I like the designs of their cars much better. Moreover, the fact that Mercedes still won't give us a goddamn stick-shift!#!#%^*$@!11
    hahahaha
    i gess they will when people stop buying cars from them

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloGTR
    My friend's uncle is a doctor and he bought a black CLK 55 AMG a month ago, and he said that it was hands down better than the M3 coupe, much faster and easier to drive.
    Since when does easier to drive equal better? Ease and comfort are usually the opposite for skill and thrill. I prefer the second option.

I voted for MPower. Why?

My interpertation is that AMG focuses to much on all out power. Take for example their recent sl55, cl65's, etc. Both are pushing close to the 500hp/600hp mark respectivly but they are heavier than many SUV's, while I have no doubt that they are not remarkable handlers, I doubt that they could be the best handling saloons.

MPower on the other hand attempt to produce moderately powered cars in combination with balance. Take the M3 (and the M5) for example.

M power!
    Paul

Thread Information