Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy!

Crazy!

Now, before I rant, I am a huge Ferrari fan and would defend till death, but this is just BS.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/mo...rrari-races-in

Basically, the guts of the story is that the Australia\NZ imports of Fiats are going to be selling the Fiat Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari thru the Ferrari Dealers, so CCS in Auckland here in NZ, and I suppose the Ferrari dealers in Australia too.

It will be to order only

The Fiat 500 Abarth Esseesse has just gone on sale here, and I saw one the other day for sale at around NZD 48-50K in Wellington.

So, if the Tributo makes it too NZ, current exchange rates have it at NZD $108,000.00. Seems a bit steep for a 500.

Now, having a look through my archives, I got some pics of this thing, and on the outside I count 3 Ferrari logos and 1 inside.

So a rough $15000 per Ferrari logo.

Who in there right mind would pay that for a Fiat?

Just because a small Fiat has 4 badges with the Ferrari name on them, not the badge, that commands a 50K price hike over the standard 500 Abarth Esseesse
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, maybe it's super duper fast or something!!

The hot-hatch, which is available in the Ferrari colours of Scuderia Red or Modena Yellow, can accelerate from standstill to 100km/h in seven seconds and reach a top speed of 225km/h.
    Sorry, no.

Yes the 695SS thingy is silly. No matter the country you are in.

A standard 500ASS will do, and you avoid the preposterous flappy paddle gearbox.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

At first it wasn't supposed to be available for sale, just a courtesy car for Ferrari owners while their cars were serviced.
    Then demand was quite high, and they decided to offer it through some selected dealers. I'm not sure on this, but possibly it's available only to Ferrari owners, just like the AM Cygnet.

No reason to be worried about the price then, we just can't have it.

EDIT: it's also available in Blue TDF and possibly some sort of gray or something.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I know someone who has (or maybe had) a Ferrari which was offered one through their Ferrari dealer and bought it.

I thought the Ferrari courtesy cars were standard 1.4 16v 500s with Ferrari red paint.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I know someone who has (or maybe had) a Ferrari which was offered one through their Ferrari dealer and bought it.

I thought the Ferrari courtesy cars were standard 1.4 16v 500s with Ferrari red paint.
    Yes, that too. In Modena you can spot quite some Fiats with the Ferrari red paint (that horrible orange-ish color), the ugliest being probably the Cromas. They are all Ferrari's cars though.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

nzd $108,000.00.
    bahahaha
    well played ferrari, well played

also
    Jalopnik: Obsessed With The Cult Of Cars
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 03-15-2011 at 10:10 PM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

No different to the Aston Cygnet, I would never buy either of them but I have no doubt others will and they'll be extremely happy with them.

I guess beauty and practicality is in the eye of the beholder. The price of a Cygnet or glorified Fiat is ridiculous to my mind, but then again people will buy them for the same reason they buy C/E Classes or 3/5 Series instead of a Focus or Mondeo that costs half the price. To them the money is worth the badge, prestige and supposed quality.

I think it is different from a Cygnet. Unlike the Cygnet this is not badged as a Ferrari (or an Aston in the case of the Cygnet.

I also disagree with the Merc/Bimmer - Ford comparison. The Mercs/Bimmers can indeed do things differently from a Ford. The question if you can appreciate it. If you can't, then yes you are wasting your money. But if you can they are worth it.
    Visca Catalunya!

with the Cygnet, you are at least entitled to put on the sticker:
    "My other car is a....".
    because you cannot buy one if you don't alreay own a big brother.
    Is this the policy for the Tributo too, or will it be on general sale, or is it just a courtesy car when your Ferrari is in the workshop (50% of the time)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

The thing is the other 50% it will be the Fiat that is in the workshop!
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I think it is different from a Cygnet. Unlike the Cygnet this is not badged as a Ferrari...
    It's not badged as a Ferrari, it just has Ferrari badges on it...
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

i bet the first arbath model buyers are feeling short changed too , considering the jump in performance of the SS

The ferrari badge on a car like this is comparable to the "inspired by true events" disclaimer at the beginning of some films.

About 2 years ago, we looked for a small and new car. Just out of curiosity, we stepped into the Fiat dealership and had a look at the most basic Fiat 500 (funnily enough that version is called 'Naked'). They still ask €11.500 for that.

You can get a bigger (well, that's relative) engine and literally load it with options. The price list for the regular 500 ends with a whopping €19.495. And no matter how you look at it, it will still remain a small car. A very small car.

So €50.000 is crazy? I would say YES, exception if you don't know what to do with your money anymore. By the way I found an even more expensive one... Now that's crazy!

Fenice Milano Fiat 500c La Dolce Vita Gold and Diamonds 200hp

After the great interest achieved from the presentation on the market in September 2010, Fenice Milano receives a commission from a wealthy Chinese businessman to build a special version of its Fiat 500 La Dolce Vita. Dubbed La Dolce Vita Gold and Diamonds 200hp, the gilded car has 24K gold on everything, from the instrument panel to the dashboard and other trim parts.

The performance of this Fenice Fiat 500c has been increased to 200 hp through a partnerships with Romeo Ferraris. The gold and diamond 500c has a new ECU, an upgraded turbo, and a new exhaust system with 200-cells catalytic converter. The 200hp Fiat 500c also has Brembo brakes and adjustable dampers.

The interior of the Fenice Fiat 500 Convertible Abarth has been decked out with teak inserts, special leather and diamonds. The console is embellished with a gold framed instrument panel and teak and 24K gold inserts dashboard, whose profiles are hand-shaped by Fenice Milano’s artisans.

The wheel, redesigned starting from the original one, has the external crown in teak and the internal one in leather with commands in 24K gold, and also in the footboard the original carpeting has been substituted with teak. One of the most notable highlights is the Apple iPad Supreme Edition made in 24k gold and diamonds by Liverpool-based designer Stuart Hughes. The removable iPad is positioned on the upper section of the center console and provides a complete interaction of the device with the car. It is fitted with a GPS navigation system, an audio system and Wi-Fi connectivity.

The bespoke Fenice Milano La Dolce Vita Gold and Diamonds 200hp Fiat 500c will cost future owner a breathtaking €500,000 or about $667,000 at current exchange rates

Thread Information