Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes-Benz E-Class (W212) 2009-2015

i always liked the CLS, except for its 4 seats. i would never buy it though but slam some nice rims and tint it and you got a sexy machine!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Contrary to the UCP jury's opinion, I find this W212 very attractive. Solid, angular, modern too - very Merc like.

No more soft and squishy E-class, ze Panzerwagen is back!

Nothing wrong with solid angular and modern, but look at those headlights!

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    why don't people realise that you won't see any of those dreaded lights once you are in the car and driving (remember, that is its purpose). As long as these units produce sufficient light it is ok.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    why don't people realise that you won't see any of those dreaded lights once you are in the car and driving (remember, that is its purpose). As long as these units produce sufficient light it is ok.
    But every time you approach your car to get in it and drive you'll see them.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But every time you approach your car to get in it and drive you'll see them.
    I have the same problem with my car, and I am very happy.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I have the same problem with my car, and I am very happy.
    But your car isn't that bad (and neither is this, by the way). But certanly for me there's a limit where even a great drive can't make up for disastrous looks.

Which, amongst other reasons, is probably why I wouldn't buy a BMW again.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But your car isn't that bad (and neither is this, by the way). But certanly for me there's a limit where even a great drive can't make up for disastrous looks.

Which, amongst other reasons, is probably why I wouldn't buy a BMW again.
    I used a hyperbole, of course, but I find it increasingly frustrating that people comment on silly and minor design aspects of new cars, rather than looking to the overall technical value. The boot lid of one of the BMW 7-designs springs to mind.... totally irrelevant, but the talk of the town.

I used a hyperbole, of course, but I find it increasingly frustrating that people comment on silly and minor design aspects of new cars, rather than looking to the overall technical value. The boot lid of one of the BMW 7-designs springs to mind.... totally irrelevant, but the talk of the town.
    Very true. Negativity around here is suffocating sometimes.

For me it's more the fact the inner lights look like an after-thought, and nothing on a premium car should look like an after-thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Very true. Negativity around here is suffocating sometimes.
    It takes a lot of effort to reach my level of "all modern cars are rubbish" sort of negativity though...
    Visca Catalunya!

I don't like it, especially the rear, because it seems higher than what I suspect it actually is, and even thinner, without a real presence I would expect on a such a car. Probably the horizontal lights bring an even more flat idea to the whole rear part, so I think my problem resides in them.

the front: with the first leaked images, renderings and even the last spy shots with less camos, I thought the smaller headlamps were simply wrong, put of place and without a particular decent look.
    looking at the car they started making a sense though, and even if I can't actually understand the whole complex design of them because they somehow manage to disappear in the car's front, they create some lines flowing on the bonnet and giving a dynamic yet solid look to the front view.
    So I like it, but I also think it's not working with the rear if considered together.

Personally, I don't like the squared central console, it reminds me too much of the consoles from the eighties and nineties, and I never liked them, actually I though and still think the interios' design was quite underestimated in those years usually, even if I liked, mainly as a kid but it still works, the use-as-may-buttons-as-you-can trend going on in those years.
    as an opposite, I don't like recent Opel's minimalist interiors'.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

They have a big impact on how the front of the car looks, second only perhaps to the shape of the grille. Suprising to hear this from someone so interested in the classic designs of the car world!

I like it a lot, except I think the headlights could be just once piece, so do away with the little break between the lights...

holy shit it does look like a Genesis! The rear looks practically identical.
    Or maybe it's the Genesis looks like the Merc?

Thread Information