View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 12:14 AM
Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
Are they losing out on snob appeal, too?
Luxury is surely becoming more democratized. See: Hyundai, Mazda... The gap is closing I think in terms of features. BMWs are kinda getting meh'd in the haze. CEO ousted, the purists don't like them; not that that matters a bit for sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13
but E90s (which are still modern in my brain)
Yeah, no one is getting younger; time is zipping.

I keep thinking E90s are current... The F30 (good looker, not so much well loved) and G20 (had to google their codes as they don't inspire passion) landed with a thud, which is maybe part of why the E90 seems current.

Quote:
K̶u̶b̶a̶n̶g̶s̶ Levantes, Stelvios
At least these look cool. I don't inherently hate the looks of SUVs, but these are particularly head turning.

Quote:
I think Tesla is the brand du jour in the upper middle-class and aspirational middle middle-class stakes
Yup. Their rise has been meteoric. They litter the streets. See: I was reading today that they account for like 1/4 of new car sales in Norway, which has about 50% electric sales in recent months.

Quote:
*Darth Vader saying "Sister!"*
EDIT: This works better if Kitdy's picture is on the same page...
I worked on that one. We had a laugh when we saw the first photos in the office. The LD Silverado, particularly the Z71 in red looks spectacular. GM must be shitting themselves Ram overtook them in sales.