Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel economy thread

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    The Polo4 is 2.2 liter and runs 40mm Webbers, too.
    ermm....it is pronounced: Wayber (with a thin W) and spelled Weber....(and has nothing to do with Mike Webber )
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    ermm....it is pronounced: Wayber (with a thin W) and spelled Weber....(and has nothing to do with Mike Webber )
    I would have thought Veh-bah. Good to know.

By Mike Weber, I assume you refer to the illustrious Buffalo Sabres defenceman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I would have thought Veh-bah. Good to know.

By Mike Weber, I assume you refer to the illustrious Buffalo Sabres defenceman.
    Although the Weber Company is Italian the name is German, so you will hear the r at the end. (There is a significant German speaking population in the North Eastern part of Italy, a region called Sud-Tirol).

and i was referring to the baster son of Andrew Lloyd Webber, the composer...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I am familiar with Sud-Tirol and the language complications of Northern Italy.

I had forgotten Edoardo Weber had a Swiss father. For some reason, I had also thought that W in German was pronounced as a V in English.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I am familiar with Sud-Tirol and the language complications of Northern Italy.

I had forgotten Edoardo Weber had a Swiss father. For some reason, I had also thought that W in German was pronounced as a V in English.
    no, otherwise we would have had a Volksvagen....

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    a 330i saloon with the n52 engine
    Nice engine, BMW make great I6 engines.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Last tank in the Brava, 5.7L/100kms 49.56mpg(UK) 41.27mpg(US)
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Just found an usefull site (in German) where you can search for the actual fuel consumption figures of its members.

Hopefully not considered as spam.

Spritverbrauch berechnen und Autokosten verwalten - Spritmonitor.de

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    a 330i saloon with the n52 engine
    Very nice. When did you get that?

(I've just picked-up a 2003 320i with the older M52 lump)
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    34,89mpg (6,74l/100km) in the Echo. Just aired up the tyres and I've done about 60 miles(~100km) highway which should bump me close to 36mpg (~6,5l/100km) on this tank.

Harley's been averaging around 48mpg (4,9l/100km) on my commute.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

BMW 320i (6cyl): 25.2 mpg
    Citroen C4 1.6HDi (110ps): 32.1mpg

Both doing short urban journeys from cold, although the BMW has been into the countryside today.

10,000 km with the C3 1.6 Hdi (92 BHP): 4.42l/100 km.

10,000 km with the C3 1.6 Hdi (92 BHP): 4.42l/100 km.
    Is that done mainly cruising at 55mph or what? We have a 2009 C3 1.4HDi (70ps) in the family and even with the smaller engine, that gets nowhere near your figure.

The best I've ever had from the C4 was 56mpg on a journey down the motorway to London Heathrow airport. That was driving at 70mph most of the way, and 50 through the roadworks on the M1. It was unbearably boring though and as a result on my next 100+ mile journey, I avoided motorways wherever possible! However, that did highlight the C4s lack of overtaking ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    Is that done mainly cruising at 55mph or what? We have a 2009 C3 1.4HDi (70ps) in the family and even with the smaller engine, that gets nowhere near your figure.

The best I've ever had from the C4 was 56mpg on a journey down the motorway to London Heathrow airport. That was driving at 70mph most of the way, and 50 through the roadworks on the M1. It was unbearably boring though and as a result on my next 100+ mile journey, I avoided motorways wherever possible! However, that did highlight the C4s lack of overtaking ability.
    It is my wife's car for going to work, (if she does not take the Bicycle for her 20 km one way trip.....) and we use it for "long" distance driving in the Netherlands, cruising at constant speeds of 105 kph. Flooring is a word that has not entered the vocabulary. The EHdi version has been specially developed, and includes a start stop system. The C5 has been set aside for foreign trips only and in case we need to transport furniture or something.

I know... misspell (mispell?) it way too often (must be a subliminal fetish for grilling), but considering the amount of bad spelling/grammar around here didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition! Or rather, the Dutch one...

Anyway, went to a hotter plug and re-jetted... the 356 is now running much better and returned 20.3 MPG.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Thread Information