Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lotus Elise Sport Racer

Lotus Elise Sport Racer

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Press Release
    Harking back to some key Lotus sports and GT racer colour schemes (used on some versions of the Lotus Elite, Type 23, and Lotus Elan) from the 1950s and 1960s, Lotus introduces the limited edition Lotus Elise Sports Racer.

Two distinctly different vehicles have been produced. The first, in Ardent Red, features a single painted white stripe flanked by two thinner painted white stripes and has distinctive white wing mirrors. The interior of the car is also unique, with matching red stitching set against black leather trim.

The second car is Nightfall Blue and has twin painted white stripes running the length of the vehicle. Again, this car features white wing mirrors and has a unique interior, subtly matching the exterior of the vehicle, with blue stitching on the leather.

Both the versions have a coloured (red or blue respectively) Elise logo stitched into the headrests and unique Elise Sports Racer decals positioned on the exterior of the car.

The Elise Sports Racer will be built in limited numbers with a total production run, across the two colours, of 199 units worldwide with each one given an individually numbered build plate.

Under the blue and red colour schemes, the Elise Sports Racers use some of the best sports and track specific components available including ultra-lightweight 7-twin spoke forged alloy wheels (saving a massive 1.2 kg of unsprung weight per corner), Advan Neova AD07 LTS tyres linked to sports suspension (uprated Eibach springs and stiffer Bilstein dampers), twin oil coolers and switchable Lotus Traction Control (LTC).

The switchable engine-managed Lotus Traction Control System (LTC) is active above 8 km/h (5 mph) and works through the engine, reducing power when required to maintain traction. It operates much quicker than many brake based systems. A Torsen-type limited slip differential (LSD) is available as an option for tight low speed, high acceleration driving (such as auto tests).

Standard luxury kit includes a colour matched hardtop, central door locking, electric windows, interior stowage net, sound insulation pack, black soft-top with sound/thermal insulation and black full carpet set.

LED rear lights are fitted which are brighter and the brake lights illuminate 2 tenths of a second (0.2 seconds) quicker (or one Elise car length at 70km/h / 43 mph) and are 36% lighter (around 0.6 kg) than conventional filament bulbs.

The Proven and High Performing Engine and Gearbox

With a VVTL-i engine (Variable Valve Timing and Lift-intelligent) producing a maximum power output of 141 kW (189 hp or 192 PS) and 181 Nm (133 lbft or 18.5 kgm) of torque, the Elise Sports Racer sprints to 100km/h in 5.2 seconds (60 mph in 4.9 seconds) and 160km/h (100 mph) in 13.0 seconds before reaching a certified top speed of 241km/h (150 mph).

This performance is achieved through a balance of environmental considerations with the fully Euro IV Emissions compliant engine helping the Elise to return 8.8 litres/100 km (32.1 mpg) on the combined cycle, as well as the very low figure of 208 g/km of CO2 emissions.

Sometimes steel is lighter than Aluminium! A new lightweight pedal box

The Lotus Elise Sports Racer uses a new lighter weight pedal box with forged steel pedal arms and extruded aluminium pads. This new unit, which is lighter that the previous extruded aluminium unit, has an electronic throttle for quicker and smoother engine response, reduced brake pedal ratio and improved pedal feel for the brake and throttle. All three pedals are better positioned for improved "heel and toe" brake and throttle control on downshifts. The cable-less throttle also ensures that emissions are managed more effectively and kept as low as possible under all operating conditions.
    Air-conditioning is available as an option and weighs in at a featherweight 15 kg.

The Lotus Elise Sports Racer is available from Lotus dealers in November 2005 at a recommended retail price of £31,995 in the UK. Other world market prices will be issued shortly.
    ---- Specifications ----

Price
    £31,995 (U.S. prices tba)

Production
    --

Engine
    1.8 liter inline-4

Weight
    --

Aspiration
    natural

Torque
    133 lb-ft

HP
    189 hp

HP/Weight
    --

HP/Liter
    105 hp per liter

0-100 mph
    13 seconds

0-60 mph
    4.9 seconds

Top Speed
    150 mph

That's one sexy Elise!! I hope it come to the Netherlands, my dad is considering to buy a car to drive at sundays...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Elises are great! Just lose the stupid strips.
    Before Posting Please Watch This Short Video... URL=http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

one of the nicest elise ever made

I have seen models of those

Get an Elise and supercharge for about 250BHP then it will be a proper Ferrari killer on the track...
    I predict 0-60 time of around 3.9/4.0secs

Quote Originally Posted by Clique
    Get an Elise and supercharge for about 250BHP then it will be a proper Ferrari killer on the track...
    I predict 0-60 time of around 3.9/4.0secs
    you may risk over-power the suspenion geomerty, spring and dampers.
    MORE power can sometimes make you slower
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    you may risk over-power the suspenion geomerty, spring and dampers.
    MORE power can sometimes make you slower
    I know... You can compensate for the power by lowering and changing the dampers and springs to a more hardcore settings because a Elise isnt exactly an everyday car is it?

...because a Elise isnt exactly an everyday car is it?
    There's a guy over here that does! lucky bastard...
    Before Posting Please Watch This Short Video... URL=http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Quote Originally Posted by Forever92
    There's a guy over here that does! lucky bastard...
    LOL... Imagine going to work in an Elise... On the way to work there were twisty roads... Going to work each day would be soooo much sweeter.

LOL... Imagine going to work in an Elise... On the way to work there were twisty roads... Going to work each day would be soooo much sweeter.
    Well, I think he goes to work in it but there arn't any twisty roads here...

He just takes this one turn like a bat out of hell all the time.

I know... You can compensate for the power by lowering and changing the dampers and springs to a more hardcore settings because a Elise isnt exactly an everyday car is it?
    erm yes it is, there are loads of Elise on Scottish roads around me.
    AND we dont' have typical soft-top weather

It's not jsut about lowering as when you do that you alter the camber/caster. It often requires rejiggin gof the picku ppoints adn the length of arms and pivot for dampers/springs to get it right when serioulsly increasing the power and trying to retain handling. To be fair to Lotus theh chassis is fine for 250, not sure about the arm geometry.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

theres a guy that has a 111r around here
    i talked to him at the gas staion once and he said follow me to work and i'll give you a ride so i followed him to work
    he uses back streets. its shorter but i'ts way more fun than 123 in the AM and PM
    so we get to number four jermantown road (correct spelling) and says come back at 6 PM so i came buy at six and he ditched me (owned) but i've seen him around and still enjoy it
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

looks like a baby gt40 with the stripe
    stereotonin

Only the Green/yellow or Red/white/gold should ever go on a Lotus racer.
    That looks naff

Thread Information