Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chopping contest - prototype

Chopping contest - prototype

This here thread is to generate some interest in the for-far-too-long abandoned chopping section of this forum. EDIT: This thread was created based on Painterr's earlier thread. Let's bring back the chops!

There's seemingly only a little interest at the moment, but that's all we need.

Everyone that's interested, please feel free to make suggestions.

From my side, I say:

1) We follow no strict schedule. The voting will start once there are enough entries.
    2) The competitions aren't run by any one person, but by anyone in the participating group.
    3) Prizes. Not necessary, but it can be arranged (this one will need some thought).

So, if all are in agreement let's get this show on the road. What will we be chopping?
    Last edited by Kooper; 02-18-2009 at 07:47 AM.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    The prize before was you get to pick the next car, that seemed pretty decent.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    The prize before was you get to pick the next car, that seemed pretty decent.
    Good point, I think that's the way to go as well. Painterr mentioned maybe adding something like a month-long RS account as well, maybe both if we have enough participants?

Kooper, props. I loved seeing the old chop contests and you spearheading a new one is great - I hope all the choppers here have a bit of a go at it as it makes it more interesting to see multiple entries.

What you gonna chop?

I'll be happy to run the competitions if you guys want, it may turn hectic if there is no one assigned leader. Also, while deadlines usually weren't met, I think there should be some kind of time window. If I spent time chopping a car I don't know if I would want to wait two months for voting, if you catch my drift.

Go to chopping forums and spread the word a bit. Not sure if Illusionist still runs PS-Garage but I'm sure his site and others may be interested in a weekly chop competition. Some of the guys there used to post here very frequently.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

It sounds good! I will do my best to enter the contest. As far as the RS acount I offered earlier I ended up giving it to my son! I do come accross RS accounts every so often and will be willing to give it as a prize when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy
    Kooper, props. I loved seeing the old chop contests and you spearheading a new one is great - I hope all the choppers here have a bit of a go at it as it makes it more interesting to see multiple entries.

What you gonna chop?
    Thanks Kitdy, but I can't take the credit on this one, Painterr got the ball rolling.

ANOTHER HUGE EDIT: Not sure what the subject for chopping will be yet, anyone have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I'll be happy to run the competitions if you guys want, it may turn hectic if there is no one assigned leader. Also, while deadlines usually weren't met, I think there should be some kind of time window. If I spent time chopping a car I don't know if I would want to wait two months for voting, if you catch my drift.

Go to chopping forums and spread the word a bit. Not sure if Illusionist still runs PS-Garage but I'm sure his site and others may be interested in a weekly chop competition. Some of the guys there used to post here very frequently.
    I think that's a good idea if you run it (thanks for offering btw). What say the rest of the guys?

I agree with the time window, I can also get quite frustrated when finishing a chop in time, then a month later still not seeing any voting.

Quote Originally Posted by Painterr
    It sounds good! I will do my best to enter the contest. As far as the RS acount I offered earlier I ended up giving it to my son! I do come accross RS accounts every so often and will be willing to give it as a prize when I can.
    Thanks for offering the accounts, appreciate it. We can maybe organize that every one who enters slap some cash together for an RS account or whatever, but again, whichever way everyone decides is good with me.

Spreading the word sounds good, I know superwaxer is in, maybe SuzQ, illusionest and some others can join in if asked.

HUGE EDIT: I forgot, digitalcraft, are you in?

Should be good methinks
    Last edited by Kooper; 02-18-2009 at 02:42 PM.

OK, sent the following members a private message each asking them to join in if they can:

X-Raited
    Shreddin
    REDZ
    A17
    MysteriousGT1
    suzq044
    #1 Mustang Fan
    SupraMan22
    85RX7

That's some awesome talent right there.

I'm planning on sending most of the members who ever submitted a chop an invite.

If that doesn't work, next step is begging I guess

EDIT:

More people messaged:

samvesters
    Birdman002
    Glacius
    whiteballz
    Last edited by Kooper; 02-18-2009 at 03:10 PM.

dont bother sending me one.. i will probably be in.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    dont bother sending me one.. i will probably be in.

Lol, excellent!

I can still send you a message just to make it official?

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    Lol, excellent!

I can still send you a message just to make it official?
    if you really want...

just make it quick with the start of the comp, my schedule is great right now, but will get ugly in a few weeks. and dont expect anything fantastic from me. i think the last chop i did was when i was running the comps
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Right, getting on with the program. Since we don't have a previous winner to choose the pic, should we have everyone submit a pic and have a quick vote what should be chopped?

My submission:

Nissan 370Z

I'll agree with the 370z choice, I've wanted to chop that car. Now I just have to remember the whole photochopping part of it, haven't done this in a while.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I am a truly awful photochopper, but I enjoy doing it, so count me in.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I am a truly awful photochopper, but I enjoy doing it, so count me in.
    Excellent, glad to have you on-board

Thread Information