6 33.33%
  • 2009 Mazda 6 (grand touring)

10 55.56%
  • Other???

2 11.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Audi A4 vs. 2009 Mazda 6

2006 Audi A4 vs. 2009 Mazda 6

My mother is looking to buy a car and she is deciding between these two. However much I like my 2006 mazda6, I dont know if it has much in common with the 2009 model. She is looking at the touring model of the mazda with the 4 cyl, or the 3.2 quattro for the audi. I suggested she go for the v6 but the car model they have that she really likes (Black exterior with tan leather interior) isnt in with a v6 (or something like that). I am a thousand miles away so I cant test drive either for her, do either of you have any experience with either of these car models? Also, let the game begin for helping her choose a car. These are the things she will need it for.

- Snow / ice
    - Cold weather
    - Luggage capacity
    - Carrying around a small dog
    - Looks good
    - Drives good
    - Reliable
    - Sedan (4dr)

p.s. she previously had a horendous mecury sable 2002 wagon which died...completly. She hated it and I considered it the worst car I have ever driven.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

How much roughly are the respective cars? It is pretty critical to the equation.

I would side Audi for me, but I dunno what is right for your mom. The AWD could be good for snow and ice however and I imagine the Audi has better fit and finish than the 6 even if the 6 is good. No V6 with her colour combo seems weird to me though. What is your initial thought on this Sledge? Gut reaction I mean.

Go for the Seat Exeo.

But since you can't buy that, the Mazda 6 for me.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Go for the Seat Exeo.

But since you can't buy that, the Mazda 6 for me.
    Audi hate manifesting itself again?

You gotta elaborate guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post

You gotta elaborate guy.
    Overpiced load of rubbish german engineering, expensive Volkswagen and BMW wannabe.
    Visca Catalunya!

Overpiced load of rubbish german engineering, expensive Volkswagen and BMW wannabe.
    Why exactly do you despise them so much other than that? Are they not comparable to a BMW in terms of quality? They also have a great AWD system supposedly which is a plus for some. Are not BMWs and Benzs also overpriced too if Audis are then?

Go for the Seat Exeo.
    Always helpful, aren't we?

The 6 will come with a warranty and that's always a plus. The Mazda should be more reliable considering the inconsistency of VAG build quality(some last forever, some last minutes).
    6 starts at $20-25k
    3.2 A4 quattro w/ 50k miles KBBs at $22.5k

I'd take the six.
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 01-18-2009 at 01:16 PM.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Why exactly do you despise them so much other than that? Are they not comparable to a BMW in terms of quality? They also have a great AWD system supposedly which is a plus for some. Are not BMWs and Benzs also overpriced too if Audis are then?
    You know things go like this, if you want to buy german:

If you want the ultimate sports saloon you buy a BMW, they are the best at it and that's the end.

If you want a comfortable ride with a prestigious badge you buy a Mercedes-Benz.

If you want a car which has the engine in front of the headlamps, a steering with no feel whatsoever, a useless four wheel drive system and a stupidly big grille, then you absolutely must go for an Audi.
    Visca Catalunya!

My guess, Audi between $25,000 & $30,000 and the Mazda around $22,000 to $25,000I'd be very tempted by the 3.2 Audi, but having a newer Mazda in there, especially the new 6 I'm a little torn, Mazda would go on for forever and the fact that it is still in warranty could be a good thing though Quattro would be extremly effective in the snow.
    I think I'd possibly personally be happier in the Audi

You gotta elaborate guy.
    SEAT Exeo is a last-generation Audi A4 Saloon with new lights, bumpers, mirrors and bonnet with the A4 Cabriolet interior save for the badge in the middle of the steering wheel, it even has an Audi key.
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 01-18-2009 at 01:23 PM.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    SEAT Exeo is a last-generation Audi A4 Saloon with new lights, bumpers, mirrors and bonnet with the A4 Cabriolet interior save for the badge in the middle of the steering wheel, it even has an Audi key.
    I know that but he really does hate those Audis otherwise.

Infiniti G35! Nissan Maxima!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Im right now leaning toward the 6. The real advantage with the audi is its awd system. For those who voted other, please name the car that you might recomend. Any thoughts would be helpful. As far as the handling at the limits, not a big issue. Side note, it was down in the -30's this last few days in wisconsin so ice is an issue that the car would need to respond well in. Also I forgot in the first post, saftey. I will suggest the infinity
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Well Ferrer hates Audis and has some good reasons why, but maybe a 3-Series with X-Drive will do then? I don't know much about X-Drive but it may be acceptable though BMWs hold their value very well so it may be more costly.

An idea perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    You forget the most important thing of all. It has a nice un-Audish price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Im right now leaning toward the 6. The real advantage with the audi is its awd system. For those who voted other, please name the car that you might recomend. Any thoughts would be helpful. As far as the handling at the limits, not a big issue. Side note, it was down in the -30's this last few days in wisconsin so ice is an issue that the car would need to respond well in. Also I forgot in the first post, saftey. I will suggest the infinity
    If you have to deal with ice and snow I'd say good tires are more important than four wheel drive.

But if you're desperate for four wheel drive, what about a Passat? Or a V50?
    Visca Catalunya!

But if you're desperate for four wheel drive, what about a Passat? Or a V50?
    or a Subaru Legacy.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information