Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: skyline gtr32 vs supra twin turbo

skyline gtr32 vs supra twin turbo

Hello i know this has been asked a million times before. But i am having trouble finding info on exactly what i need.

I will basically have a bit of money soon and i am considering getting either a skyline gtr32 - or a supra twin turbo.

I think supra would win on looks but would that be outweighed by the AWD on the skyline. Do you generally feel the difference between AWD and RWD.

What are your suggestions on looks and the feeling you get when you drive both these cars. What would you suggest?

Dazed and Confused

Csongor

i would suggest arrange a test drive in both and then decide for yourself
    no point relying on other people's impressions.

iirc the GTR is RWD anyway until you cock up and it shunts power to the front axle, and will probably break more. but then the supra is basically a japanese mustang haha..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

My first impression is you probably have too much money and too little taste. I'd put the money into something unique.. but in the constraints of the thread, the supra is muscle, the GTR is corners. Whichever suits you is your answer.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

The supra and the skyline are both twin-turbos

And yes, i have to agree with these guys...

The supra is muscle...

the skyline is a car for corners...
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

The supra can be made to handle but they are a fat little pig, the R32 GTR is a good thing as its the lightest of the GTRs and hangs are still more than available with the awd set up in them.

This is a bit left feild but what about the FD RX7 Silver spirit version, very unique only 1500 made world wide and more than capable on the track. One of the sexiest shapes around and a true sports car

Used MAZDA FD Spirit Type A - ${State} - CarPoint Australia

SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

why did we forget about this car... It is both looks and handling...
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post
    why did we forget about this car... It is both looks and handling...
    maybe its because he asked specifically about the skyline and the supra
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    The supra can be made to handle but they are a fat little pig, the R32 GTR is a good thing as its the lightest of the GTRs and hangs are still more than available with the awd set up in them.

This is a bit left feild but what about the FD RX7 Silver spirit version, very unique only 1500 made world wide and more than capable on the track. One of the sexiest shapes around and a true sports car

Used MAZDA FD Spirit Type A - ${State} - CarPoint Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17 View Post
    maybe its because he asked specifically about the skyline and the supra
    I was just putting out another suggestion, okay , good condition unmolested skylines and supras are rare here in australia and the RX7 is in the same niche as these cars he mentioned except this has very low kilometres on it is as it came from the factory and its RARE (only 1500 built world wide)
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

I was just putting out another suggestion, okay , good condition unmolested skylines and supras are rare here in australia and the RX7 is in the same niche as these cars he mentioned except this has very low kilometres on it is as it came from the factory and its RARE (only 1500 built world wide)
    since he wants only a Skyline or a Supra, I will take it, thank you.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

All recomendations are welcome

Maybe I am being a bit narrow in my choice. Its all I can think of right now. LOL when i said i am getting a bit of money thats what I meant. My budget is limited to around $17 000 AU. But i want to explore my options. I realise it is a car i can build on. But i need the right base for me.

I can see your points, Muscle or handeling. This is a tough choice. Muscle and sex appeal is very tempting. But im sure with the right kit i can make the skyline look sexy. I guess i have to figure out what is really important. I think a test drive is in order lol. But any suggestions from you guys and girls are welcome.

The comment "too little taste" was interesting so please suggest something unique and affordable. I am open to all options.

Csongor

I thought it was a good suggestion, and worth every penny of the asking price.

this is a pretty preference question. die hard supra boys will say supra. die hard skyline boys will say skyline. now obviously they will all agree that supras make more power if maxed out. skylines look great (atleast R33 and R34) (that can be argued) but yeah its controversial!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

I'd personally take the skyline, but like everybody else said, it's down to personal taste.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Having driven a well sorted R32 and being driven in a supra (single turbo conversion from TT)

They're both brilliant.

Its down to personal taste, and in the real world you wont access the full potential of either of these cars daily. So power shouldnt be your concern.

GTR's look hot, you dont need a kit for them. supra's you do.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

An unmolested R32 GTR is now encroaching on the realms of classic car territory and as they're so hard to find, prices for these sorts of cars in the next few years is going to skyrocket. If you're into wings 'n' things and fat exhausts and big rims and fancy paint, go destroy a Supra.

If you want to buy a car that's going to appreciate in value over the next few years and can stay away from ruining its originality, then buy an R32 GTR. If I was to buy one of these cars now, I'd only drive it on weekends. Estimates for these cars are expected to hit 50K within the next 5 years as low-mileage, unmodified original examples dry up.

As for your budget, you couldn't buy a good GTR for less than $20,000AU. Most prime examples are hovering between 23-25 grand, with some V-Specs hitting the 30K region.

If you want to modify the car extensively and end up with a show-pony, then you could have yourself a decent R32 GTS4 for good money. Throw on a decent hairdryer (or an extra one), a FMIC and beef up the gearbox and you'll end up with a good streeter.

Thread Information