Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 24 Hours of Le Mans, LMS and ALMS news

I hope the above news will mean less non-professional drivers for the 2009 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Epsilon Euskadi on 2008 and 2009

Sergio Rinland says

- to stay with Judd V-10

- may race in the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring if the budget is there

Translated version of http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=6822

EPSILON EUSKADI==JOAN VILLADELPRAT & SERGIO RINLAND & JORDI CATON==AZKOITIA (43º 10' 22'' N - 2º 19' 26'' O)

2008 Epsilon Euskadi ee1 Judd - Images, Specifications and Information
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Team Modena may run 2 Ferrari 430 GT2s

This economic crisis is having vast implications on endurance racing it seems. No Audi in the LMS, I've heard whispers of no Peugeot either, a 19 or so car grid in the ALMS, no test day, Toyota reconsidering Le Mans, and maybe even more? It looked like things were going to be so good in the coming years in LMS-type racing but it is not looking too good for 2009.

Toyota never confirmed they would return to Le Mans.

The fans should invite the strangers and neighbors to watch ALMS/FIA GT/LMS/WRC in 2009.

Will Patron become the ALMS title sponsor in 2009?

IMSA, Patron Partner In GT3 Championship

The International Motorsports Association is breaking new ground in 2009 with a new title sponsor for its Porsche GT3 Cup-based championship. The Patrón Spirits Company has joined with IMSA to form the Patrón GT3 Challenge, with news of additional partners to come shortly.

IMSA, Patron Partner In GT3 Championship | FeedMeSportscars
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by togos452 View Post
    Toyota never confirmed they would return to Le Mans.
    I am aware.

Bertrand Baguette to test with Pescarolo Sport

(potential drivers for 2009)

The Official BERTRAND BAGUETTE Website

PESCAROLO SPORT

Courage-Oreca sells LC70 Judd to new French LMP1 team

Signature Ultimate - LMP1 team

Team of Sinault Philippe, combined with Didier Calmels

12-3-08

Tires and drivers not announced.

Signature - Compétition, événement

Translated version of http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=6837

earlier open wheel news about the team

Motorsport.com: News channel

Speedy Racing - Team Sebah to expand with Lola

12-4-08

Purchase of Charouz's Lola B08/60 Aston Martin (first chassis) and again with Lola B08/80 Judd.

Tires and drivers not announced, but Xavier Pompidou likely.

Le Mans Series

SPEEDY RACING - TEAM SEBAH :::: First ever LMP2 Coupé at Le Mans 24

S P E E D Y   G A R A G E

Xavier Pompidou - Official website -

After quitting LMS Audi will also not participate in the ALMS next year. ...economic circumstances, the R15 will make two appearances this year, Sebring and LeMans
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    After quitting LMS Audi will also not participate in the ALMS next year. ...economic circumstances, the R15 will make two appearances this year, Sebring and LeMans
    considering the economic circumstances, I would race a new car as much as possible to regain some of the costs with sponsorships and the likes. or I wouldn't present a new race car at all, especially if just for two races. tbh, I feel like the R10 life has been a little to short, especially considering the 6-7 years (depending if you count the R8R too) of the R8.
    perhaps, the R8 lasted so much because of the lack of competitors, and the fact that Audi won't race much R15 is due to the fact that they used to spend fortunes in previous seasons.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    considering the economic circumstances, I would race a new car as much as possible to regain some of the costs with sponsorships and the likes. or I wouldn't present a new race car at all, especially if just for two races. tbh, I feel like the R10 life has been a little to short, especially considering the 6-7 years (depending if you count the R8R too) of the R8.
    perhaps, the R8 lasted so much because of the lack of competitors, and the fact that Audi won't race much R15 is due to the fact that they used to spend fortunes in previous seasons.
    Perhaps the R15 will be little more than a revamped R10.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Perhaps the R15 will be little more than a revamped R10.
    they said the difference between the R10 and the R15 are going to be more than those between the R8 and the R10. (and Wouter confirmed that too )

they said the difference between the R10 and the R15 are going to be more than those between the R8 and the R10. (and Wouter confirmed that too )
    Then Audi has a lot of cash to burn...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Gah what is gonna happen next year - the battle in LMP1 in the ALMS was looking to be exciting but now it's gotta be an Acura walkover. In ALMS LMP2, who you got? Last year there was the great Acura / Porsche battle often for overall victory with Audi and there isn't gonna be any RS Spyders in LMP2. So LMP1 is gonna be a walkover, who is gonna be in LMP2? Dyson in the Lola-Mazdas and other teams I am not sure of. GT1 is dead for all intents and purposes. So that's three potential classes of garbage with the only one of interest being GT2. In the LMS if Peugeot races they will crush the opposition so it'd probably be better if they didn't race at all. This is getting really stupid fast in my eyes. I hope Le Mans will be sick - I'm hoping Acura will go so that you can have three competent big manufacturers battling for overall victory - it's been nearly 10 years since that;'s happened yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Gah what is gonna happen next year - the battle in LMP1 in the ALMS was looking to be exciting but now it's gotta be an Acura walkover. In ALMS LMP2, who you got? Last year there was the great Acura / Porsche battle often for overall victory with Audi and there isn't gonna be any RS Spyders in LMP2. So LMP1 is gonna be a walkover, who is gonna be in LMP2? Dyson in the Lola-Mazdas and other teams I am not sure of. GT1 is dead for all intents and purposes. So that's three potential classes of garbage with the only one of interest being GT2. In the LMS if Peugeot races they will crush the opposition so it'd probably be better if they didn't race at all. This is getting really stupid fast in my eyes. I hope Le Mans will be sick - I'm hoping Acura will go so that you can have three competent big manufacturers battling for overall victory - it's been nearly 10 years since that;'s happened yeah?
    yeah, 1999 was the last epic fight. MB, BMW, Toyota, Audi, Chrysler (IIRC), maybe Nissan too, just for the LMP1 5 official teams, then it only happened to have 2 of them, but usually just one (I would seriously consider the Bentley team as an opponent for Audi).

yeah, 1999 was the last epic fight.
    2008 was the last epic fight...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information