Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2013 / 2014 F1 Silly Season

I was saying elsewhere, Pfizer should look into sponsoring a team....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Perez's departure from McLaren has just been confirmed by the driver himself.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    That drawing of the purported 2014 nose resembles a drooping phallus.
    When one can make an Audi R18--designed for pure and simple Teutonic efficiency over any other consideration and has almost as much stuff bolted to it as the pre-2009 F1 cars do to take advantage of the ACO's areo rule--look very ascetically pleasing, then someone's doing something wrong.

As if the stepped noses didn't look awkward enough...
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

Magnussen has been confirmed for McLaren next year.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Perez's departure from McLaren has just been confirmed by the driver himself.
    And the first draft, courtesy of the orangiest motoring website.

Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Lotus have confirmed Grosjean and Maldonado for 2014:

Quote Originally Posted by Press Release
    Lotus F1 Team is pleased to announce that Venezuelan driver Pastor Maldonado [28] will join the Enstone squad alongside Frenchman Romain Grosjean [27] for the 2014 Formula 1 season.

Pastor – a veteran of 58 Grand Prix starts, including pole position and victory at the 2012 Spanish Grand Prix – has driven for Williams F1 Team since entering the sport at the start of the 2011 season.

Romain has raced for Lotus F1 Team since the start of the 2012 season, having previously driven for the Enstone outfit in its former guise of Renault F1 Team during the final seven races of the 2009 season, in addition to serving as third driver for the team in 2011.

Eric Boullier, Team Principal
    “It is with great pleasure that we can formally confirm that Romain Grosjean will continue with Lotus F1 Team next season. He has really made the most of his tremendous talent over the latter part of the 2013 season and will be a fantastic asset to our 2014 challenge. Romain will be joined by Pastor Maldonado; a driver I have known since he drove for me at DAMS in the 2005 World Series by Renault season. It is clear that Pastor has pace and potential – demonstrated by his 2010 GP2 Series title success and then through strong races throughout his career at Williams F1 Team – and we are convinced that we will be able to provide the correct environment to enable him to flourish regularly on track. We have been working on our new car in alignment with the new regulations for over two years and we are confident that we have a very good solution to all the challenges ahead. With Romain and Pastor I believe Lotus F1 Team will be able to cause quite a few surprises next year.”

Romain Grosjean, Lotus F1 Team Driver
    “I am very happy to have official confirmation that I will be continuing to drive for Lotus F1 Team next season. This past year has been tremendously satisfying for me. We have worked well together, and I know everyone at Enstone is motivated to continue the fight for every last point available. I am very excited about next year’s car and I cannot wait to get out on track for pre-season testing before heading to Australia for the first race of the season.”

Pastor Maldonado, 2014 Lotus F1 Team Driver
    “It is a fantastic opportunity for me to join Lotus F1 Team for 2014. It’s no secret that I have wanted a change of scene to help push on with my Formula 1 career and Lotus F1 Team offered the very best opportunity for me to be competitive next season. The regulations and cars will change significantly so it is a very good time for a fresh start. I can’t wait to be racing in black and gold.”

(Ted Joans)

So... How many times will they hit each other?

... In the first race?

Where is Hulkenberg going to end up?

It will be sad if he doesn't have a seat for 2014.
    Visca Catalunya!

Reports are that Hulk will probably sign with Force India.
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

He never shoulda left.

So PdR will lose this round of musical chairs then maybe? Or end up at Sauber...

I think Di Resta will move to Indycar to replace Franchitti.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I think Di Resta will move to Indycar to replace Franchitti.
    Yo man, make a prop bet in that. You could cash in.

Hulkenberg has been confirmed at Force India today:

Quote Originally Posted by Press Release
    Sahara Force India is delighted to confirm that Nico Hulkenberg will return to Sahara Force India in 2014 after agreeing a multi-year deal.

The 26-year-old German is no stranger to Sahara Force India having spent the 2011 and 2012 seasons with the team. The already strong working relationship will ensure a smooth transition as the team moves into the new era of Formula One™.

Sahara Force India’s full 2014 driver line-up will be announced in due course.

Dr Vijay Mallya, Team Principal and Managing Director: “I’m delighted to see Nico back with Sahara Force India. When he drove for us in 2012, it became clear Nico was an exceptional talent and he has continued to impress everyone in the paddock with his strong performances this season. Having Nico in our line-up is a real statement of intent and a huge boost for everyone associated with the team. We have high hopes and expectations for 2014 and by signing Nico we have put ourselves in the best position to achieve those objectives and enjoy what could be our most competitive season yet.”

Nico Hulkenberg: “I am happy to come back to Sahara Force India. The team is aiming high for next year and I believe that the experience I have gained over the years will help us achieve those goals. I genuinely believe we can have a competitive package in 2014. I’ve heard a lot of positive things about the Mercedes engine as well, so I think there is a lot to be excited about for next year. I know this team and I can see their determination; it’s a great bunch of people and we all share the same hunger for success.”

(Ted Joans)

I'm glad to see Hulk stay in F1, too bad it's with a ne'er-do-well team.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

FI are arguably the fastest of the midpack. Many want to see The Hulk further up, but this isn't terrible.

Thread Information