Thread: Northeast Snow!

View outside my spot at the library.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Welcome to the north, bitch.

I ain't complaining. I've never had to shovel it, it's very pretty, and it is still pretty novel for me (we've missed most of the major snow up until now). Sure, the salt is a pain in the ass and the slush is awful, but all in all I still like snow.

hellcat, are you in Troy NY as in upstate New York a little east of albany right near i787? that town?
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

The one and only. The snow tends to cover up the general crappiness of the town.

Supposed to get another foot tonight. Great. My car is already stuck in the driveway in the few inches of snow/slush/mud.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    very funny...but only in Newark and Trenton.

they booted us for the summer olympics which was lame. Whiteface (Lake Placid) has held the winter olympics for 2 times back in the 1930's and in 1980. I need to go ski at whiteface. snow snow snow and more snow! i'm excited, i love snow.

Was up in Lake Placid about 3 weeks ago on my way home from Albany. Plenty of snow and Whiteface/Adirondacks rock! Such a fun drive too.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I don't get the complaints. Sure, slush sucks to walk in (most people don't find the ice as entertaining as I do, either,) and salt rusts your fancy italian sports car, but the joys of snow more than out weigh the drawbacks. I would be out there enjoying it while I could. We got nothing here all winter and the flowers are even starting o bloom now so we seem to be SOL this year.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Really? ForecastFox just says rain all the way through Thursday.
    I've been glancing at the accuweather forums for the NE storm updates

Basically it's a bunch of meteorologist geeks that post like mad judging the new maps and 24/48/80 hr storm projections. They're scary good.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    I don't get the complaints. Sure, slush sucks to walk in (most people don't find the ice as entertaining as I do, either,) and salt rusts your fancy italian sports car, but the joys of snow more than out weigh the drawbacks. I would be out there enjoying it while I could. We got nothing here all winter and the flowers are even starting o bloom now so we seem to be SOL this year.
    It sucks when your usual 1 hour commute turns into 3 hours each way. People are morons that don't know how to drive in snow.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post

Basically it's a bunch of meteorologist geeks that post like mad judging the new maps and 24/48/80 hr storm projections. They're scary good.
    That's actually a cool way to get weather updates. I've always thought there had to be a better or at least alternative way to get weather reports than from a few overly paid tv personalities and their flunkies who don't seem to be that accurate anyways.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post

ForcastFox links directly to Accuweather, but I guess your method is a bit better, since forums probably get updated every 15 minutes or so probably.

That's actually a cool way to get weather updates. I've always thought there had to be a better or at least alternative way to get weather reports than from a few overly paid tv personalities and their flunkies who don't seem to be that accurate anyways.
    Do you use Firefox? Just get the extension for it.

And Accuweather is dead on, it's been raining for the last 7 hours or so here.

I don't check on it unless I hear of an upcoming snowstorm or blizzard. Right now they're predicting around 2 feet for my area slightly northwest of NYC with 50+ mph winds and power outages. Next week there may be another blizzard with similar snowfall.

zomg global warming
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

The one and only. The snow tends to cover up the general crappiness of the town.
    oh wow i pass thru that town as i go to Vermont to go skiing at Stratton, Killington or Okemo. It's a cute little town with too much traffic for that one little main road.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Was up in Lake Placid about 3 weeks ago on my way home from Albany. Plenty of snow and Whiteface/Adirondacks rock! Such a fun drive too.
    I want to go to whiteface. how is it. i hear there is good skiing there but i havn't made it that far north yet. one day!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    Supposed to get another foot tonight. Great. My car is already stuck in the driveway in the few inches of snow/slush/mud.
    Here in the city we're getting less but i'm excited for the ski areas!

i like walking in the slush. i wear my boots and step in it. i love watching it squsih to the side. i love driving in it too to send snow flying everywhere. yeah its messsy and all but its not that bad. i agree there are more pro's then cons.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    It sucks when your usual 1 hour commute turns into 3 hours each way. People are morons that don't know how to drive in snow.
    people can't drive regularly you expect them to do it right in the snow? they can't do rain either. thats why we have accidents.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    people can't drive regularly you expect them to do it right in the snow? they can't do rain either. thats why we have accidents.
    Sometimes when I'm in a morbid mood I think of how people back home in LA would react to and drive in this.

Thread Information