Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '04 Goodwood Festival of Speed

Quote Originally Posted by NAZCA C2
    Anybody that goes better post some pics of the event for all of us non europeans.

i am able to take about 1500 pics a day (im there for all 3 days) but i dont think i will get round to it. i am also taking my video cameraa so that i am able to post some small vids for you

here is a pic from last years festival
    Last edited by Mustang; 11-28-2005 at 02:29 PM.
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

I really, really, really, really, really, REALLY want to go, but all my friends are student slackers who have no money so they can't afford it. I'd go on my own, but it's a pretty long way from here in Leicester and I'd get really bored going all that way on my own.

There's a guy who I work with who reckons he's going, but he also reckons he's ordered a Skyline R33. So I tend to take it all with a pinch of salt. If the Nissan does turn up then I may be able to go, in style too!

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    I really, really, really, really, really, REALLY want to go, but all my friends are student slackers who have no money so they can't afford it. I'd go on my own, but it's a pretty long way from here in Leicester and I'd get really bored going all that way on my own.

There's a guy who I work with who reckons he's going, but he also reckons he's ordered a Skyline R33. So I tend to take it all with a pinch of salt. If the Nissan does turn up then I may be able to go, in style too!

hey that is no excuse i am going all the way from Blackpool on my own, and i think that Wouter is going all the way from the Netherlands on his own, might be taking someone wih him
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by .:DB9:.
    You can normally spot some good rare cars in the car park. I didnt know that the Carrera GT attending is owned by Lord March (Owner of Goodwood).

Ill post some pics and vids too but I doubt they will be as good as Mustang's. I wish I could go there for all 3 days. Im definatley not going to the Goodwood Revival Meeting; its just an excuse for people to go in fancy dress, Id be ashamed if a picture of me dressed in 40's clothing turned up on UCP

haha that would be very funny

i dont know that your pics are going to be that much worse than mine. i am gonna spend the firsd day looking aroung where everything is, second dday taking pics and third taking pics and watching the track, might not do it in that order might mix them all together just for the sake of it

what day are you going on ?

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    hey that is no excuse i am going all the way from Blackpool on my own, and i think that Wouter is going all the way from the Netherlands on his own, might be taking someone wih him
    *owned*

Maybe I'll have to have a good long think about it. Perhaps I'm just lazy cos I'm used to just going to the NEC, which is about three quarters of an hour from here at most.

I haven't used my new digital camera since Motorshow Live, so maybe I should go just to justify it's purchase.

Right then, I'm off to go and work out how much this is gonna cost me!

Thanks for the encouragement!!

*owned*

Maybe I'll have to have a good long think about it. Perhaps I'm just lazy cos I'm used to just going to the NEC, which is about three quarters of an hour from here at most.

I haven't used my new digital camera since Motorshow Live, so maybe I should go just to justify it's purchase.

Right then, I'm off to go and work out how much this is gonna cost me!

Thanks for the encouragement!!

ok here is something to discourage you,

my tickets for the 3 days £117 train fair there £68 food and drink down there extremely expensive

( i have also missed the cost of a hotel / B&B if you were staying coz i get to stay at my Aunts / Uncles house )

but what the hell go anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    ok here is something to discourage you,

my tickets for the 3 days £117 train fair there £68 food and drink down there extremely expensive

( i have also missed the cost of a hotel / B&B if you were staying coz i get to stay at my Aunts / Uncles house )

but what the hell go anyway.
    One day ticket: £40

Petrol there and back £30-40

Food + drinks sponged off mum before I go: £0

Being able to see all the nice new shiny cars in the open air doing proper car things rather than couped up in a silly show hall as ornaments: PRICELESS

One day ticket: £40

Petrol there and back £30-40

Food + drinks sponged off mum before I go: £0

Being able to see all the nice new shiny cars in the open air doing proper car things rather than couped up in a silly show hall as ornaments: PRICELESS

very good

P.s. i am not stalking you

what sort of time would you be setting off to get there for a full day if you are driving there ? quite early i imagine when i went to the motorshow i had to set off at 6:50 am to get there for 9:00 including a few stops and alot of traffic jams

Tomorrow I'm gonna ring round my friends and tell them they're coming with me, then I'll see if I can find camping local, then I'll sit down and see how feasible the whole plan is.

Maybe a train would be a far better choice of transport. I'll have to sit and have a good think about it tomorrow. It's far too late now for thinking.

Tomorrow I'm gonna ring round my friends and tell them they're coming with me, then I'll see if I can find camping local, then I'll sit down and see how feasible the whole plan is.

Maybe a train would be a far better choice of transport. I'll have to sit and have a good think about it tomorrow. It's far too late now for thinking.

maybee you should work out if this whole plan is feasible before you ring your mates and tell them that they are coming

train is very expensive and shit at the moment i have been trying to get tickets for a month and they still wont let me get them till the end of this week and i am going on tuesday

try and get your dad to take you in the car, easier than carrying everyhing

Im going on Sunday .. I dunno when I'll be leaving. Last year it only took about 30 seconds to queue but i should walkthrough this year because you dont have to put up with the pay at gate people.

To get there you have to go past the Rolls Royce factory - last year I saw a Phantom doing rally driving because it parked on mud. I have a photo actually.

where i am staying i am about 15 mins from the local Aston Martin dealership so i might nip down there and get some pics for you guys

What dealership is it? Im about 15 mins away from Lancaster Aston Martin in Sevenoaks.

its the reading dealership. i didnt know that there was one in Lancaster, i dont live tooo far from there

Believe me, if you went looking for an Aston dealer in Lancaster you'd be looking for a long time

ok ok just outside lancaster then or wherever it may be, picky picky

Thread Information