Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari celebrates 60 year anniversary

Ferrari celebrates 60 year anniversary

From the Ferrari Owners Site
    who is maybe also going to Maranello for the concours d’élégance
    i i.m planing to go there

Ferrari celebrates 60 year anniversary

1/8/2007

Ferrari is celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2007 with a major event from June 21st to June 24th in Maranello, Italy. Maranello will be the finish line in a “relay race” across five continents where participants will carry a baton embossed with symbols of the 60 greatest moments in the company’s history. The relay represents an extraordinary, collective sign of enthusiasm that will bring together Ferrari clients and their cars representing every model and era.

The “Ferrari 60 Relay” will kick off on January 28th in Abu Dhabi, site of the future Ferrari theme park, and conclude in Maranello on June 24th, after traversing about 50 countries in 148 days. The central theme of the final events is technological innovation pioneered by Ferrari in the 60 years of its existence. For the occasion, Ferrari is assembling its 60 most important innovations, ranging from aluminum pliers for disc brakes to the electric differential and the F1 gearbox.

Against this backdrop Ferrari has organized its first concours d’élégance: a series of events on the track, at the factory and at the Galleria Ferrari in Maranello celebrating the elegance of the Ferrari. An Opera Omnia book will be published on the company’s history, a collection of pictures and data on all the road cars and race cars built by Ferrari.

The baton for the Ferrari 60 Relay was specially created to symbolize the history of the company, from its first success at the Rome Grand Prix of 1947 to the Ferrari FXX of 2006. Our clients will carry the baton around the world in their cars. Each country along the way will dedicate to Ferrari an object representative of their local culture and traditions. The local Italian Embassies will then forward the objects to the Farnesina Palace in Rome for an exhibition of the whole collection. Once the exhibit is over, the objects will be auctioned off in Maranello, with the proceeds going to a charity organization.

From Abu Dhabi the long relay will proceed to Dubai, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. From the Emirates it will head east, to Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, China, Japan, Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan, Australia, and New Zealand. From Oceania it will fly to South Africa and then on to Latin America, reach Mexico, and from there continue on to United States and Canada. Then to Europe, where it will cross Portugal, Spain, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Holland, England, Greece, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovenia and Turkey. It will then touch Egypt and Lebanon, and finally to Italy, where it will touch all the main cities finally arriving, after a special ceremony in Rome, in Maranello.

Of particular interest are the 60 symbols created for the 60 events. Enamel reproductions of them by Editalia (Gruppo Istituto Poligrafico e Zecca dello Stato) will be applied to the baton, and 60 posters of the symbols will also be made. What makes these symbols unique is the fact that they were produced by six different creative teams, guaranteeing a vision of the whole of great graphic and symbolic interest.
    Ferrari Is The Best

i'm planning to go there too.

most probably F60 will have its premiere there
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    most probably F60 will have its premiere there
    It would be the perfect moment. Does anybody has information about it? Or is it a complete and total secret so far?
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26
    It would be the perfect moment. Does anybody has information about it? Or is it a complete and total secret so far?
    of course it's a secret doh but during detroit auto show ferrari confirmed they'll introduce a new model in june, and in june it's gonna be 60. anniversary celebration, and since they made an FXX there are permanent gossips about the enzo successor based on it
    12 cylinders or walk!

Well if the FXX is any indication the car will be a beast (should I be safe in saying north of 800 hp)?

Now that it seems we are on the topic, and off the original, I have a quick question.

Has Ferrari, itself, ever made mention of the "F60," or is this just speculatory nonsense?
    Last edited by Mr.Tiv; 01-17-2007 at 04:04 PM.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

So if Ferrari celebrates 60 years everyone runs and does whatever is required, but Lancia hit the centenary last year and nobody noticed...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

What does Ferrari plan to make at the Ferrari Theme park? A kiddie ride with true race cars? Give me a break.

In any case, racing across continents seem to be the latest craze lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    Now that it seems we are on the topic, and off the original, I have a quick question.

Has Ferrari, itself, ever made mention of the "F60," or is this just speculatory nonsense?
    Perhaps but since they are releasing a new car (maybe its the Dino) or:

1987+ F40

1995-1997 F50

2007 ? (unless the Enzo counts as the F60 which it might as well be).

Quote Originally Posted by MRR
    Perhaps but since they are releasing a new car (maybe its the Dino) or:

1987+ F40

1995-1997 F50

2007 ? (unless the Enzo counts as the F60 which it might as well be).
    If I remember correctly the Enzo was made to celebrate Ferrari Constructors' Championships from 1999 to 2002. It can't really be the F60, since it qualify as F55 rather than F60, being 5 years in advance.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by MRR
    Well if the FXX is any indication the car will be a beast (should I be safe in saying north of 800 hp)?

That's BOLLOCKS!! Ferrari are more concerned with the specific output of an engine and its interaction with the chassis and transmission than giddy, inaccessible horsepower nonsense. If you want horsepower, buy a Viper, you Philistine.

Gotcha! I can't believe you fell for the old 'we didn't even think about the horsepower rating until earlier this afternoon when, wouldn't you know, our prototype accidentally fell onto the dyno. Didn't we have a Dickens of a time getting it off those rollers! Imagine our surprise when we found it was around 5 bhp more powerful than our nearest market segment rival' bullshit Ferrari has been peddling since they introduced the Enzo. Of course they'll try to out-gun the FXX, as I've got it figured. I reckon the FXX's whole reason for being was probably to be the sacrificial track-only special destined to be out-gunned by a next-generation roadcar.

I'd say my chances of being right on this are around 300 percent. Or maybe 30, depending on the spread.

As a sidenote: It's hard to imagine who could have scribbled this press release and left out the mode of transportation the batton will employ. I'd reckon, being a pretty smart cat, it'll be carried by homing pidgeons.
    I'm erudite ;-)

ter be on the forefront of everything.Ferrari has the BIGGEST research institution in the auto industry.
    Ferrari will be WCC. Whoever wins the WDC will be from the Scuderia.........Yet who?

The biggest rally ever?
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

With that I bring news of Ferrari's next wave of cars, the Ferrari F60 is a go, and will if everything will continue on course be ready for a late 2007 release, not as many have thought as late as 2010, the car that will make it's debut at that time will be a successor to the Enzo( which as I have heard it, was much like the rebirth of the Ferrari limited edition supercars, such as the likes the 288 GTO). This car will not follow or feature an evolutionary body style from the Enzo and FXX, it will instead carry a new bolder and eye popping shape that will instantly grab your attention. As I have heard it, this car will be designed by Jason Castriota, the same man that is responsible for the 599GTB Fiorano, the Ferrari P4/5 Pininfarina's designs. So we all can imagine the beauty this car will show to the world. The new V-12 has been bench tested since the FXX project started, and will be lighter, and more compact for it's displacement of close to 7.0 liters. The engine as I have heard it has been revved to 10,000 RPM's, but I figure closer to 9,500 RPM's making a bench tested BHP output of 850 BHP in car I figure 800 BHP. There was even rumors in Italy that the next Ferrari supercar was to carry high revving V-8, but that has been proven false, that engine is destined for the F430 successor, and the engine will displace 5.4 liters and make a much talked about 550-600 BHP, and will feature alot of the racing technology that Ferrari has learned from it's racing programs including F1, the GT series, FXX, and the Ferrari F430 Stradale programs, to make these cars more aerodynamic at speed, as well as more emotional to look at. Ferrari is also rumored to be working on a new Dino, and could very well be true, but if this is, Ferrari will not sale this car under the Ferrari nameplate, it will be it's own nameplate, much like the original car was. Ferrari has just released an offical first talks of it's "insertable 4x4" system for it's sportcars. This speaks alot about the rumors of Ferrari considering this 4x4 system for the F60, and this is very possible, even though I have to doubt it. My news comes from me being at the Ferrari factory just recently and asking questions about this car. They mentioned that the car is at the very least designed at this stage, but they wouldn't give anymore then that. I talked with Dario Benuzzi( Ferrari's test driver), and he said the car was going to have to go through his extreme testing methods before we could see this car, and if he says that I have to trust it will be truly extreme to drive. I enjoyed my tour around the factory, and I heard plenty of talks about future cars, and it was great news, but out of respect to the company I will leave it at this for now.

that's funny because when i took my tour they had plans for the far future like the Ferrari F80, which is supposed to have wings and two, count them, not one, but two turbine engines. The thing is supposed to be Xtreme' (note the accent mark at the end?). yeah we'll see, i guess it is supposed to rival the USAF's secret UFO projects. But who knows at the moment, it is all up in the air. I know this is definate truth because i heard it from the machinist that builds the engines, grandson's, son's, mother's, uncle, families sheep's coat shaver.

Thread Information