Thread: Porsche 992 911 Carrera 2019-

Porsche 992 911 Carrera 2019-

The Porsche 992 is the internal designation for the eighth generation of the rear engine sports car produced by the German automobile manufacturer Porsche. It was officially introduced at the Porsche Experience Center, Los Angeles on November 27, 2018.It will launch in European markets in early 2019.

Specifications
    The models initially unveiled in the 992 lineage include the Carrera S and the Carrera 4S.

The 992 uses rack-and-pinion steering and has a MacPherson strut front suspension and a multi-link rear suspension. The 992 has wide rear-wheel arches which will be a part of every model in the 992 lineage (a change only found on all-wheel-drive variants of the 911 previously) along with 19-inch wheels.

Compared to its predecessor, the 992 is 45 mm (1.8 in) wider and now uses aluminium body panels. The 992 also has a new rear bumper with larger exhaust tips than its predecessor. The front of the car is designed to mimic the appearance of an early 911 in a modern fashion. 992 models have electrical pop-out door handles, a retractable rear spoiler (for specific models only) and LED headlights. All models also feature a full-length rear light bar. The interior also has received significant changes including a straighter dashboard which harks back to the shape of the dash board used on the classic 911. The instrument cluster consists of two 7-inch digital displays and an analogue tachometer.

The engines have piezo injection, a revised intake system, and—in some markets under Euro-6 regulations—have engine particulate filters.
    The available transmissions are an 8-speed dual-clutch transmission (PDK).

Equipment
    Standard equipment includes a 10.9-inch display with Porsche Communication Management (PCM) and navigation system, and driver assistance systems including collision detection with braking intervention. A Wet Mode feature is also introduced on the 992 which uses acoustic sensors on the wheel wells to detect wet pavement and adjusts the stability control, the rear wing position, and gearbox responsiveness to keep the car stable.

Optional equipment includes adaptive cruise control, night vision, automatic parking, and sports suspension which lowers the car by 10 mm (0.4 in). A Sport Chrono package is also available on all models and features an overboost function that provides increased performance for 20 seconds. 0–100 km/h (62 mph) acceleration times are decreased by 0.2 second.

----------------------------------------------------------

This thread is for all Porsche 992 911 Carrera models.
    -911 Carrera Coupé
    -911 Carrera Cabriolet
    -911 Carrera 4 Coupé
    -911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet
    -911 Carrera S Coupé
    -911 Carrera S Cabriolet
    -911 Carrera 4S Coupé
    -911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet

-911 Carrera GTS Coupé
    -911 Carrera GTS Cabriolet
    -911 Carrera 4 GTS Coupé
    -911 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet

And the different Carrera based special editions.

The 992 Turbo has it's own thread
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duell; 03-03-2020 at 02:49 PM.

992 911 Carrara S #2

992 911 Carrara S #3

I'm not sure if I'm warming up to a super chunky center console. The center console keeps getting more and more intrusive for me and I'n not sure if that's the right way to go. Older 911s seemed to be more airy for me and it wasn't that long ago where you could reach across the center and you know, use the glovebox?

Compare Post #2 picture #1. Look at how high up that center console is and how little Porsche does with that extra bulkiness. All that for a couple extra buttons and a cupholder? Really? With the elimination of the manual hand brake? I'm not normally claustrophobic and I get a claustrophobic vibe. The exterior doesn't change much for 911s so I'm not overly offended, but the interior is giving me negative vibes. Oh, and that gear selector nubbin looks like a worn down key fob from Volkswagen. Also not good vibes. For something you spend the most time in when you drive, I'm not impressed.

The only thing I'm not complaining about is that it looks like they integrated the sat-nav screen quite nicely, as opposed to a random tablet we glued to the top of your dashboard.

To be fair I'm also complaining about a car I won't be able to afford for at least the next 3-4 years, but still. I enjoy being on my soap box.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 12-23-2018 at 08:45 PM.

The center console is getting pretty chunky, I agree.
    And the cup holder is over the top !
    But this is a feature that is predominantly designed for the American market. (so i heard) But whatever, I don't think I'll have to worry about this, because I cant see my self buying a Porsche in the near or far away future.

Thread Information