Nissan Sunny #32
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Nissan Sunny #33
    Visca Catalunya!

Great stuff, Albert! Do you have ay information on the hydrogen Sunny?
    Ever since I saw this I have been trying to figure out exactly what this car was for (what is this Seed Rally?), why it existed, and how it worked.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Thank you.

Nissan press site says nothing on the car, but a quick Google search returned this:

Liquid Hydrogen Powered KB210 Nissan Sunny | Japanese Nostalgic Car
    Visca Catalunya!

Just a small question aside, Albert... where did you get all those beautiful racing pictures from? The look utterly brillant. Would be nice if you could tell me your source .
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Ever since I saw this I have been trying to figure out exactly what this car was for (what is this Seed Rally?), why it existed, and how it worked.
    JNC was the only place my search took me, too.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    Just a small question aside, Albert... where did you get all those beautiful racing pictures from? The look utterly brillant. Would be nice if you could tell me your source .
    Nissan's media site.

I still have some left to post, including 240Zs, 240RSs and Violets.
    Visca Catalunya!

Datsun Pulsar #34
    Visca Catalunya!

B10 1966-1969

The first Datsun Sunny, exported as the Datsun 1000, was launched in September 1966 with two body styles, a two-door sedan (B10) and a van/station wagon (VB10). The Sunny was an all-new product built on a dedicated platform called the "B" series that benefited from Nissan's production of small cars since before the war. These were available in both a "Standard" and "Deluxe" version, featuring drum brakes, conventional leaf springs at the rear and wishbone type independent front end. The front end used a single transverse leaf spring. In Japan the car was sold at a dealership sales channel established just for the Sunny, called Nissan Satio Store The Sunny was introduced in the same year that the Toyota Corolla was introduced, that was also exclusive to a particular Japanese dealership sales channel.

In December 1965, Nissan held a national campaign in Japan to name its newest product in a mail-in ballot, and after receiving over eight million submissions, the name Sunny was chosen after having been suggested 3,105 times and was announced on 19 February 1966 by Yoshisuke Ayukawa, Nissan Motors founder.

The car featured a four-cylinder in-line engine, the A10, with a total displacement of 988 cc and a four-speed gearbox. The 1968 model, introduced in October 1967, added to the lineup the four-door sedan (B10) in both DeLuxe and Standard form. October 1968 saw the new 1969 models released with a new coupé (the KB10) added. Marketed as the "Sunny Coupé" in Japan, it was available in a wide variety of levels from "Standard", to "GL" (Grand Luxe). The range of factory options and accessories was by this time vast. Total horsepower in the 1968 model was claimed to be 62 hp (46 kW) at 6,000 rpm. The engine displacement was kept below 1.0-litre to keep it in the lowest Japanese road tax bracket and encourage sales.

It introduced a new approach for Nissan in the 1960s where all mainstream products shared a similar appearance, as demonstrated in the larger Nissan President and Nissan Bluebird

The only other country that seems to have received the coupé is Australia, where it was marketed as the "Datsun 1000 Coupé". It was well equipped, and was available only in the Deluxe level of trim. The Australian Deluxe model came standard with many inclusions that were available only as options in the Japanese model. The engine in the coupé had higher compression, a different Hitachi carburettor, and a dual outlet exhaust manifold. These changes increased its power output to 66 hp (49 kW); a 4 hp, or 6.5% increase over the lesser models. Unlike the sedans and wagons, the coupé was only ever made in right drive.

July 1969 saw the release of the slightly different (cosmetically) 1970 model year, which left the 1969 model year run at only nine months. No additional models were added, and production ceased in December 1969, cutting the 1970 model year run at only six months.

The Datsun Sunny truck debuted in February 1967 and was the light commercial truck variation of the B10 passenger models. It was based on the VB10 van chassis, and is a body style which is sometimes referred to as a "coupé utility", as the bed is not separate from the passenger area.

Being a commercial model, these were only ever available in Standard trim. The equipment was basic, but this kept the price low. The Sunny Truck continued to be built after the introduction of the second generation passenger version, and was only replaced in early 1971 by the new B120-series truck.

The B20 used the same wheelbase and running gear as does the Datsun 1000 VB10 van. There was also a cab-over truck version called the Datsun Sunny Cab (ja) (C20), which was also marketed as the Nissan Cherry Cab with a slightly different frontal treatment.

Source: wikipedia.org
    Visca Catalunya!

B10 Sunny #2
    Visca Catalunya!

B10 Sunny #3
    Visca Catalunya!