Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lotus Elise Club Racer

Lotus Elise Club Racer

Lotus Elise Club Racer #1

Lotus Elise Club Racer – the perfect combination of performance, efficiency and style

Making its debut at the I.A.A. in Frankfurt 2009, the Special Edition Lotus Elise Club Racer introduces new and exclusive colour schemes, bespoke interior and lightweight components all in a world class, high performance and low emission sportscar.
    • 179 g/km CO2
    • 0-60 mph in 5.7 seconds
    • 0-100 km/h in 6.1 seconds
    • Combined cycle fuel consumption: 37.2 mpg or 7.6l/100km

Lotus has taken four of the classic colour schemes used by Lotus in the 1960s (Elite Yellow, Carbon Grey, Sky Blue and Old English White) and combined them with exclusive Club Racer interior design features to give a stunning sportscar that beautifully morphs function and form.
    The firm and supportive Elise seats are clad with lightweight microfibre comfort pads perfectly positioned to give the right amount of support with the minimal amount of weight, but still keeping the body coloured seat shell partly exposed.

The exterior body colour theme is carried over to the transmission tunnel and combined with silver and black paint highlights, bisecting the cockpit and tying together the whole sporty theme unique to the Club Racer.
    Other exclusive interior design features of the Club Racer are the anthracite anodised gear knob and handbrake sleeve, the Club Racer (CR) logo hand embroidered on the seat headrest and the unique anodized aluminium flooring in the driver’s and passenger’s footwell. The small 320 mm diameter leather rimmed steering wheel has an on-center marker, enabling the more spirited driver to quickly and safely identify the straight ahead position of the front wheels.

The lightweight six spoke alloy wheels, shod in bespoke Yokohama AD07 LTS tyres are also anthracite anodised, complementing the key interior components.

Luke Bennett, Director of Lotus Cars said, “Special Editions of the award winning Elise have always proved popular with our customers around the world, and I expect the Elise Club Racer to be no different. We have taken colour schemes from our past, used on the Elite and Elan in the 1960s and cleverly brought them up to date with a modern feel to the interior. The whole design package is modern with a classic twist, which of course matches the peerless ride and handling of a Lotus and the convertible experience of the Elise perfectly.”

The Lotus Elise Club Racer is based upon the 134 hp Elise S and goes on sale on 15th September 2009 priced as set out below.

Recommended retail prices for the following markets (MSRP) (including transport, local taxes and first service (but excluding registration, license plates and or a full tank of fuel):
    Belgium € 34.475
    France € 34.175
    Italy € 34.770
    Switzerland CHF 48.820

Recommended retail prices for the following markets (MSRP) (including local taxes (excluding transport, registration, license plates and or a full tank of fuel):
    Germany € 33.125,--

Retail prices for the UK (MSRP)
    Recommended retail price (including VAT) in the UK is £25,712, (an additional £950 is charged for on the road costs. These include delivery, PDI, first service, number plates, first registration fee, valet, 12 months Road Fund Licence and a full tank of fuel.)

Recommended retail prices for Euro Zone Countries (MSRP) (excluding local taxes, transport, registration, license plates and or a full tank of fuel):
    Euro Zone Countries € 27.822,--
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lotus Elise Club Racer #2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ecnelis View Post
    MSRP € 27.822
    Consumer Price in Greece: € 52000 for the standard Elise

Total Ripoff
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    So they take an elise, paint it a special color and a little different interior and call it a club racer version? I can't say I approve. A selling point for a club racer should not be low emissions.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    So they take an elise, paint it a special color and a little different interior and call it a club racer version? I can't say I approve. A selling point for a club racer should not be low emissions.
    Standard it makes a pretty good club racer, so there's not a ton you need to do to it. Also, a car that's cheaper to run is kind of a selling point, and anytime you can brag about being "green" these days people jump on the opportunity.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    It's actually the same price as the standard car, but it is a special edition.
    This means that its resale value will be bigger than the standard car.

So, there you have it. Monetary benefit for the consumer in times of worldwide crisis. Sure it's not a club racer like a Caterham, but it looks like one.
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

134hp? what engine are they running in it?
    37mpg is pretty good though.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    134hp? what engine are they running in it?
    37mpg is pretty good though.
    1.8 litre normally aspirated four from Toyota.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

isn't that one 191hp though? or do they use the base model for cheaper price?
    either way 37mpg and that kind of handling seem to be a good combination, 0-60 time doesn't really matter here.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

isn't that one 191hp though? or do they use the base model for cheaper price?
    either way 37mpg and that kind of handling seem to be a good combination, 0-60 time doesn't really matter here.
    It's the less powerful version. The 190bhp one was for hot Toyotas.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It's the less powerful version. The 190bhp one was for hot Toyotas.
    I didn't realize they put a less powerfull version in elises over there. Our base model is the 190 hp version and the only other alternatives are the supercharged versions.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    I didn't realize they put a less powerfull version in elises over there. Our base model is the 190 hp version and the only other alternatives are the supercharged versions.
    same. i thought the less powerful versions were called MR-2's, lol

same. i thought the less powerful versions were called MR-2's, lol
    it's the elise S

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight View Post
    It's actually the same price as the standard car, but it is a special edition.
    This means that its resale value will be bigger than the standard car.

So, there you have it. Monetary benefit for the consumer in times of worldwide crisis. Sure it's not a club racer like a Caterham, but it looks like one.
    How much more special is it? I mean yes, it does say special edition, but unless you're an insane Lotus Elise fan, you won't notice the difference.

Does Lotus plan to replace the Elise? It's getting a little long in the tooth.

It's been around a while, but they keep updating it mechanically so it's not really aging much. My guess would be another visual redesign over the same mechanicals if they do anything anytime soon.

Thread Information