Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaguar XJR 15

I have a genuine syncro box if you want one. I also have the tooling drawings etc.
    The XJR15 is a very well handling car; it has the same suspension and similar tub to the Le Mans cars. The handling issue is because they jacked it up for road use. Wonder how your cars would handle if they jacked them up 3 or 4 inches? If its lowered back down it handles very well again. We sorted one out to run in the Group C races a few years back, even got a 4th overall at Spa as i recall. I have a mold for the XJR15 LM front splitter. If you can find pics of Bryan Wingfields XJR15 you will see how it looks, yes we changed the rear wing too and lost the silencer box and replaced with the race straight throughs.

Quote Originally Posted by amsoil View Post
    I have a genuine syncro box if you want one. I also have the tooling drawings etc.
    The XJR15 is a very well handling car; it has the same suspension and similar tub to the Le Mans cars. The handling issue is because they jacked it up for road use. Wonder how your cars would handle if they jacked them up 3 or 4 inches? If its lowered back down it handles very well again. We sorted one out to run in the Group C races a few years back, even got a 4th overall at Spa as i recall. I have a mold for the XJR15 LM front splitter. If you can find pics of Bryan Wingfields XJR15 you will see how it looks, yes we changed the rear wing too and lost the silencer box and replaced with the race straight throughs.
    you have a PM

Spa: Was that the red car?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 60Valves View Post
    you have a PM
    are you after one?

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Spa: Was that the red car?
    No it was blue with colour flashes like most of them.

i was just thinking, is he implying that it's somehow worse than over steering on a straight

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    was this the car that Jaguar promised to put a V12 in it but put a V6 in it instead which caused so many Jag fans to flip out over? and welcome to UCP wouterBBS!
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

No, that was the XJ220 which ended up with a TTV6 that evolved from the engine in the Austin Metro 6R4 rallycar because they couldn't get a V12 that was sufficiently powerful for their needs. The XJR15 is an altogether different beastie.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    No, that was the XJ220 which ended up with a TTV6 that evolved from the engine in the Austin Metro 6R4 rallycar because they couldn't get a V12 that was sufficiently powerful for their needs. The XJR15 is an altogether different beastie.
    yeah, um, these to kinda confuse me a bit.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    yeah, um, these to kinda confuse me a bit.
    'Snot a problem, we'd not be very good ultimate car page-ians if we couldn't answer every little query that arose..

Just found this Forum

Hi Guys
    I am not sure how I got here other than GOOGLE XJR15
    So why am I here
    I recently was asked to create a Register for Jaguar Super Cars
    Which includes XJ220 & the XJR15
    To date I have only located 4 XJR15's in the UK, I understand quite a lot went to Japan.
    A friend of mine has one which spent 4 years in a container in a dockyard in Japan.
    I only yesterday came accross one in UK that had a similar expierience at London Docks.but am unable to make contact with the people that are restoring it in Cheshire.
    Any help in locating any of these vehicles would be appreciated.
    Re XJ 220 V12 there is one XJ220 currently having a V12 engine firred currently Red & Silver Prototype Chassis 005
    Regards
    Bleasie

Jaguar Supercar Register XJ220 XJR 15 XJ13
    Last edited by Bleasie; 03-15-2011 at 01:41 PM. Reason: new web site for Jaguar Supercars

R9R

Does anyone know if R9R is included in the 50 XJR15's built or is it an Xtra???

Jaguar Supercar Register XJ220 XJR 15 XJ13
    Last edited by Bleasie; 03-15-2011 at 01:40 PM.

R9R was the original project code name for the XJR15. It is also a trade mark I own; check if you like. So yes R9R was included and there were a couple of XJR15s which had the R9R badge on the bonnet rather than the TWR XJR15 ones. Reason is that this car was to be a TWR but Jaguar got somewhat pissed at TWR for creating this car when they were in bed together making the XJ220. To say it detracted from the 220 when owners thought the 220 was going to be a v12 and ended up as a v6 when this car was in the wings is an understatement. The deal was struck that it would be 'badged' as a Jaguar XJR15 and that only 50 would be made and TWR would not register them for the road.

R9R was the original project code name for the XJR15. It is also a trade mark I own; check if you like. So yes R9R was included and there were a couple of XJR15s which had the R9R badge on the bonnet rather than the TWR XJR15 ones. Reason is that this car was to be a TWR but Jaguar got somewhat pissed at TWR for creating this car when they were in bed together making the XJ220. To say it detracted from the 220 when owners thought the 220 was going to be a v12 and ended up as a v6 when this car was in the wings is an understatement. The deal was struck that it would be 'badged' as a Jaguar XJR15 and that only 50 would be made and TWR would not register them for the road.
    Thank you.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

xjr15

Thanks for that but it does not realy amswer my question.
    I have all chassis numbers listed but need to know which are badged or called R9R. By the way in talking to a high ranking Jaguar employee a couple of weeks ago at Silverstone re Chassis number 033 he indicated that Jaguar do recognise the XJR15 its just that they have no records of where they went, so yet another reason for my data base.
    not sure what you mean by "A trade mark I own"

Thread Information