Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aston Martin DB10 2015

Aston Martin DB10 2015

Aston Martin DB 10 #1

• Aston Martin DB10 created specifically for new Bond film
    • Partnership with EON Productions spans 50 years of cinema history
    • Demonstrates the breadth of Aston Martin’s bespoke capabilities

4 December 2014, Gaydon: Aston Martin together with EON Productions, the producers of the James Bond film franchise, unveiled Bond’s stunning new car, the Aston Martin DB10, on the 007 stage at Pinewood Studios.

The luxury British sports car brand is delighted to confirm that James Bond will once again drive an Aston Martin in Spectre. On this occasion, it will be a model developed specifically for the film and built in-house by the brand’s design and engineering teams.

Led by Aston Martin Chief Creative Officer, Marek Reichman, the design team worked closely with the film’s director, Sam Mendes, to create the ultimate car for the world’s most famous spy.

Celebrating the great British brand’s half century with Bond, which started with the iconic DB5, the DB10 gives a glimpse to the future design direction for the next generation of Aston Martins.

Dr Andy Palmer, CEO of Aston Martin, said: “In the same year that we celebrate our 50-year relationship with 007, it seems doubly fitting that today we unveiled this wonderful new sports car created especially for James Bond.

“To be partnering once again with EON Productions is great news for this company and for everyone around the world that loves to see Bond at the wheel of an Aston Martin.

“I’m incredibly proud of everyone in the team at Gaydon who have brought this special project from concept to reality.”

Production will be strictly limited to 10 of the bespoke sports cars, developed and built by the designers, engineers and highly skilled craftspeople at Aston Martin’s Gaydon headquarters.

Spectre is due for general release on 6 November 2015.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ecnelis; 12-04-2014 at 02:21 PM.

It's an arseless wonder. It's all front 2/3rds, and then it just drops off around the back end. If the label was Vantage, then I'd be goodo, but DBX tastes like grand tourer.. where's the boot?
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

It definitely looks like a coachwork AM vantage.
    but maybe it will give some clues four the upcoming db9 replacement

The overhangs make it look like a midengined car, which is slightly weird. I think an abruptly-truncated tail can be made to look good, but this is not a well-excecuted instance.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Look a new Aston!

Wait.

This does really look like a new Aston.

I'm confused now.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

This is the most conversation on the site in weeks and it is about some crappy photos of an Aston concept for a Bond movie, of all things.

It needs time to grow into a production model and we need more photos to accurately assess it, but to be honest I'm more concerned about what the chassis and drivetrain of the next-gen Astons will consist of, because every review I read is like, wow this car is so shiny and nice but doesn't have the chops for modern competition. That and can AM actually make money? This is a ridiculous boom period for luxury car manufacturers and they are still losing.

Maserati is figuratively selling polished turds and I bet they're making a mint.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    It needs time to grow into a production model and we need more photos to accurately assess it, but to be honest I'm more concerned about what the chassis and drivetrain of the next-gen Astons will consist of, because every review I read is like, wow this car is so shiny and nice but doesn't have the chops for modern competition. That and can AM actually make money? This is a ridiculous boom period for luxury car manufacturers and they are still losing.
    Mercedes-AMG GT? Mercedes-Benz SL? Mercedes-Benz SLK? GLA-Class? The new Smart? Who knows! Could be anything!

On the other hand soon Aston won't be able to sell any of their cars from the 18th century in the US, so they are not probably making much money...
    Maserati is figuratively selling polished turds and I bet they're making a mint.
    I actually like the new Ghibli. Even if it competes with the Volvo S80.
    Visca Catalunya!

I need to look at the rear... for um science!

But the greenhouse looks a little small compared to the rest of it.

It looks good I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Mercedes-AMG GT? Mercedes-Benz SL? Mercedes-Benz SLK? GLA-Class? The new Smart? Who knows! Could be anything!
    My thoughts are AM is working on their own platform that will roll out in a few years. Surely there will be closer collaboration with Daimler/AMG, and ensuing takeover talk.

On the other hand soon Aston won't be able to sell any of their cars from the 18th century in the US, so they are not probably making much money...
    Didn't they got a stay from the NHTSA/whatever federal regulator executioner?

I actually like the new Ghibli. Even if it competes with the Volvo S80.
    The Ghibli, and now, the QP, are pieces of crap. They don't have a good engine, they don't have dynamic prowess or a good ride, their interior quality is laughable, and they cost infinity billion dollars. The Alfieri is ugly. Screw Maserati. People have been tripping over themselves to praise Maser since the launch of the QP V, including myself sometimes, but the truth is they are laggards.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I need to look at the rear... for um science!

But the greenhouse looks a little small compared to the rest of it.

It looks good I guess.
    This sounds vaguely autoerotic... See what I did there?

That rear wheel arch is ridiculous.

This sounds vaguely autoerotic... See what I did there?

That rear wheel arch is ridiculous.
    Haha, it's partly why I brought it up in the jokes thread...

I need to look at the rear to get a good idea of the rest of the design. The rear overhang looks non-existent, and it might clash with the overall design of the car I think.

Like others have said, I think this would work on something like a Lotus Elise or a Alfa 4C. Less so on a front engined car.

Didn't they got a stay from the NHTSA/whatever federal regulator executioner?
    They have, but it is not a definitive solution, now is it?
    The Ghibli, and now, the QP, are pieces of crap. They don't have a good engine, they don't have dynamic prowess or a good ride, their interior quality is laughable, and they cost infinity billion dollars. The Alfieri is ugly. Screw Maserati. People have been tripping over themselves to praise Maser since the launch of the QP V, including myself sometimes, but the truth is they are laggards.[/QUOTE]
    Ferrari engine, superb styling, rear wheel drive and top of all it's a Maserati. What's not to like?

On my way to the office I usually cross ways with one of the new Ghiblis, and from the outside, I have to say it look utterly desirable.

If it drives at least half as good as it looks, I'm sold.
    Visca Catalunya!

Ferrari engine, superb styling, rear wheel drive and top of all it's a Maserati. What's not to like?

On my way to the office I usually cross ways with one of the new Ghiblis, and from the outside, I have to say it look utterly desirable.

If it drives at least half as good as it looks, I'm sold.
    They don't drive half as well as they look. That old 4.7L V8 NA engine was a big part of the Maser experience. Now they sound shit and have turbos. The engine was a differentiating factor from other high end competitors that could make one overlook the old QPs various failings (price, transmission, relatively poor interior, whatevs). Now that's gone, and I believe the crap tranny remains, and the interiors are even worse!

I have warmed to the looks of the new QP, and the Ghibli, but the QP is uglier now. If you look at the Ghibli sensibly, and pretend it had a Mercedes badge instead of a trident, it'd be crap.

Maserati, I want to like you, but you make it so hard.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Aston DB10 and so forth.

The gearbox is the lovely ZF 8 speed (unless I'm mistaken), so that's covered. Even the late last gen Quattroportes had a ZF 6 speed which was better than the stupid DuoSelect semi automatic. I will concede that Italians can't fathom automatics.

As for the engine, everybody is going turbo, so there's little we can do about that. True the Maserati V8 was glorious, but so were AMG's V8 or BMW's straight six and they are all gone now.

I agree, though, the Ghibli looks better than the Quattroporte. The Quattroporte looks a bit like stretched Ghibli in a bad way.

I want to have a go with one of the new Ghibli Ss. I'd buy one. It and an F-Type. My perfect two car garage.

Certainly better than a Mercedes with an Aston badge. Or something.
    Visca Catalunya!

It turns out that is indeed a coachbuilt V8 Vantage, with an engine from 1996 and a chassis from 2001.

Oh, and also, Aston Martin lost 25 million quid last year.

Aston Martin's next Bond car hints at future design
    Visca Catalunya!

The more I look at it, the more I despise it.
    Its just a v8 vantage with a new bumper. Calling it db10 sounds like a insult to the brand.

Thread Information