Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Forza Motorsport 4

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Best Buy canceled a lot of collector's editions for preorders and gave them all normal copies.

That's a real bad move on their part. I never pre-order games, but I'm not going to buy from them if they're doing stuff like this.
    I heard something about Best Buy not getting enough LEs to fulfill the orders, but not sure if it was for this. Seems it was the case anyway.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Yeah I have to admit that the beginning fuster cluck is really taking a lot away from the game for me.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

You should've ordered at WalMart. They canceled the Limited Edition orders but gave people the regular version free.

Walmart ships free Forza 4 copies after whiffing limited edition
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Ok, I'm a little more in to the game, but only a little. Haven't had much time to play. The races get a bit longer pretty quick which really helps with the fustercluck issue. When you have a few laps you don't feel like you absolutely have to get around everybody right_now. It becomes more about good racing than bumpercars, so that's not so bad.

I love that you can fine tune the difficulty a bit more. Instead of just a flat, "enemy cars race more perfectly" button. This game seems a bit harder, which is awesome. Some challenge to it. I'm still randomly flicking my car out towards the wall, but that's my fault. I _love_ that the computer cars have upgrades, that's awesome.

The UI is definitely an upgrade over the previous. It does feel a little more alive, but only a little. Still fairly "racing simulator" lifeliess feel. Could use a little more of that graphics superpower to show people running around having fun at the beginning of races, a little more race atmosphere.
    Last edited by digitalcraft; 10-15-2011 at 05:34 AM.
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

I'm enjoying it so far, liking the choice of reward cars when levelling up. Graphics aren't quite what I was expected. Looks very good in some places but AA is a bit poor
    Has anyone joined a car club yet??
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

There are some niggles with FM4...namely involving those features that were a bit better in FM3 (LOD on certain tracks, cockpit view on certain cars, modification options for a number of cars), but overall everything in the gaem seems improved. Most importantly, the driving model is vastly improved...and reason enough alone to warrant the purchase of FM4 over FM3. And the car roster remains unmatched in my opinion.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Any word on when the next car pack is supposed to drop?

They said they should be happening monthly, so I guess late next week or early the following.

Anyone else starting to get the impression that Turn 10 might be interested in doing offroad racing in the future? The inclusion of some classic rally cars and the new SVT Raptor offroad truck in the last few DLC packs sure seems suspiciously out of place. I am enjoying the newer cars/trucks, nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    Anyone else starting to get the impression that Turn 10 might be interested in doing offroad racing in the future? The inclusion of some classic rally cars and the new SVT Raptor offroad truck in the last few DLC packs sure seems suspiciously out of place. I am enjoying the newer cars/trucks, nonetheless.

Oh lawdie. I wish. Its the one thing I felt the GT series still had over the Forza series. I could stop driving my Evos around the outside of the track.
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

As long as they add some more classic rally cars, I'm all for it.

Supposedly Porsches are coming to Forza 4.

I got to hand it to them, they are able to pull things Gran Turismo can't.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Supposedly Porsches are coming to Forza 4.

I got to hand it to them, they are able to pull things Gran Turismo can't.
    Sort of - Polyphony Digital doesn't want to pay for licenses so that's pretty much a "no" from E.A.'s end.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

The final "complete" edition of Forza 4, when it does finally drop a year or so from now...will be quite a deal. Right now it is a bit pricey to own the game and all of its content. Regardless, I am quite happy Porsche is on its way back. I was still firing up FM3 from time to time just to play around with my Sport Classic and Carrera GT.

It starts again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
    "Life is short, drive fast!" - Lamborghini
    "How's that for a slice of fried gold?"
    "I'll take the case!" - Harvey Birdman

Thread Information