View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Enthusiast

Reality
Send a message via MSN to DesmoRob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum9987 View Post
Nothing with paddles can be as exciting as a car with a stick......
I give props to Lamborghini for sticking with their robotic manual system, but the AWD supercar still bugs the shit out of me.

And ferrari has gotten progressively less pure over the years. As I've seen on this forum previously, Enzo would be rolling in his grave with what ferrari has been doing. They've axed the manual, are bringing in AWD, and a KERS system. Its like asking for a beer yet you get mud with some rubbing alcohol thrown in.
While I agree that its crap what Ferrari is doing, I don't think Enzo would be rolling in his grave. As far as I'm concerned, he never intended for Ferrari to be a stay-with-what-works type brand. They strive to be at the forefront of new racing technology, always one step ahead of their competition. They want to build the fastest street cars. In order to do that in this day and age, you have to accept the reality that some old ideologies need to be broken or revamped. I hate it just as much as anyone else, but thats how it is. Who cares though, new cars look like crap half the time anyway. The old ones will remain that much more desirable .