Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jaguar XJR 15

The only XJR15 with a R9R chassis number is the 1st (or last if you look at it that way). EMC formally Aztec where commissioned to build 50 tubs. The 1st one was the reference chassis which was checked and certified by TWR engineers to ensure all was correct. It remained at Aztec until all the production series where checked off before going back to TWR. This was the reference chassis to which any production problems would be referred and check. It was later built up into a car mopping up much of the few spares which were held by TWR.
    Having sold the cars there was a liability to have parts available for them for at least 5 years (might be 10, I'm not sure) I contacted Jaguar to try and get some parts within this time frame and the matter was referred up to the highest level. I was explicitly told that the car was not and had never been a jaguar! It was made by TWR and was a TWR R9R to whom they had given permission to call it a Jaguar XJR15. There was therefore no parts availability form Jaguar, no liability to make parts available, It was not a Jaguar and would never be a Jaguar!!!
    TWR of course said it was a Jaguar and to contact Spares at Browns Lane.
    I acquired project R9R from the Receivers when TWR went into administration.
    The tooling for R390 came with it as it was the same mold.
    The R9R bonnet badges should have been removed from the 1st few cars prior to being released to customers. The key bit is should have.

Try again.

A bit of an elusive Answer Yes.
    Chassis numbers run from 001 to 050
    However there is one which has a Reg No H1 SVO which I understand was the prototype
    R9R however I also understand there may be as many as three R9R's out there.
    I also know that several containers of spares were purchased from TWR & a recent find of more is currently being purchased by some one I know who has an XJR15.
    As for Jaguar Cars no they never had spares as they did not build the cars as you rightly say.
    What does the R9R bonnet badge look like as I have over 100 photos of XJR15's & none have the bonnet badge to which you refer.
    Can you tell me exactly what is on label inside the door.

Again Re Jaguar Cars once I have completed this Data Base it will be held @ Jaguar Heritage Browns Lane Coventry
    Kind regards
    Bleasie
    xclusively jaguar
    International XJ-SC Register
    XKR Silverstone Register
    Jaguar Super Car Register(XJ220 & XJR15)
    Last edited by Bleasie; 08-28-2009 at 04:48 AM. Reason: web site is now .co.uk

Looking for XJR15's

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I don't think everybody is a member of the Aston Martin forum, so we cannot see the pictures.
    Hi Guys I have just looked & downloaded the photos no problem
    Just need to Know the Chassis Number.
    Research indicates there could be several R9R's still about & rumor has it some could be Nissans???? any coments Please
    I also learnt that there could have been 51 not 50????

Quote Originally Posted by amsoil View Post
    R9R was the original project code name for the XJR15. It is also a trade mark I own; check if you like. So yes R9R was included and there were a couple of XJR15s which had the R9R badge on the bonnet rather than the TWR XJR15 ones. Reason is that this car was to be a TWR but Jaguar got somewhat pissed at TWR for creating this car when they were in bed together making the XJ220. To say it detracted from the 220 when owners thought the 220 was going to be a v12 and ended up as a v6 when this car was in the wings is an understatement. The deal was struck that it would be 'badged' as a Jaguar XJR15 and that only 50 would be made and TWR would not register them for the road.
    Then you must be

Names and addresses

Proprietor:

Jaguarsport Ltd
    40 Broad Walk, Hounslow, Middlesex, TW5 9AQ

Incorporated country:

United Kingdom

Residence country:

United Kingdom

Customer's ref:

R9R

ADP number:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleasie View Post
    Hi Guys
    I only yesterday came accross one in UK that had a similar expierience at London Docks.but am unable to make contact with the people that are restoring it in Cheshire.
    Any help in locating any of these vehicles would be appreciated.

xclusively jaguar
    by the way the photos opened ok for me
    Suggest you call Legends. They had it for sale for several months.

Legends Automotive -preparation and sales of sports, competition and collectors classic motor cars.

The one Legends had was unregistered original & has moved on & is still for sale
    Not the car that is refered to on this site that has or is being rebuilt

The one Legends had was unregistered original & has moved on & is still for sale
    Not the car that is refered to on this site that has or is being rebuilt
    The Legends XJR 15 Chassis #47 was the one that sat in a container in London for a couple of years. It received over GBP 25k worth of work just to get into condition where it might be saleable.

The info I have listed against Chassis #47 is as below can you confirm if correct
    The Guy from Legends gave me the Chassis Number & said they sold it on to someone in Cheshire

Chassis No 047 XJR15 032 1991 Not Registered
    For sale in Cheshire
    was at Coys, Silverstone Auction £80000-£95000 Not sold
    Now up for £150,000

Just found it for sale in Cheshire @ Andrew Howarth. #47

1991 JAGUAR XJR 15 2 Door Coupe
    Ecurrie Ecosse Blue, 7 Miles, Cost $1,000,000 when new and according to a press release by Jaguar, it was built specifically with the 1991 Jaguar Sport Intercontinental Challenge in mind. Sixteen cars were raced in the 1991 Jaguar Sport Intercontinental Challenge in Monaco, Spa and Silverstone as a support race to Formula One Grand Prix. We are pleased to present chassis 047 for sale, driven in the series by Tiff Needell. 047 was recently sympathetically recomissioned and comes with £24,000 of invoices. This is an opportunity to acquire a limited production Jaguar Supercar Ready for sale following completion of much work to recommission following years in storage.

£ £150,000

Realistic price is around GBP 70k. It will likely cost at least another GBP 30k to get it back in good running condition.

Why what is wrong with it.
    I have no reports of it being other than perfect with circa 128 miles on the clock.
    do you who ever you are know more than the proffesionals
    Why are you hiding behind wt888

Why what is wrong with it.
    I have no reports of it being other than perfect with circa 128 miles on the clock.
    do you who ever you are know more than the proffesionals
    Well, a very good highly knowledgable friend went and saw the car as he was possible interested in buying it. Said it needed 4 new tyres (ones on it were cracked and dangerous), new fuel cells, and the engine and gearbox had not be touched as part of the work done in the last year. Hence state of the engine is a major unknown and if it needed to be rebuilt (likely), that would be GBP 25-30k. On top of it, this is a race version and it would be another 5-7k to make it road legal.

Thanks for that.
    Its interesting to know what is the real truth, I was told a week ago all was fine.
    At least the Chassis numbers ties up
    Thanks for you help.

In such cases the use of the private message system could be a safeguard for confidentiality.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

In such cases the use of the private message system could be a safeguard for confidentiality.
    For what reason nothing that anyone should not know has been said I thought it was an open FORUM???

Thread Information