Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 vs SSC Ultimate Aero

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    I'll take the Veyron anyday over the SSC!
    Bugatti VEyron is a waste of money...

Not only does fuel goes whoosh even at slow speeds... the car itself is expensive,...

and very heavy...

The SSC is cheaper and faster at top speed...

It cost just a little more than an SLR...

The SSC even has more power even if it has a smaller engine...
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

This is seriously the most rubbish argument. This is sooo obvious.

The bugatti has long and historical history. The SSC doesn't. The veyron is a more beautiful car. The ssc looks like a mutated kitten. The veyron is actually built using parts that actually work. The SSC is made up of burnt plastic, fake cheap leather, and loads of dirt and is built by a bunch of hippis that are chained to the production line.
    Also, the veyron is a superb handling car with just a hint of understeer. The ssc.............. I would rather drive a peugeot around a corner than in that thing. Additionally, the veyron is actually worth the money you pay for it. It is record-breaking exquisite beautiful confortable and wears a badge representing a marque that has really made the history books as a true legend in motorsport and cars.

The SSC has basically none of that.

The fact of the matter is that the SSC has a higher top speed-but that's it. It is RUBBISH at every thing else. Honestly, I would rather an 80 year old civic that has been split in half and has been drowned 8 times to the bottom of the pacific ocean. JUST THINK ABOUT IT. WOULD YOU REALLY WANT THAT AMERICAN PLASTIC HEAP OF RUBBISH??????

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari60 View Post
    The SSC has basically none of that.

The fact of the matter is that the SSC has a higher top speed-but that's it. It is RUBBISH at every thing else.
    It's an American car, according to Jeremy Clarkson when he was testing the CTS-V cadillc in top gear... "american cars are very fast in a straight line but useless on everything else".

Honestly, I would rather an 80 year old civic that has been split in half and has been drowned 8 times to the bottom of the pacific ocean. JUST THINK ABOUT IT. WOULD YOU REALLY WANT THAT AMERICAN PLASTIC HEAP OF RUBBISH??????
    Now that's just being too negtive about the SSC

If i'll give you that option to choose between a civic and an ssc and actually give the car to you...

I am sure you'll choose the AMERICAN PLASTIC HEAP OF RUBBISH over a car which has TURBOLAG EVEN IF THAT CAR HASN'T GOT ANY TURBO with a fancy VTEC in it....
    Last edited by Bleeding Heart; 12-16-2008 at 04:24 AM.
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post
    It's an American car, according to Jeremy Clarkson when he was testing the CTS-V cadillc in top gear... "american cars are very fast in a straight line but useless on everything else".
    The more recent episode featuring the three in the states showed them having a blast on those mountain roads. Well, the challenger not so much as piloted by Hammond but May and Clarkson had nothing but praise for the ZR-1 and CTS-V.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I would rather drive a peugeot around a corner than in that thing.
    As if a Peugeot drove badly.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I guess I would choose the Veyron aswell agreeing with the arguments posted. As for the argument of price I think the Veyron would be worth a lot more than the SCC after some years. I imagine the money you'd save for purchase would be gone when you try to sell the ugly kit-car
    Nulla tenaci invia est via

The SSC ain't that ugly actually, it's better looking than an Enzo or a Zonda actually...

But what the hell... They're supercars, they're not made to be pretty... They're designed to slice through air efficiently for them to go fast...

The SSC ain't that ugly actually, it's better looking than an Enzo or a Zonda actually...

But what the hell... They're supercars, they're not made to be pretty... They're designed to slice through air efficiently for them to go fast...
    You could argue that some are, but for the most part I'd agree. Form usually follows function but some freedom is there.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

And I guess Bugatti has this beautiful bubble-shape profile because it works very whell at 250mph... The air really flows on the body of the bugatti..

And I guess Bugatti has this beautiful bubble-shape profile because it works very whell at 250mph... The air really flows on the body of the bugatti..
    bugatti actually struggled with aerodynamics. they released the concept, and the claim that it would do 400 kph, without it ever venturing into a wind tunnel. it turned out that it got very unstable a high speeds, and they even sent one into the wall at Nardo. So it took a long tim eof r a compromise to be reached, and if you look at the varying iterations of the concepts, you can see changes to the aero package. its still not ideal, but it is a compromise between the designers and the engineers.

the SSC didnt have designer dictating anything, so the shape is all driven by the wind tunnel. and thats why it looks so very ugly.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    bugatti actually struggled with aerodynamics. they released the concept, and the claim that it would do 400 kph, without it ever venturing into a wind tunnel. it turned out that it got very unstable a high speeds, and they even sent one into the wall at Nardo. So it took a long tim eof r a compromise to be reached, and if you look at the varying iterations of the concepts, you can see changes to the aero package. its still not ideal, but it is a compromise between the designers and the engineers.

the SSC didnt have designer dictating anything, so the shape is all driven by the wind tunnel. and thats why it looks so very ugly.
    But when you're going that fast it's hard to see the ugliness. Besides, I appreciate the fact that to hit top speed you just go. Don't have to worry about stopping and turning keys and then being careful not to touch the brakes or turn the wheel too far. Plus, it weighs 1700 pounds less. That's another (small) car.
    Last edited by wwgkd; 12-16-2008 at 12:11 PM.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    But when you're going that fast it's hard to see the ugliness. Besides, I appreciate the fact that to hit top speed you just go. Don't have to worry about stopping and turning keys and then being careful not to touch the brakes or turn the wheel too far. Plus, it weighs 1700 pounds less. That's another (small) car.
    yeah... that fast and it should be able to outrun the ugly. both cars are tremendous achievements, and to be able to go over 200 is amazing let alone 250.

my opinion is that i will never go 200+ unless i am in a very controlled environment. 150 is doable on the road in a very isolated place, but over that is a bit insane. even 150 is a bit insane. i would rather have the ability to dawdle around town in comfort and not have everything sacrificed for speed. veyron for me. as fundamentally opposed to it as i am, it is still a very lovely car with superlative comfort at 250 mph.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    yeah... that fast and it should be able to outrun the ugly. both cars are tremendous achievements, and to be able to go over 200 is amazing let alone 250.

my opinion is that i will never go 200+ unless i am in a very controlled environment. 150 is doable on the road in a very isolated place, but over that is a bit insane. even 150 is a bit insane. i would rather have the ability to dawdle around town in comfort and not have everything sacrificed for speed. veyron for me. as fundamentally opposed to it as i am, it is still a very lovely car with superlative comfort at 250 mph.
    Aside from the litterally deafening noise, yeah comfortable. Seriously though I respect that; I'd never think about hitting that kind of speed on a public street and would instead reserve it for track days (if you can afford the car, the track day is relatively cheap after all.)

In keeping with that spirit the top speed doesn't mean anywhere near as much to me as cornering which, to be honest, isn't the strong suit of either of these vehicles. That's why I'd take the ACR over the regular viper, lower top speed and less comfortable, but if you're really going to exploit the car you have to do it on a track and there the ACR is seriously fast. I don't really get the luxury/speed combination since one tends to compromise the other. For that matter luxury isn't real important to me, but I'm still young and I guess a smoother ride could mean more to me once I'm really old and beatup. I want just enough comfort to be able to enjoy the experience, which basically means a nice seat, noise levels that won't make me go deaf instantly, and possibly an AC and radio. If the ride is too rough for me then the suspension is already so stiff that you're losing traction by skittering around, so ride's not really an issue for an enthusiast type car.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Luxury and speed don't have to be mutually exclusive.

This is what sets the 599s and DB9s apart from the Corvettes of the car world. The belief that both can be had, but that the owners have to pay for it. GM believes/ed that the owners where not willing to as so did not aim to develop the car in that vein.

The Veyron is just the ultimate example of this work. Reading the evo interview with Louis Biochhi he is extremely happy he managed to make the car handle so well. Despite it being massively heavy it is also apparently quite nimble.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    Luxury and speed don't have to be mutually exclusive.

This is what sets the 599s and DB9s apart from the Corvettes of the car world. The belief that both can be had, but that the owners have to pay for it. GM believes/ed that the owners where not willing to as so did not aim to develop the car in that vein.

The Veyron is just the ultimate example of this work. Reading the evo interview with Louis Biochhi he is extremely happy he managed to make the car handle so well. Despite it being massively heavy it is also apparently quite nimble.
    True, but the 599 isn't the most nimble car ferrari makes, either. Ferrari just found a very good compromise for the 599, and for that matter tha base F430. I'd take the scuderia any day, though. I actually love the spartanness and exposed welds.

I've heard conflicting reports on how well the Veyron handles. Some say it handles well for it's size, others say it feels reluctant and unfulfilling in the twisties. I don't doubt that it has massive traction, but I tend to think that it's transitional abilities probably aren't that great.
    Big cities suck

Thread Information