Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Two Propulsions of Electricity and Compressed-air for a Hybrid Car

"simple challenge" AS a designer and manager in an R&D facility for a major multinational developing highly complex electronic devices let me assure you it is not "simple" unless you make it easy and by sealing it you've lost that option
    It's the physics of the wind motion not the devices and how that motion affects the devices ability to operate NOT how they affect the materials.
    Unless you are envisaging ultra fast surface shape modification materials capable of altering physical shape in sub second times ? THe most advanced aerospace divisions are barely scratching the surface of being able to do that much slower on the most expensive research planes wheih are much larger than a blade
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

How does the new Citroen Cactus 2L concept fit in this debate?

and welcome back Peter...
    Last edited by henk4; 09-18-2014 at 07:34 AM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Is it using the Peugeot system ? IIRC its tank empties in less than a 1km of driving so pretty much it's being used as a transmission rather than a drive I think
    Mind you given past experiences with leaky suspensions do you want to trust Citroen with anything involving gas or pneumatics
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Is it using the Peugeot system ? IIRC its tank empties in less than a 1km of driving so pretty much it's being used as a transmission rather than a drive I think
    Mind you given past experiences with leaky suspensions do you want to trust Citroen with anything involving gas or pneumatics
    they only leaks I ever had were the radiator or the airco, so yes, I trust them.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Never park a DS in the evening at high/med and come back in the morning on lowest
    But, yes I was playing to the stereo-type

"simple challenge" AS a designer and manager in an R&D facility for a major multinational developing highly complex electronic devices let me assure you it is not "simple" unless you make it easy and by sealing it you've lost that option
    Well, let us avoid from unnecessary complexities. The primary reason is what I am talking about, has been done before, and I mentioned the example: Rinspeed sQuba.

If it could maintain its electronics while being driven under the water, so my concept car can do a similar task while saving the inner vacuum, inside its solenoid tubes.

We just need to do more elegant tests on one sample of Rinspeed sQuba to check what are the exact differences between leaking water inside its components, and leaking air molecules outside them, by measuring the air pressure, etc. Therefore, the degree of the current sealing would be identified, so we should focus on improving it then.

Also, it is desired to harvest more electricity from produced heat during this process, if the involved elements could offset their weight, in the energy economy discussion, as it was pointed out before.

Matthew (DBR9), I see your messages in my inbox, but there is a technical error in here that my replies to you cannot be sent. I ask admin to fix this problem please. I suffer from this situation for months.
    P.S: My next post on wind affair is going to be sent soon.

Unless you are envisaging ultra fast surface shape modification materials capable of altering physical shape in sub second times ? THe most advanced aerospace divisions are barely scratching the surface of being able to do that much slower on the most expensive research planes wheih are much larger than a blade
    I didn’t mean this approach at all.

We can inspire from constructions’ solutions to deal with this issue in tall buildings. Also I said:

Even some parts of this system can be embedded under the ground, for safety, maintenance, and efficiency considerations.

For instance, the intake section can be mounted on top of an oriented cement platform (say a 3D trapezoid). It is made of steel walls that are movable down into the body of platform, when wind gusts are too strong & harmful.

It can be considered to make some cement wind tunnels to pass the captured wind and funneling them through a tapering passageway that naturally accelerates wind flow in a several-meters path in depth of e.g., one meter under the ground.

When the powering operation is off and the electronics are sealed from other parts of this configuration, by running water through these ex-wind tunnels, we can cool the road & chill the passengers, suitable for hot areas; similar to the mechanism of the natural ventilation in buildings by windcatcher, a traditional Persian architectural element:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windcatcher"]Windcatcher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

There are nice pages on the web, such as these:

Wind Ventilation | Sustainability Workshop
    http://www.intechopen.com/source/htm...ia/image5.jpeg
    http://www.ineffableisland.com/2013/...novations.html

after a googling:

highly resistant materials and structures against wind flows - Google Search

It's the physics of the wind motion not the devices and how that motion affects the devices ability to operate NOT how they affect the materials.
    I think the above points can be useful for the opinion you stated. I don’t insist only better materials could create a miracle.

One trick to make a kind of shield against the electromagnetic fields of inductive coils in smart roads, is inspiring from modified cars.

Two examples are:

1. An enclosed underbody in 2014 BMW M4 by Lightweight:

2014 LightWeight BMW LW M4
    2014 BMW M4 By Lightweight | car review @ Top Speed

2. Ultra-strong special steel to protect vulnerable joins in BMW X5 Security Plus:

BMW Security Vehicles: Overview

In which the cockpit is surrounded by a steel armor-sheath:

BMW reveals new armored X5 Security Plus in Russia

Also, BMW promises “neither bullets nor splinters can penetrate the passenger compartment” due to the steel plating and additional sealing around the window frames and pillars:

Bulletproof BMW X5 Security Plus Is Ready to Protect Muscovite Tycoons – News – Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

Of course, this sample is not the only one:

http://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=hXX5LiNwyIM

Let me bring up three examples, showing the usefulness of modifying the body. I mean that would bring further benefits, if one applies the solenoid electricity approach, on the electric vehicles.

At first, there is this “Mini Cooper Countryman ALL4 Racing Dakar Rally Car” having two properties which drew my attention: 1. Water-cooled brakes (so it’s clean, I guess). 2. Using fluids inside shock absorbers & fluid reservoirs, considerably.

Related Links:

X-raid
    Beneath the Carbon Fiber
    First drive: Mini All4 Dakar X-Raid - BBC Top Gear
    2015 MINI ALL4 Racing | car review @ Top Speed
    Mini Cooper Countryman ALL4 Racing Dakar Rally Car First Drive Car and Driver

Secondly, take a look at “2015 Toyota Camry Dragster XSE with 850-Horsepower” that its tube-frame chassis, pretty excited me about method of solenoid electricity in my proposed car.

Related Links:

2015 Toyota Camry XSE with 850HP - Gate House
    Toyota Surprises SEMA with 850-Horsepower Camry Dragster | Toyota
    Toyota brings a 2015 Toyota Camry XSE to 2014 SEMA [Video] | TFLCar.com: Automotive News, Views and ReviewsThe Fast Lane Car: Auto News, Views, and Reviews

… and thirdly, there is this “Polaris Defense DAGOR” with a XP-style chassis design, plus a special body to make the whole vehicle ‘Light Weight’. Therefore, this emphasis shows the solenoid tubes do have such an importance to reduce the car’s weight.
    Also, it has modular design & a great suspension system.

Related Links:

2015 Polaris Defense Dagor : Features
    Polaris ATV, Snowmobiles, RANGER, Victory
    http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...-unveiled.aspx
    Presenting The Polaris Defense DAGOR - Soldier Systems Daily

Now, an additional benefit of the mentioned chassis & bodies for the electric vehicles, could be putting flow cell batteries in fit points of these spaces. More flexibly than 900hp Quant e-Sportlimousine:

QUANT e-Sportlimousine by nanoFlowcell AG
    900hp Quant EV powered by flow cell battery
    This sports car runs on saltwater - ”but it Quartz
    Sleek QUANT E-Sports Sedan is Powered by Salt Water - My Modern Met

Recently, I saw above video that made me think about applying it in my plan.

I think adding such a cage which prevents the car from flipping over, could be a good idea.

Not only front flips, but it can be generalized to lateral sides, something like a spherical / oval frame to bring more safety (leading to a safe rolling) & other kind of crashes; plus producing more electricity, as it was suggested via using solenoids & magnets.

The main flaws for this mechanism, are reducing the beauty of the car, and taking up space around it; so those flaws might be fixed by telescopic tubes, embeddable into the body.

save budget

Well . i thing one of the benefits of using a hydraulic hybrid system, according to EPA claims, are a 60%-70% increase in fuel economy (based on lab tests), a 40% reduction in CO2 emissions, and a lower "hybrid penalty" costwise, which can be recovered in as little as three years due to fuel savings (1,000 gallons of diesel/year) and reduction in brake maintenance costs. So it will be more eficcient than before. Right?

http://homeselegant.com/

Wrong.

Please provide a link to the EPA claim.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancesJohnson View Post
    Well . i thing one of the benefits of using a hydraulic hybrid system, according to EPA claims, are a 60%-70% increase in fuel economy (based on lab tests), a 40% reduction in CO2 emissions, and a lower "hybrid penalty" costwise, which can be recovered in as little as three years due to fuel savings (1,000 gallons of diesel/year) and reduction in brake maintenance costs. So it will be more eficcient than before. Right?
    These numbers seem too much optimistic.

The hydraulic hybrid system is surely great for some special cars: big cars that stop a lot for civil purposes such as post, delivering packages and cleaning streets; school bus, …

However, the core of this idea is just bright, inspiring, and effective. I believe an integration of hydraulic hybrid system and KERS could / should give momentum for any clean car at many moments in some points.

Please note these words again:

an integration

could / should give

momentum for

ANY clean car

at many moments (starting, accelerating, going uphill, …)

in some points. (catching another car, offroad places, …)

Recently while reading the news, I ran into some breakthroughs in making chassis, composed of different materials.

These cases may be inspiring to promote the idea of ‘active chassis’ which is going to give important contribution to generate electricity, definitely via piezoelectric effect.
    The first chassis sample, is for Audi R8 V10 plus:

The fundamental construction of the R8 is based on the Audi Multimaterial Space Frame chassis with increased use of carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer, and uses an aluminum monocoque which is built using space frame principles.

(1, 2, 3)

The second chassis sample, is for Koenigsegg Regera:

The battery is located in the most protected area of the car – the carbon-aramid chassis tunnel.

(1, 2, 3, 4)

The third chassis sample, is for 2016 Ferrari 488 Spider:

Designed around the concept of the retractable hard top, the 488 Spider has a spaceframe chassis made of 11 different aluminium alloys combined with other noble metals, such as magnesium, each one used in a highly specific way.

(1, 2, 3, 4)
    Last edited by mansouryar; 09-16-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Thread Information