Page 83 of 88 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1311

Thread: What Game Are You Playing?

I've been playing L.A. Noire. A good game so far, slow, but I like it.

If you're expecting Grand Theft Auto excitement though, forget it.

Just finished COD MW3 and now on Crysis 2. Been a while since I immersed myself in games. Quite enjoying it.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    A shoot em' up is a game like Space Invaders where all you do is...shoot.

A FPS is like Call of Duty - you run as though you, (insert character name) are actually a living, breathing character. Yes, you'll shoot but you can run and go do other things like open doors.

Super Mario is a platformer - you...jump over things and across platforms. (or at least according to Wikipedia)

Speaking of CoD, MW3 has a really short story mode. Seriously. I beat it on regular in less than six hours and I've already breezed through most of Act 1 on Veteran on my second go.
    Interesting...never knew anybody had drawn the distinctions. Learn something new every day! Thanks
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

New update for GT5 and Download pack, i'm looking forward to the dlc, Aventador, Vantage V12 and XJR9. Also a Test track with great scenary. I just wished the game could do propper drag tire phisics.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    New update for GT5 and Download pack, i'm looking forward to the dlc, Aventador, Vantage V12 and XJR9. Also a Test track with great scenary. I just wished the game could do propper drag tire phisics.
    Ugh, I hate DLC packs.

I finished up L.A. Noire. Not a bad game, but it's slow going.

I haven't finished up the street crime cases yet, but it was cool being immersed into the 1940s.

Story was good, but the controls were very clumsy.

Replay value is very low- the stories are scripted, so once you know the answers, there's little reason to replay the cases. But it's a good game.

Did anyone play Heavy Rain? I get the idea that that might play very similarly to Noire.

Been obsessed with Dark Souls for the better part of the last month. Fantastic dungeon crawler RPG. Also a great game for all those long time Castlevania fans...this game could EASILY have been the next big CV title.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Talking

Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo - Nintendo 3DS)
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Mass Effect 3....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Mass Effect 3....
    Is it any good?
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

starts slow but if you liked the others then yeah it's awesome.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I've been addicted to GTA IV for the last two months since my roommate gave it to me for x-mas. Aside from some occasionally frustrating physical glitches (why does my car suddenly rollover when I clip a curb when I've done that same move 20x prior? Why does Niko suddenly run into the burning car and catch fire after climbing out?) it's been pretty fun. Definitely looking forward to GTA V.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by john14 View Post
    Is it any good?
    If you played the first 2 its a no brainer for playing the third one. The game is so much more enjoyable if you have some background in it....

The gameplay is great, the attention to detail is great, there are a lot of in-jokes for the people who have played these games(and Sci-Fi references in general). Ending might be better(at least the one I had and chose). But it was a satisfying experience...

It would be an ambitious undertaking to replay from ME1 to ME3....but I am not sure I can play through ME1 again(I did it the first time for ME2).
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I've just finished Mass Effect 2 and now I'm allowing myself to finally start Mass Effect 3
    Last edited by henk4; 03-22-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Mass Effect 3 All Weekend Long

NFS I love car races.

Thread Information