Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 Grand Sport - Sang Bleu

Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 Grand Sport - Sang Bleu

Again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again...

A new Bugatti piece of art for Pebble Beach

The « Sang Bleu » to honour the 100th anniversary of the marque
    Carmel, California, 14th August 2009.

Continuing this year’s 100th anniversary celebrations Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. has chosen the prestigious Pebble Beach weekend to present a further highlight to pay tribute to this legendary brand : The company proudly unveils the Bugatti « Sang Bleu » - an exclusive, one-off Grand Sport, honouring the marques precious heritage. Innovation and Harmony

The « Sang Bleu » has ventured into new areas. Instead of applying two paint colours or paint and material to highlight the two tone design the « Sang Bleu » exclusively concentrates on materials - carbon fibre and aluminum - an innovative combination never realised before. This unique approach opens a new dimension of « Art – Forme – Technique », the company’s core values. The colour combination commissioned for the Pebble Beach car is blue carbon fibre with polished aluminum. The visual carbon fibre is tinted in royal blue to emphasize the refined volumes and surfaces of the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport. The rear airscoops are tinted in the same nightblue – offering a dramatic view from above – and thus fluidly integrate into the overall design philosophy of this unique model.

The rims are inspired by the Grand Sport Roadster and are highlighted in a Midnight Blue and Diamond Cut two tone finish. The interior, specially and tastefully selcted for the Pebble Beach event, is trimmed in a newly developed Gaucho leather which blends with the intriguing and pure exterior materials creating an elegant and harmonious overall appearance.

Featured Marque

In the year of its100th anniversary Bugatti has been selected to be one of the featured marques at the 2009 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. Ettore Bugatti started his business in the Alsacian town of Molsheim in 1909. The name of the company: „Ettore Bugatti Automobiles i. Els.“. In 1956 the company ceased its activities. Exactly 50 years later, in March 2006, the first Bugatti Veyron built by Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. was delivered – after the Volkswagen Group had aquired the rights of the Bugatti marque in 1998 and started the re-launch of this famous brand. To date over 250 of the planned Bugatti Veyrons are sold, 215 of them have been delivered to customers worldwide. In June 2009 Bugatti started production of the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport, the open roadster. The sales results are encouraging over 20 Grand Sports have been sold, with first deliveries already started.

The Bugatti « Sang Bleu » is the latest in a line of centenary Bugatti models which have won worldwide acclaim in 2009. This unique car stands – like the others - for the commitment of the Bugatti of today to carry the values and the philosophy of Ettore Bugatti, the founder of this unique marque, into a successful future.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (118.7 KB, 28 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (110.7 KB, 26 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (118.1 KB, 52 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (176.5 KB, 21 views)

Blah blah blah
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (117.2 KB, 34 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (103.7 KB, 49 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (116.4 KB, 37 views)

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    i love the colour scheme!
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

I love it too. It´s almost tasteful.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

the rims def. pull the whole thing together

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    the rims def. pull the whole thing together
    I wonder if they take trade-ins? My VW's almost paid off...
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

I can't believe they made yet another special edition veyron.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

As a Mopar fan you are blind to the art that the Blue Oval has turned making special-edition Mustangs into.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    As a Mopar fan you are blind to the art that the Blue Oval has turned making special-edition Mustangs into.
    Yeah, but that's a mustang. And I'm thinking VW, I mean Bugatti may be passing up ford for official special editions recently.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

I love all these special edition Bugattis. Too many, but most of them are truly beautiful.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

Beautiful yea, but not nice enough to be worth paying the full price tag. As for the performance, lets face it, nobody's actually going to use a Bugatti to its potential. You're better off spending under 100K for a beautifully kept older Ferrari, which will score you endless stares from passers by, and still offer more car than most people could ever handle. All that something like a Bugatti is to me is a statement saying "I have so much money I could feed africa, but instead I'm buying this to make certain everyone gets the point of how wealthy I am."

It can be summarized in one word:

STUPID

Does "sang" mean blood in French? I'm going off Spanish in which blood is "sangre".
    I don't think it's the bluebloods who will be buying this car. It's going to be the new-monied "LOOK AT MY MOTHERPHUCKING CAR! I'M BETTER THAN YOU BECAUSE I'M SO RICH!" crowd.
    If so, fail Bugatti, even if I do like the look.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Beautiful yea, but not nice enough to be worth paying the full price tag. As for the performance, lets face it, nobody's actually going to use a Bugatti to its potential. You're better off spending under 100K for a beautifully kept older Ferrari, which will score you endless stares from passers by, and still offer more car than most people could ever handle. All that something like a Bugatti is to me is a statement saying "I have so much money I could feed africa, but instead I'm buying this to make certain everyone gets the point of how wealthy I am."

It can be summarized in one word:

STUPID
    This.

Man, the fun I would have with a used F355 with a 6-speed...
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by switters78 View Post
    I wonder if they take trade-ins? My VW's almost paid off...
    lol yeah i guess they could, it's got 1/4 of the veyrons engine in it i assume. I wonder if they could use recycled engines to make the W16?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    lol yeah i guess they could, it's got 1/4 of the veyrons engine in it i assume. I wonder if they could use recycled engines to make the W16?
    whoops "could" should be the only word italicized, i have OCD like that so i had to tell u all haha

Thread Information