Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Abarth Punto (199) 2007-

Now in SS guise #7
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Abarth Punto Evo #8

I actually like this car very much. It may appear in my list for contenders for a new ride.

The dealernetwork is limited (it is only sold as a separate make), but I guess the local FIAT-dealer could at least do the maintenance.

Exclusivity granted - I have not seen a single one in the wild still (except the one at an auto show).
    Attached Images Attached Images

No haggling either. Abarth dealer in Barcelona told me the price was set, wheter I wanted it or not was up to me. And this applies to all Abarths.

I don't think limited dealer network is a problem though, I'm sure this can be serviced in any regular Fiat dealer. Or if not you can always take it to an Alfa Romeo dealer.

I've seen some of the previous model (which in my opinion looks better), but no Evos either. 500 seems to be much more popular, and easy to spot in the streets.
    Visca Catalunya!

Only a few can be found secondhand on the Net, but as these cars are as good as new I don't see their prices drop yet. Not that I could afford it at this very moment...

Actually the FIAT-dealer here could tell me they can do the maintenance, but not the 'fine-tuning'. The man also told me that he would not recommend buying an Abarth, as 'eventually they will all break down'. OK, so I remembered him that the Abarth is actually a tuned FIAT... "So what are you selling here?" He replied just being an 'honest businessman'

The SS-Kit is nice but at €3.750 (including installment) very expen$ive. Tuners here can give you the same boost in power for €500, excluding the tweaked brakes and suspension that is. And who in the world would want the alloys from the SS-Kit when you can have the original alloys?

Overall, like said I like this 'hot hatch'. It is a nice variation and got loads of character, especially when compared to a Polo GTI for instance (the latter has more hp I know). The alloys and interior are gorgeous and it is one of the few cars where the red striping actually adds to the the appearance of the car. In my opinion that is - some people might find it tacky and hate it.
    Last edited by Man of Steel; 03-13-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Well, there's alway the Alfa Romeo Mito QV.
    Visca Catalunya!

Tempting!

I've yet to see an Abarth EVO on the street as well. Weird, as there are quite a few mk1 around here. Tbh, the 500 Abarth is a bigger hit, and it's probably taking away a few customers from the Punto. Personal opinion, the Punto looks better and it's better value for money.

The right strategy is buying an Abarth Punto Evo, enjoying the car for 20.000 km, have a full service and install the "esseesse" kit at the same time. You save a few bucks and you get a "new" car, or at least a new feeling. It's still an expensive kit, but such equipped cars also demands an higher price on the second hand market, so given the possibility, that's what I'd do.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Abarth Punto Evo #9

Abarth Punto Evo #10

Abarth Punto Evo #11

Abarth Punto "SuperSport"

"Heritage" is the element that distinguishes the special Abarth Punto "SuperSport" series, typified by a Grigio Campovolo two-tone livery enriched with a special matte black paintwork for the bonnet and roof, which interprets in its design an element in the past used on the racing cars to prevent the light reflections.

The exterior of the car is further enhanced by "supersport" graphics on the side panel and on the tailgate and by matt black mirror covers. The same colour also distinguishes the 18" alloy rims with dedicated Abarth esseesse design with red calipers and hub cap.

Powered by a 1.4 Multiair engine that develops 180 HP (132 kW) at 5,750 rpm and with 270 Nm of maximum torque at 2,500 rpm, the Abarth Punto "SuperSport" reaches a top speed of more than 216 km/h and accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in just 7.5 seconds.

Further contributions to performance come from the modified suspension and safety (some of the features of the "Esseesse Abarth Koni" kit), as well as the adoption of floating, perforated and self-ventilated front disc brakes with oversized four-piston red brake calipers, perforated rear disc brakes, high performance front brake pads, front and rear Koni shock absorbers with FSD (Frequency Selective Dumping) valve and specially lowered springs. The exhaust pipe oversized in the centre segment is also taken from the "Esseesse" kit.

Inside, this special Abarth Punto supersport features "Abarth Corsa by Sabelt" black leather seats, with red and yellow stitchings and gloss black backrest (homologated and lightened in keeping with the car's racing spirit) and an Abarth Blue&MeTM MAP satellite navigation unit with a telemetric function developed in conjunction with Magneti Marelli. Enriching the interiors are the laser-treated aluminium kick plate with special "supersport" graphics, the stainless steel pedals with Abarth brand, and the leather steering wheel with double red and yellow stitching, just like the seats and the sporty Jaeger driving instruments.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information