Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Porsche 911 GT3

It already been said that the engine is 3.8l, which i would like to point out is engraved in the side of the rear wing!
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    - George Bernard Shaw

Does anyone else think that Porsche's steering wheels are wicked ugly?

It fits the interior's simplicity. It's ok by me.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I don't understand why everyone is saying the interior is smple.

It has sat-nav, climate control and all sots of buttons and gizmos. It even has a stopwatch (or whatever it is) on top of the dash.

That's not simple to me.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Simple shapes.
    It could have all the buttons in the world but if the shapes a deceptively simple enough the interior will look plain and utilitarian like this one's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

It has sat-nav, climate control and all sots of buttons and gizmos. It even has a stopwatch (or whatever it is) on top of the dash.

That's not simple to me.
    The only cars that Ferrer will be ever be satisfied about will be the Italian cars from the 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    The only cars that Ferrer will be ever be satisfied about will be the Italian cars from the 70's.
    And, somehow, his 1-series.

Ferrer, did you split the cost of it with your Mom out of curiosity, and how much was it?

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Simple shapes.
    It could have all the buttons in the world but if the shapes a deceptively simple enough the interior will look plain and utilitarian like this one's.
    This is along the lines of what I was thinking in terms of simplicity. It has simple and sleek interior lines.

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post

Because for $140K I don't want to drive something that looks ridiculous. What do you want to bet reviewers say they like the old GT3 more?
    I still insist talking about the GT3´s styling, which isn´t even bad at all, is barking at the wrong tree.

A GT3 does not suit posers.The only thing that matters is what it feels like to be behind the wheel of one of these. To you.

How would any 911 look ridiculous!? This is the most recognizable car that has ever existed and probably ever will.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post

A GT3 does not suit posers.The only thing that matters is what it feels like to be behind the wheel of one of these. To you.
    The new GT3 looks like it was made for "posers". The previous one looked subtle and purposeful, only a slightly pronounced front and a graceful wing giving away it's true purpose. This one's overly aggressive style makes me think it's towards marketed at people who are determined to convince other people they drive a racecar for the road.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    For me a simple interior is the one from the Lotus Elise. Or at the other end of the scale the one from Fiat Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    And, somehow, his 1-series.

Ferrer, did you split the cost of it with your Mom out of curiosity, and how much was it?
    Yep I did. After haggling it cost about 25.000€ (originally 27.000€).
    Visca Catalunya!

The new GT3 looks like it was made for "posers". The previous one looked subtle and purposeful, only a slightly pronounced front and a graceful wing giving away it's true purpose. This one's overly aggressive style makes me think it's towards marketed at people who are determined to convince other people they drive a racecar for the road.
    Subtle?
    I think not.

Any car with a bodykit and wing like the GT3's will stand out like a sore thumb.
    No GT3 has ever been subtle, but this is definitely less subtle than the rest. However, I'm with teatako, when driving around on a track it doesn't matter how it looks. If I wanted a fast 911 for cruising I'd get a Turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

That's not simple to me.
    agreed. it's nowhere near as focused/hardcore as some people here seem to think
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Does anyone else think that Porsche's steering wheels are wicked ugly?
    yup, i liked the old momo's
    i agree, i think the in your face sort of styling suits the RS, but not so much the GT3. i understand they're trying to make it faster etc etc, but the 996 GT3 for example has little to separate it from the carrera - all the work is under the skin
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I spose when I was thinking about the interior I had the interior of for example the new Jag XF or something and compared to that its fairly sparse! As someone mentioned they've designed it in a way that doesn't make it look overly cluttered.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    I spose when I was thinking about the interior I had the interior of for example the new Jag XF or something and compared to that its fairly sparse! As someone mentioned they've designed it in a way that doesn't make it look overly cluttered.
    Ah yes. But then again the XF interior is one of the best this side of a Roller.

And of course it is an executive saloon, while this is a radical track car.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information