Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    The "Car" feeling is only really limited to what you can feel in the wheel in a car. You don't feel yaw or pedal feedback or any movement even with a wheel. But a good wheel is good enough to convey grip and loss of it. Which is really all you can get with a commercial level setup.....Anything more you'll need a hexapod...Kinect or Wii type of racing game is fine IMO for something like Mario Kart, but its silly for racing game IMO. I suppose its not that different though compare to just a game pad..
    I agree, Kinect with Forza seems like a bad idea- no force feedback.

But I guess if it floats your boat use it.

I'd much rather use my old ass force feedback Logitech wheel than to use something like Kinect.

Using Kinect as a driving control won't work with a game like Forza. You need more than just the wheel action to drive a car accurately. Buttons (or pedal controllers) of some sort are a necessity.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Who cares? if you don't like a feature don't use it. Simple.

Kinnect will be a laugh to use, and I think it could be a lot of fun. If useless when there is any form of lag online.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Would anyone mind lending me a pre 1979 racecar? I'm trying to win this damn Classic racecars event, and I can't friggin get it in this damn stage 3 Cobra! All the american cars handle like a bitch. >
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum9987 View Post
    Would anyone mind lending me a pre 1979 racecar? I'm trying to win this damn Classic racecars event, and I can't friggin get it in this damn stage 3 Cobra! All the american cars handle like a bitch. >
    Does it have to be with an american car? are those the races with the Ferraris, Jaguars, Chaparrals, etc? i did those with the Lamborghini LP400, it wasn't easy but it's doable.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

You have like ~500k-ish lying around? Get a 69 Camaro, race-modfication and full power mod and you should have a car that weighs ~1000kg with ~550bhp and front and rear downforce adjustment...with soft slick it should be JUST fast enough to win the 2 races...The key is to get up front quick before the 2J or the Toyota 7 gets there and hold them off...

Got gold now for all the special event except 2....the full lap of Nordschleife at Intermediate(~2.5 sec off) and Grand Tour with the Alfa(~1 sec off). I think the Ring is doable but it'll need a perfect lap from me(who really is not that good), and traffic is an issue. And I am just stumped with the Alfa....

Still missing 5 gold from the license test also.

Aside from those I've finished all the A-spec races up to Extreme bar the Formula GT, and did Grand Valley 300. Start working on B-spec races now...

All at the same time keep doing whats best about GT, the driving...

University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

You have like ~500k-ish lying around? Get a 69 Camaro, race-modfication and full power mod and you should have a car that weighs ~1000kg with ~550bhp and front and rear downforce adjustment...with soft slick it should be JUST fast enough to win the 2 races...The key is to get up front quick before the 2J or the Toyota 7 gets there and hold them off...

Got gold now for all the special event except 2....the full lap of Nordschleife at Intermediate(~2.5 sec off) and Grand Tour with the Alfa(~1 sec off). I think the Ring is doable but it'll need a perfect lap from me(who really is not that good), and traffic is an issue. And I am just stumped with the Alfa....

Still missing 5 gold from the license test also.

Aside from those I've finished all the A-spec races up to Extreme bar the Formula GT, and did Grand Valley 300. Start working on B-spec races now...

All at the same time keep doing whats best about GT, the driving...

www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I've got 140K and I'm at level 10. Should I buy the BRG Evora I've been lusting for, the C63, or save + level up for the SpecV I didn't know I want until I saw it?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Grabbed some pictures of the Cobra. It can't win races but it can sure burn rubber.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    I've got 140K and I'm at level 10. Should I buy the BRG Evora I've been lusting for, the C63, or save + level up for the SpecV I didn't know I want until I saw it?
    Keep your money, you'll need to buy a Gallardo and a Ferrari for future races. Don't sell the Countach you won or will win, it will come in handy.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Just finish the S Level test in gold and you'll have a Spec V.....albeit with GT Academy logo...

also do the special events since they pay more...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Apparently, Polyphony is going back and exchanging the non premium cars with premium cars.

The game is partially saved!

Well frankly though some of the cars shouldn't have been standard in the first place. We always joke about how many GTR/MX5/blah blah are in the 1000 cars...well there are at least one premium model for each of the generation, yet a bunch are left as standard, even though they are not really that different between different model year(or trim level) of the same generation car....

Look at Ford GT LM Spec II Race car, there is a carbon livery one in the dealership(premium), and a white one with stripe that you win(standard). They are as far as I know the same car....or look at SLR 05(standard) and SLR 07 19" wheel model(Premium)....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Grabbed some pictures of the Cobra. It can't win races but it can sure burn rubber.....
    Smoke off the front tires is never a good idea... you'd be faster with a better line.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

need a good car to beat Like the Wind series on expert. Any suggestions?
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Thread Information