Page 220 of 536 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 8037

Thread: Show off your latest purchases here!

Anti-Flag - Bright Lights of America
    Millencolin - Machine 15
    The Wombats - A Guide To Love, Loss & Desperation
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    No, it's not an SLR. It really is just a glorified "point and shoot". It's designed to have a similar look and feel to an SLR. It's also designed to have some of the functions that you would get on an SLR but that you wouldn't find on 99% of other point and shoots. Eg. having full manual controls over shutter/aperture/focus etc, nice wide angle as well as zoom, ability to shoot in RAW format, decent 'burst' mode etc.

I don't have much experience with cameras. However, a month or two ago my mother decided to get herself a digital camera. With her not having a clue what to look for I looked into it for her ,and helped her pick out a little Nikon point and shoot camera. I got kinda hooked with playing with that little thing and caught the photography bug, so to speak. I don't think I would have been brave enough to go straight for a proper DSLR, even if I could afford to. It all looks a little bit too serious for my liking! Definitely need the basic point and shoot functionality that mine gives me!

Thanks man!

I got some editing software type stuff bundled with the camera, but haven't gotten round to playing with any of that yet. Save that for a rainy weekend I think! I'll stick to learning the basic camera stuff first I think.
    Gotcha. I need to learn a lot about my camera and photoshop as well.

The worst part about these cameras is that they're not exactly the most portable things in the world. I hate the fact that I need to lug it around on my neck. But I do love the quality of the photos I get from it. I have had my little Nikon point and shoot for about 6 years now and frankly, I've gotten frustrated by the limitations that it puts on me with speed, quality, etc. I'm happy with my big Nikon now, although I'll always use my little Nikon if I need to conceal a camera.

Nice to see that you're enjoying your purchase as much as mine though.

i bought a notebook, a month ago, so it's not my latest purchase but now i can tell you this:

DO NOT BUY HP 6720S NOTEBOOK

it is very cheap, yes, but it is so slow...and the speakers are very poor.
    i knew it wasn't a rocket, but the seller own me some money and they return in the form of this, because i didn't want to spend money on a new pc (i had some problems with them last years, i kinda hate pc now!) , i simply don't need an expensive one right now

i could also add this: do not buy vista os (at least the basic version)

then my dad bought an iMac...what an humiliation for my notebook, that white thing is spectacular!
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Sorry to hear. Should have asked us ... Celeron and 1Gb RAM just isnt' enough to run Vista

re comaprison with iMac ....about 1/2 the price ... no comparison really
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Sorry to hear. Should have asked us ... Celeron and 1Gb RAM just isnt' enough to run Vista

re comaprison with iMac ....about 1/2 the price ... no comparison really
    the mac could cost twice, but it's more than twice worth the money.

i knew my notebook kinda sucks, but i didn't think it sucks so much!
    i tried with ubuntu, but it doesn't support my wireless board so i came back to vista. i'm planning to move back to xp though...
    btw, thanks for your moral support!

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    My new place, including my chair. Kudo's to anyone who knows where its from. Its pretty unorganized right now but I just moved in yesterday. The bed is my parents gift to me for graduation, a civil war era double bed. I plan on refurbishing all the supports for it. Lastly a case of Smithwicks. Good stuff.
    Did you rip off BA for that chair?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    i bought a notebook, a month ago, so it's not my latest purchase but now i can tell you this:

DO NOT BUY HP 6720S NOTEBOOK

it is very cheap, yes, but it is so slow...and the speakers are very poor.
    i knew it wasn't a rocket, but the seller own me some money and they return in the form of this, because i didn't want to spend money on a new pc (i had some problems with them last years, i kinda hate pc now!) , i simply don't need an expensive one right now

i could also add this: do not buy vista os (at least the basic version)

then my dad bought an iMac...what an humiliation for my notebook, that white thing is spectacular!
    My family bought a Toshiba laptop with 2GB of ram and Windows Vista and in my opinion it's twice as good as any Apple Mac I've used. Mac's are too expensive and too hard to use.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I bought some KFC.

And seriously, using lesser drugs to make up for your previous drug dependency is not the best solution.
    Nice! I got some KFC as well yesterday.

And the pains from a damaged ancle, hernia and migraine are not caused by previous drug abuse I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Nice! I got some KFC as well yesterday.

And the pains from a damaged ancle, hernia and migraine are not caused by previous drug abuse I suppose.
    It is not your fault, we know. Maybe you should change your signature to 'It is not my fault'.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by john14 View Post
    My family bought a Toshiba laptop with 2GB of ram and Windows Vista and in my opinion it's twice as good as any Apple Mac I've used. Mac's are too expensive and too hard to use.
    no way, i find it easier. maybe the difference was more evident with older mac with g series processor. acually, if you consider the different hardware, because the two os require different standard, they are not so much different thinking about the performance you get. and they are (mac) nearly fault-free. imo, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by john14 View Post
    im there with you cant get the UI it is weird and the mouse gets very annoying, my flatmate has a mac desktop and my old alienware keeps up with him!!i still run xp no problems

but i do like the remote built in to the macs

I'm in the process of upgrading my laptop at the moment for School purposes. Being an Architecture student I look at computers with good graphics processing skills and ease of use with these programs.

Equivalent Macbook Pro's, in comparison to a Vista computer which run the same programs (and has better compatibility with my school, no less) were nearly $1000 more expensive.

The bonus? the screen was a little nicer, the battery life is better, and the design is nicer.

The downside? no chance of upgrading RAM or anything like that. and it's a Mac, while many design people use Macs, I have trouble wrapping my head around them. I just didn't think it was worth an extra $1000.

And Drakkie. Hernia's etc are best treated with massage or possibly even acupuncture. popping pills to cure your ills will only lead to another addiction cycle.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Equivalent Macbook Pro's, in comparison to a Vista computer which run the same programs (and has better compatibility with my school, no less) were nearly $1000 more expensive.
    consider this: first, you can actually upgrade the ram, for sure. second, vista requires 600 mb of ram just to scratch its b@lls. i found for preceding experience a good notebook/desktop pc costs about/at least 2000 euros, so not so far form a mac pro, while less expensive ones will have more reliability problems. you should consider not onlythe numbers like 2 gb of ram or har disk capability, but also it's quality. btw, toshiba and asus are very good products. i used an asus (new 2200 euros) for 4 years without any problems...until someone broke the screen...that's why i came up with the HP

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    consider this: first, you can actually upgrade the ram, for sure. second, vista requires 600 mb of ram just to scratch its b@lls. i found for preceding experience a good notebook/desktop pc costs about/at least 2000 euros, so not so far form a mac pro, while less expensive ones will have more reliability problems. you should consider not onlythe numbers like 2 gb of ram or har disk capability, but also it's quality. btw, toshiba and asus are very good products. i used an asus (new 2200 euros) for 4 years without any problems...until someone broke the screen...that's why i came up with the HP
    You can get 2GB of DDR2-800 RAM for $35 these days... granted it's for desktop computers and SODIMM's cost a bit more, but you get the point... and I built an über powerful (I mean *über powerful*) computer for €1,600... it's just that things are more expensive in Europe.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Sony Vaio's are good too, my Dad does lots of technical drawings and graphics stuff on his computer, he swaps between his Sony Vaio FS-series (Bloody fantastic screen) and this Sytemax thing whish has had tons of upgrades, soo to get a 22inch Samsung LCD monitor, then it's coming my way when the new DELL Optiplex thingy comes
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information