Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo Concept 2012

Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo Concept 2012

Porsche is presenting the Panamera Sport Turismo concept car to show how amazingly intelligent and efficient drive technology might look in the design language of tomorrow. The Sport Turismo unites the next generation hybrid drive with new ideas for an evolutionary, sporty body concept; it combines Porsche performance with comprehensive everyday practicality.

Body: sports appeal and functionality in further developed design

The body concept of the Panamera Sport Turismo is an outlook on a possible Porsche sports car of tomorrow: The overhangs are short, and the boot lid is large – both sporty and functional. The concept car combines the dimensions of a premium vehicle with the interior comfort of the luxury class. The Sport Turismo is 1,990 mm wide, a low 1,401 mm in height and 4,950 mm long. Its direction indicators and sidelights are integrated in C-shaped lighting units – known as C-Blades – mounted in the large air inlets at the front end. Together with four-point LED headlights in an innovative design, they define the front end appearance of the concept car.

The smooth and taut exterior skin is not interrupted by add-on parts – there are no conventional exterior mirrors. In their place, the Sport Turismo has two cameras mounted in the side air outlets whose images are shown on the displays in the cockpit. The rear body has been completely reshaped, yet it retains all of the characteristics of a Porsche. The rear lights in LED technology and the tail-light panel with the “Porsche” badge are sculpted in three dimensions, and the brake light is positioned between the four-point LED rear lights. Forming the roof termination is an adaptive carbon rear spoiler that produces improved downforce.

The new Liquid Metal Blue colour gives the concept car a surface that resembles liquid metal and highlights its contours and design lines more distinctly. The wheels in dual-spoke design have a bi-colour look, and the brake callipers are painted Acid Green. The hub locks of the wheels recall the origins of every Porsche – which is motorsport. “e-hybrid” badges on the sides refer to the car’s drive concept, while the name “Sport Turismo” at the rear, Concept car Panamera Sport Turismo 1 framed in the same Acid Green colour, emphasises the car’s concept character. The milled aluminium battery housing is mounted under the boot floor, which is made of electrochromatic glass and reveals a view of the energy source illuminated in Acid Green at the press of a button.

“e-hybrid” stands for plug-in hybrid technology from Porsche

The drive technology of the Panamera Sport Turismo completes the next development step towards the plug-in hybrid, symbolised by the “e-hybrid” badge on the front wings. The car’s new ability to be charged from the electrical power grid has been combined with even higher performance components. The concept vehicle with its 416 hp (306 kW) of peak system power is designed to be driven in pure electric mode up to a speed of 130 km/h and can cover distances of over 30 km. The Sport Turismo also exhibits impressive fuel economy per the NEDC standard; its combined fuel consumption is less than 3.5 litres per 100 km, while CO2 emissions are under 82 g/km.

The drive system of the Panamera Sport Turismo is an advanced development of the parallel full hybrid that Porsche already implements today in the Panamera S Hybrid and Cayenne S Hybrid. The new electric motor produces about 70 kW (95 hp), which is around twice as much as in today’s Porsche hybrid drive, while the three-litre V6 supercharged engine still produces 245 kW (333 hp) here. In their interplay, they accelerate the concept car from zero to 100 km/h in less than six seconds.

The rear 3/4 view is nicer, but I'm not sure if those tail lights work on it.

Much better though than a Panamera.

Should this be called a shooting brake?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Should this be called a shooting brake?
    That's exactly what I also asked my self. But isn't a shootingbrake a two door sports car with a boot. So that this is just a stationwagon

Definitely better than the Panamera, though I reckon it'd be even better if the tail was stretched out a bit further, more station wagon like.

And rather than shooting brake or station wagon, wouldn't this just be a hatchback?

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    Definitely better than the Panamera, though I reckon it'd be even better if the tail was stretched out a bit further, more station wagon like.

And rather than shooting brake or station wagon, wouldn't this just be a hatchback?
    it is a life style station wagon, nothing utilitarian about it...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

1.99m wide means it doesn't fit in most European roads...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    1.99m wide means it doesn't fit in most European roads...
    and parking lots and parking garages...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I always liked Panamera, and I like this one even more (minus hybrid system).

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    and parking lots and parking garages...
    So you can't go anywhere, and once you haven't arrived there, you can't park it either.

Great car!

Or something.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    So you can't go anywhere, and once you haven't arrived there, you can't park it either.

Great car!

Or something.
    let's rename it: Porsche Paranoia...

It still beats the pants off the Ferrari FF

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    It still beats the pants off the Ferrari FF
    Nope.avi.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

So much better than the original one...
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post

That's exactly what it is. But if they did that they'd have to drop a few hundred thousand off the price :P
    All about the t-tops

Thread Information