Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Charger SRT8

Dodge Charger SRT8

Dodge-Charger_SRT8_2012_800x600_wallpaper_0a.jpg Dodge-Charger_SRT8_2012_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg Dodge-Charger_SRT8_2012_800x600_wallpaper_05.jpg Dodge-Charger_SRT8_2012_800x600_wallpaper_09.jpg

The new product onslaught continues for the Dodge brand with the announcement at the 2011 Chicago Auto Show that the Dodge Charger SRT8 will return for the 2012 model year.
    "We're continuing the fast-paced rebuilding of Dodge as our performance brand, and the expansion of our SRT product lineup in 2012 is an important part of our rejuvenation," said Ralph Gilles, President and CEO, Dodge Brand — Chrysler Group LLCs. "The new 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 builds on the iconic four-door fastback coupe design of the all-new Charger and adds a much larger power band across the rpm range, along with intelligent performance attributes and safety and creature comforts for customers who are passionate about performance driving."
    The 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 will be built at the Brampton Assembly plant in Brampton, Ontario, Canada and will be in dealer showrooms in late 2011.
    "AWE-INSPIRING" POWERTRAIN
    Under the hood, the new 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 delivers more horsepower and torque than the 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 it replaces. It also will offer improved fuel economy.
    Estimated power ratings for the 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 are 465 horsepower and 465 lb.-ft. of torque, including an estimated additional 80 lb.-ft. of torque at 2,900 rpm. Specific horsepower, torque and fuel economy numbers will be announced closer to the vehicle introduction.
    Building upon the standard Fuel Saver technology (four-cylinder mode) found in the new 6.4 HEMI V-8, a new for 2012 adaptive valve exhaust system allows the technology to engage over a wider rpm range, which delivers improved fuel efficiency or the use of all eight cylinders when the power is needed.
    2012 DODGE CHARGER SRT8
    • Engine: 6.4-liter (392 cubic inch) HEMI V-8
    • Power: 465 bhp (est.)
    • Torque: 465 lb.-ft. (est.)
    • Handling: .88g on skidpad (est.)
    • Top Speed: 175 mph (est.)
    • 0-60 mph: High 4-second range (est.)
    • ¼ mile: High 12-second range (est.)
    http://www.netcarshow.com/dodge/2012-charger_srt8/
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

GTR wannabe.

GTR wannabe? Hardly. This is the update to a model that has more or less been out since '04. It's not at all in the same category as the GTR.

brochure,
    Why do you start threads like this? What is the point? We don't need you to find on like manufactures marketing for us. Perhaps you should try something, only reply to other topics rather than start a bunch of useless ones yourself.

The front and side character line is definitely GTR mockery.

I'm getting a little GTR vibe from the 3/4 thumbnail pic too . Something about the side of the back end.

With the color and the blacked out grille, I see more Evo X than GTR....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    The front and side character line is definitely GTR mockery.
    It's not like those features are unique to the GTR. The nose could be as much Audi or Mitsubishi. That side dent has been done on a number of cars as well. I guess I can see it now that you mention it but GTR wanabee, no way.

Me likes this. It may have some GTR and EVO-influenced design characteristics, but really, who cares as long as it isn't a copy?
    Speaking for myself, I like the designs that came out of America recently (ignoring several Chevys).
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    It's not like those features are unique to the GTR. The nose could be as much Audi or Mitsubishi. That side dent has been done on a number of cars as well. I guess I can see it now that you mention it but GTR wanabee, no way.
    because it's not just the nose grille, its the fake side scoop looking things and more importantly the square back line. Those imply it so strongly that with that front, its just plain unmistakable.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Don't worry fellow Euros, soo you'll be able to buy the Alfa Romeo Charger.

This will actually be called the GTA.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    With the color and the blacked out grille, I see more Evo X than GTR....
    That's exactly what I was thinking! Still an improvement over the current looks IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Don't worry fellow Euros, soo you'll be able to buy the Alfa Romeo Charger.

This will actually be called the GTA.
    Surely it should be a Lancia Thema 8.16?
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I have been discussing this with my friend, and I know this is not the thread... Marchionne's plans look insane. Earlier I said give it time, but I think it is laughable that he plans on selling Chryslers in Europe. No one wants Chryslers in North America!

Fiat I suppose could attempt to creep into NA, but competition is so tight - Ford and GM are stronger, there's the slightly faltering Japanese, and rising Koreans. What can Fiat offer to carve out a slice of the market? The 500 is quite attractive and I would be interested in comparing it to a Mini (I am not too keen on the Mini - maybe the S due to endorsements from cmc and Ferrer), but the 500 gets not very good MPG.

I don't think Machionne's plan is to sell Chrysler outside of the US. I think his plan is to simply absorb Chrysler and use it to help prop up volume for larger cars and RWD cars. In the US we will get cheaper versions of the chassis because the US market is price sensitive and Chrysler frankly no longer has any luxury status in the US (it certainly was a Luxury make in the past). Peter De Lorenzo has his own take on the subject. He's not real positive on it.

BTW, so far I'm not sure Fiat has really done much of anything for Chrysler. In the medium term Fiat will help because Chrysler gets an infusion of platforms. In the short term it was federal dollars that are simply letting Chrysler spend money on interiors in a way that Daimler wouldn't allow and the next owners couldn't afford. In the long term I see Chrysler slowly dying off as Fiat tries to change over to Fiat branded vs Chrysler branded products.
    Rants - Autoextremist.com ~ the bare-knuckled, unvarnished, high octane truth...

I'm not sure that there's a reason to replace Chrysler branding with FIAT branding, not in the US anyway. I see it more as an Opel/Vauxhall thing - same cars with different badges depending on which market they're sold in. Sure, when there's a product like the 500 that has no place in the current Chrysler family of brands they'll use FIAT for them, but to go all the way with that seems senseless.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thread Information