3-series Gran Turismo #4

3-series Gran Turismo #5

3-series Gran Turismo #6

3-series Gran Turismo #7

Is this 3-series GT a F32 ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    Is this 3-series GT a F32 ?
    Apparently it's the F34. F32 is the 4er Coupé and F33 the 4er Convertible.

I have to say, maybe it's the angle of the pictures or something but I quite like it. The problem is that it costs some 3 or 4 thousand € more than the standard saloon...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Not that attractive but it is just about exactly what I'm looking for in a car's configuration. I don't see it coming to the US sadly. I currently have a SAAB hatchback. I really like the sedan-hatch setup. In the US most of the hatches we get are more like the short wagon layout (Golf, Focus, Mazda3) or the really small cars (Fiesta, Fit, Yaris, Sonic). What I would like is a larger sized car (Mondeo, Mazda6 etc) with reasonable efficiency and a fastback like hatch. A modern SAAB 9000 would be about perfect as would the Mondeo hatch or similar. I can't think of a one for sale in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Apparently it's the F34. F32 is the 4er Coupé and F33 the 4er Convertible.

I have to say, maybe it's the angle of the pictures or something but I quite like it. The problem is that it costs some 3 or 4 thousand € more than the standard saloon...
    Strange since they market the 4 series as a new segment in the market, but retain the original F3.. internal name.

It may cost 3 or 4 thousand more but it's longer and higher than the original 3 station. And more ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    Not that attractive but it is just about exactly what I'm looking for in a car's configuration. I don't see it coming to the US sadly. I currently have a SAAB hatchback. I really like the sedan-hatch setup. In the US most of the hatches we get are more like the short wagon layout (Golf, Focus, Mazda3) or the really small cars (Fiesta, Fit, Yaris, Sonic). What I would like is a larger sized car (Mondeo, Mazda6 etc) with reasonable efficiency and a fastback like hatch. A modern SAAB 9000 would be about perfect as would the Mondeo hatch or similar. I can't think of a one for sale in the US.
    Hmmm, i thought this GT would go state side, but I have no proof.

The front end is quite excellent, far better than the 3 series sedan in my eyes.
    As for the rear end, the rising belt line makes the rear wheels seem tiny and the the tail lamps are oversized.

They are a dying breed in Europe too, not so long ago most msjor manufacturers offered saloon, liftback and estate versions of their D-segment cars, but now they are only offering saloon/liftback and estate bodystyles.

The only ones that I can think that still retain the liftback (premium aside) are Ford, Opel (curiously both with US influence) and Renault. All the others have switched to saloons.
    Strange since they market the 4 series as a new segment in the market, but retain the original F3.. internal name.
    Well no matter how they call it... it's still the 3er Coupé and drop top...
    Hmmm, i thought this GT would go state side, but I have no proof.
    I think so too. Much like the US getting the 5er GT but not the Touring estate model.
    Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    The front end is quite excellent, far better than the 3 series sedan in my eyes.
    The front is exactly as it is on the saloon.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The front is exactly as it is on the saloon.
    There are some subtle differences, the headlamps on the sedan are wider and lower set, this has a taller grill.

Compare the first picture from post #3 with this.

I read somewhere that from the A-pillar to the front they were the same car, but now that you mention it there appear to be some differences indeed.

By the way, the spec sheet says that it has the same fuel tank (read: small) as the normal 3er. A shame for a car that is supposed to be a long distance grand tourer...
    Visca Catalunya!

I agree- I like the idea but hate the execution.

It looks way too tall. The last hatchback sedan I actually liked was the first generation Mazda 6.

I also liked the first generation Integra sedan which was available was a hatch too.

Thread Information