Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bmw 700

thanks for the kind remarks...very, very nice to have my cars appreciated hope you enjoy...I also have two BME motorcycles...a US version R69s 1968 with seib side car and an R27 1964

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    If I would own that car I would give her real number plates (or at least some replicas)... those are looking terrible...

The second car (if there really are only 2) is owned by BMW up to today and was driven at the "Arosa Classic" Hill Climb in Schwitzerland last month (pictures in german magazine "Motor Klassik 11/2005").
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

guess you might not know that there were decal plates in the 60's with the plaquette being applied by holes in the body. If you look closely at the picture from 1961 that car has decals. this detail was proven by research and verification from Han Stuck Jr who used to wash the car while at races and drive it back down the hill for his father...he was 10 years old at the time. Also I can guarantee that only two were ever built. verified by BMW Mobile Tradition historian and archivist. post the pics from Klassiker or the magazine you have and if it is silver with a half windshield and roll bar it is BMW's number two car. I have pictures of it in the museum also if you need verification.

I have to bring my scanner back to life, but yes, it is a silver car.

Don't understand me wrong, I won't say your informations are wrong, I only learned, that 19 BMW 700 RS were made and now have to learn, that there are only 2, what makes seeing one even better
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

BMW 700 Coupé taken by me...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WRC - That's motorsport!

Walter Röhrl

i will be glad to post some pics of BMW's car also...then you can tell if it is the same car...would love to see the motor klassiker i won't get it for about 6 weeks if it comes at all...get you scanner working and i'll ell you about the other ca...sorry my reply was strong i didn't mean to be defensive...thanks for your input...

BMW usually puts the number six on their car at events...it is in a white square background...very similar to a picture taken in 1963 with Alex Von Falkenhausen driving.

Here it is (not scanned, but my DigiCam is working ) I can translate the text if you want.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WRC - That's motorsport!

Walter Röhrl

Ja,Ja...das ist Herr Rousch in der BMW Mobile Tradition RS...I have many pictures of me and this car at mobile traditions museum. will try to dig them out. i also have pictures of this car before restoration. it was severely damaged by Herr Willi Martini in the 1970's when he added a fiberglass hoop and a 1970's armaturee and instruments. he tried to reintroduce this car as one he had remade in the 70's but actually only modified the number two car. before BMW purchased it it was in the Hockemhein museum for race cars.

sorry the museum is Hockenheim....

i cannot read the text print it is distorted says something about small, light and fast...but can't read it. would love to hear the translation...

Quote Originally Posted by BMW 700 RS
    sorry the museum is Hockenheim....
    No problem I would like to see some pictures of the interior and the engine of your car (maybe also the sign with the VIN). Never saw interior pics (seats, shifter and that stuff)
    WRC - That's motorsport!

Walter Röhrl

sure will get them together soon...

Translation (might not be right in every part, 'cause english is my foreign language ):

Small, light, agile, fast
    Against the hidden chamber (or what is "Aservatenkammer" in english??) of the BMW Mobile Tradition also Ali Babas treasure-cave is comparatively poor, and for the first hillclimb-race in Arosa the Munichs brought something rather special out into daylight: the BMW 700 RS, within between 1961 and 1964 drivers like Hans Stuck Sr., Herbert Linge and Alexander von Falkenhausen raced at Rossfeld, Gaisberg and Schauinsland.
    The blower-cooled two cylinder flat engine in the back based on the motorblock of the BMW 700, but it is build with a vertical shaft (in german "Königswelle"), which moves the camshafts per chains. It is breathing by two 36-Dell'Orto-carburators and has nearly 70 HP at 8000 rpm - all in a light spaceframe with aluminium-bodywork, independent wheel suspensions and a weight of only 630 kg.
    So this little Spider is very agile with much Torque at low rpms at the way uphill. The precision of the steering is remarkable, the driving at all is very neutral, only the brakes could be better.
    In finish in Arosa there is only one last question: why isn't the track at least double as long as it is?
    WRC - That's motorsport!

Walter Röhrl

Quote Originally Posted by netburner
    BMW 700 Coupé taken by me...
    Awesome pictures netburner. Do you have any idea whay model year thats is?

Thread Information