Thread: Holden releases SSZ Commodore, Ute and Crewman

Holden releases SSZ Commodore, Ute and Crewman

http://goauto.carsales.com.au/mellor...25707E0009368F

Sports Holdens get SSZ treatment Select a

Sizzling Special: Commodore SSZ sedan, ute and Crewman add more than $6000 of value.

Holden gives its heroes a boost with the special-edition SSZ sedan, ute and Crewman

By MARTON PETTENDY 16 September 2005

advertisement HOLDEN has announced an incentive package for performance-oriented SS variants of its Commodore, Ute and Crewman models.

On sale from early October and available in limited numbers, the "SSZ" special editions are claimed to offer up to $6300 in extra features.

First up, the SSZ sedan adds leather seat trim with SSZ logo, premium performance brakes, a colour-coded SSZ instrument cluster, black centre-mounted oil and volt meters, 18-inch VZ Monaro wheels, rear park assist and Bluetooth compatibility.

Priced at $49,990 ($1300 less than the standard SS Commodore’s $51,290 sticker price), Holden says the Commodore SSZ sedan delivers $6300 of extra value. A total of 930 examples will initially be produced.

In addition to the SSZ sedan’s extra features (but excluding rear park assist and Bluetooth), the SSZ Ute adds a colour-coded hard tonneau cover with twin aero forms, which are said to have been inspired by the Utester concept released in 2001.

SSZ Ute pricing is $40,940 - $300 less than the SS utility’s regular price – and Holden says this represents $6250 of extra value. A total of 1200 will initially be produced.

Finally, the SSZ Crewman features all of the SSZ Ute’s extra gear - excluding 18-inch VZ Monaro wheels, premium performance rear brakes and the aero forms – for the same $47,190 price as Crewman SS.

Holden says this delivers $5250 of extra value and just 750 SSZ Crewmans will be produced.

Holden marketing director John Elsworth said premium performance brakes and leather seats were the most popular options among SS buyers.

"SS has long been Holden’s performance king and our SSZ editions make the cars even more tempting," Mr Elsworth said.

"The SSZ models have been designed to include the most appealing features to sports model enthusiasts.

"We also wanted to extend the concept across the three body styles because the SS models have been such fantastic winners in Ute and Crewman as well as the sedan.

"Similarly, we will offer the packs on all the usual SS colours to maximise buyer choice."
    Bit of a wanky name if you ask me..but its SE's like these that Holden have planned rather than a VZ2 runnout that would only last 6-8 months.
    I am the Stig

The new monaros called the CV8Z i think, sounds silly i tihnk. Im all in favour of free options though
    The Datto will rage again...

Just seen the CV8-Z ad toinght instant classic.
    Good idea but the price is stupid since it goes under the standard SS and offers more, You might aswell scrap the SS.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

i saw the ad too...and i found this thread! whats with the things on the cover of the ute? its an after market part ive seen them on some street commodores cars..where did it come from?
    BTW how kool is my new avatar?
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    i saw the ad too...and i found this thread! whats with the things on the cover of the ute? its an after market part ive seen them on some street commodores cars..where did it come from?
    BTW how kool is my new avatar?
    I think it's HSV with the malooo maybe that's where i have seen it?

Your avatar is pretty cool mate
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

yeah maybe...thanks about the avatar, lol i might get it remade without that tall pic so the others dont have the black background...then it would be a lot better...
    All about the t-tops

Thread Information