Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 Morgan Aero 8

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    still 220.000 euro for a base model
    they aren't good performers, they aren't comfortable gt either, and they aren't even known by Guido (or Tizio, as I mentioned before ), but they are so special, detailed, classy.
    to be brutally honest, I would buy right now the D12 if I had the money, no matter if it is a pseudo SUV or what else, it's gorgeous, those ribs starting after the wheel arches are magnificent, and the internal aluminum pillars are even better.
    Ok so it's like a Pagani, only cheaper and without the performance.

I reckon I'm not much bothered wheter they drive well or not, the attention to detail is astonishing. I'd have a base C8 Laviolette if I could.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

i like it, i think they fixed the cross eye look a while back, replaced those beetle headlamps with mini units

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    i like it, i think they fixed the cross eye look a while back, replaced those beetle headlamps with mini units
    The old units were Mini lamps IIRC they've just used the facelifted ones and adjusted the angle on this new version.

Surely though this is old news, the car is sporting last years reg. number. Either that or Morgan can't afford to get a 58 plate registered chassis.
    Last edited by Dantera22B; 12-21-2008 at 01:13 PM.
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Ok so it's like a Pagani, only cheaper and without the performance.

I reckon I'm not much bothered wheter they drive well or not, the attention to detail is astonishing. I'd have a base C8 Laviolette if I could.
    I drove a C8 Spyder. It was glorious! It was sort of like a big Lotus Elise, and SO gorgeous both inside and out. The only thing I didn't like was the way the top stowed when it was down; however it's still better than the way the top is stowed on this Morgan, hence my love of the Aeromax.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

the problem with aeromax though is it's terrible built quality. that's at least what i felt stepping inside one at IAA 2007.

does this roof stand out like this all the time like at the second picture from the first post?
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    the problem with aeromax though is it's terrible built quality. that's at least what i felt stepping inside one at IAA 2007.

does this roof stand out like this all the time like at the second picture from the first post?
    Too bad about the Aeromax.

That top bothers me too.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    I drove a C8 Spyder. It was glorious! It was sort of like a big Lotus Elise, and SO gorgeous both inside and out. The only thing I didn't like was the way the top stowed when it was down; however it's still better than the way the top is stowed on this Morgan, hence my love of the Aeromax.
    That's rather excellent then.

Not only the Spyker has fantastic attention detail but it drives well too.

As for the Morgan this is nice, but the proper Roadster is better.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

+8+ ftw
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Thumbs down Morgan Aero 8 2008

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    Must agree mostly. The first Aeros might have been cross-eyed but those after changed the rear end to match the looks of a full diaper.

The scary build quality and front end handling is enough to revive donkey travel.
    The Aeromax is handsomer but with build quality and steering unimproved.

The classic models are a safer bet.

Since it's been built in just 100 units I thought the build quality was going to be actually good (craftsmanship attention to details, precision, or something similar)
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information