Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BMW M3 (E92) Coupe 2007-2013

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    It has not raced yet.
    oops, thought it did already. :/ my bad
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

very nice but does it come in black?

Yep. Take a look at the gt5 prologue screenies.

Quote Originally Posted by Butlergtr View Post
    very nice but does it come in black?
    even the Enzo or the 8C Competizione came in black and have both only four colors available...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Munich. The high-performance BMW M GmbH sports cars enter the year 2009 both ideally equipped and in top shape. With specific body modifications to the BMW M3 Saloon, the introduction of the new iDrive generation for all versions of the BMW M3, the BMW M5 and the BMW M6 as well as a "competition package" for the BMW M6 Coupe, we have ensured that the respective models are able to continue to strengthen their pole position in the disciplines design, ease of operation and driving pleasure. The BMW M GmbH currently offers nine models, this being the most varied and attractive product portfolio in its 30-year history as a supplier of exceptionally sporty production cars.

More than 300,000 BMW M automobiles have been handed over to customers since 1978. The most successful model was and still is the BMW M3, now being offered in three different body versions. After the launch of the BMW M3 Coupe, the BMW M3 Saloon and the BMW M3 Convertible were also successfully brought to market this year. All versions of the BMW M3 are powered by a 4-litre,V8 engine delivering 309 kW/420 bhp at 8 300 rpm. The power unit was especially developed for this model and possesses high-revving characteristics with unequalled acceleration. As an alternative to the standard six-speed manual gearbox, all versions of the BMW M3 are optionally available with the M Double Clutch Transmission with Drivelogic. It has seven gears and shifts without interruption of traction, thereby facilitating even more dynamic acceleration. The M DKG Drivelogic also has a positive effect on the BMW M3's efficiency. Furthermore, it provides gear shifting comfort on par with the supreme standards of a BMW automatic transmission
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Supreme Performance, Exclusive Style: The BMW M3 Edition Models.

* Press Release

Munich. Powerful, aesthetic design, supreme performance and exclusive style – the unique characteristics of the BMW M3 are now available in highly attractive Edition Models focusing on the most outstanding highlights of these outstanding cars.

Based on the BMW M3 Coupé, the M3 Edition Models offer a choice of no less than four highly individual cars boasting perfectly harmonised modifications in body design and interior features as well as special light-alloy wheels and an even lower chassis.

The BMW M3 Edition Models will be entering the market worldwide in July 2009 in Alpine White, Black, Dakar Yellow, and Monte Carlo Blue. In the interest of supreme exclusivity their production period is limited to just six months.

Individual highlights both outside and inside.

On the BMW M3 Edition Models the exterior paintwork and interior design are individually matched to one another. Depending on the respective Edition model, the body comes either in Alpine White Non-Metallic, Black Non-Metallic, Dakar Yellow Non-Metallic or Monte Carlo Blue Metallic. The combination with BMW Individual High-Gloss Satin Chrome accentuates the truly sophisticated character of the Edition Models.

The openings on the engine compartment lid on all models are finished in black, the BMW kidney grille, the side gills and the dual tailpipes on the exhaust system come in dark eloxy-plated chrome. The caps on the special BMW M exterior mirrors are likewise finished in black and are connected to the A-pillars by dual arms extending out of the mirror base finished in body colour.

Special colour highlights add an individual touch also to the interior of the BMW M3 Edition Models. The surfaces on the centre armrest, the centre console and the armrests on the door panels are finished in White on the Alpine White and Black models. At the same time these Edition Models come with interior trim in Carbon Structure Leather with white contrasting seams. The seats in Black Novillo Leather feature bespoke contrasting seams as well as vertical trim stripes on the upper section of the backrest and at the front of the legrest. On the Alpine White and Black models, these features come in white, on the Dakar Yellow and Monte Carlo Blue models they are in the appropriate exterior colour.

As a further feature the armrests and door closing handles at the inside on the Dakar Yellow and Monte Carlo Blue models come with yellow and, respectively, blue contrasting seams. And last but certainly not least, entry trim bars in Checkered Flag Design bearing the “M3“ model designation give all Edition Models yet another highlight.

Special rim design and lowered suspension.
    To optimise the looks of the car, all four Edition Models come with specially designed light-alloy rims and a unique suspension: On all models the 19-inch forged M light-alloy rims in double-spoke design are available either in black or in the classic rim colour. And on the Alpine White, Black and Monte Carlo Blue models, the same rims are also available in a special white contrasting colour with polished spokes.

The suspension of the BMW M3 Edition Models adds to the sporting style of the cars, lowering the entire body by 10 millimetres or 0.4“.

BMW M3: supreme performance with eight cylinders and seven gears.
    The BMW M3 Edition Models give this high-performance athlete a particularly striking look also reflected by the car’s supreme driving dynamics based on a unique all-round concept and drivetrain/suspension technology inspired by motorsport. The V8 high-speed power unit of the BMW M3 develops maximum output of 309 kW/420 hp from 4.0 litres.

Power is transmitted to the rear wheels either through the six-speed manual gearbox featured as standard or through the optional M double-clutch gearbox with Drivelogic enhancing both the dynamic performance and the all-round efficiency of the BMW M3 all in one. In this case acceleration to 100 km/h comes in 4.6 seconds (six-speed manual: 4.8 seconds) and average fuel consumption in the EU test cycle is 11.9 litres/23.7 mpg imp (six-speed manual: 12.4 litres/22.8 mpg imp)/100 kilometres.

The BMW M3 comes as standard with a lightweight carbon roof, while the options include Electronic Damper Control and the M Drive menu enabling the driver to configure individual, M-specific suspension and drivetrain functions just right for his personal style.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    awesome car....
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    awesome car....
    Not really.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Not really.
    i prefer to have the M3 over the Audi R4. but then again your right. the 335i is faster than the M3.
    PINGAS!!!!

i prefer to have the M3 over the Audi R4. but then again your right. the 335i is faster than the M3.
    The problem is not the speed, but rather that it's lacking something. I remember I drove the M3 and then immediately afterwards the Z4M Coupé.

The M3 was excellent, I'd be lying if I said otherwise. It was fast, grippy and agile. But somewhat it wasn't engaging. It didn't leave a lasting impresion in me.

The Z4M, was nowhere near as fast or as advanced as the M3. It was more of a hooligan. But, it was a riot. It felt like a proper sportscar and it was a hoot to drive. And then there was the lovely M-fettled six. It was raw and mechanical. And it made a great noise.

After the whole day driving a selection of BMWs, the car I would've taken home was the Z4M not the M3.

The 335i is definitely the M3s problem. It manages to be almost as fast as the M3 in real world conditions but it's much more comfortable and cheaper to run. If the 335i didn't exist and you had to go from the 330i to the M3, then the M3 would make a lot of sense. But BMW seems to have shoot themselves in the foot with the 335i in a way. In my opinion it's the 3er to have.

The Audis simply are nowhere.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The problem is not the speed, but rather that it's lacking something. I remember I drove the M3 and then immediately afterwards the Z4M Coupé.

The M3 was excellent, I'd be lying if I said otherwise. It was fast, grippy and agile. But somewhat it wasn't engaging. It didn't leave a lasting impresion in me.

The Z4M, was nowhere near as fast or as advanced as the M3. It was more of a hooligan. But, it was a riot. It felt like a proper sportscar and it was a hoot to drive. And then there was the lovely M-fettled six. It was raw and mechanical. And it made a great noise.

After the whole day driving a selection of BMWs, the car I would've taken home was the Z4M not the M3.

The 335i is definitely the M3s problem. It manages to be almost as fast as the M3 in real world conditions but it's much more comfortable and cheaper to run. If the 335i didn't exist and you had to go from the 330i to the M3, then the M3 would make a lot of sense. But BMW seems to have shoot themselves in the foot with the 335i in a way. In my opinion it's the 3er to have.

The Audis simply are nowhere.
    i do agree with you though. i love the M3 and i love V8 engines but why put it in the M3, the inline 6 was much nicer than the V8. i love the design and all but when i look at it and i think about it's perfomance and what not, it looks like a car that will ' run out of breath ' if you know where im getting at. for example, a fat dude trying to run a marathon with a bunch of more physically fit people. im not saying its a tank, its just that, i just don't understand how a inline 6 can almost keep up with it's V8 twin. i hope that made sense.
    PINGAS!!!!

i do agree with you though. i love the M3 and i love V8 engines but why put it in the M3, the inline 6 was much nicer than the V8. i love the design and all but when i look at it and i think about it's perfomance and what not, it looks like a car that will ' run out of breath ' if you know where im getting at. for example, a fat dude trying to run a marathon with a bunch of more physically fit people. im not saying its a tank, its just that, i just don't understand how a inline 6 can almost keep up with it's V8 twin. i hope that made sense.
    It's the turbochargers that give the 335i its fenomenal oomph. But I'm not disappointed with the M3 because the 335i can almost keep up with it.

It's because it doesn't feel like an M car. I expected it to be great, to want to keep driving it mile after mile, corner after corner. But I didn't. It was brilliant but somewhat left me a bit cold. It's perhaps that they tried to make it too civilised, to appeal the widest market possible. I don't know what it was. But the 335i can do almost the same at a fraction of the cost and the incovenience. And that's a problem for the M3.

The Z4M was a completely different beast. Even in the first metres you could feel that it had been designed to be a drivers car. Everything else didn't really matter. I'm sure that on the track the M3 would turn quicker lap times than the little 2 seater sportscar. But it doesn't matter. Because the Z4M felt like a proper M car should. It made you want to keep driving until you ran out road. Engine, steering, suspension, the lot everything was geared towards the driver and driving experience. Which is why it's a great car.
    Visca Catalunya!

Beautiful car. The 335 is almost there in performance and exceeds in comfort, but the E92 M3 has such a mean look!

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Beautiful car. The 335 is almost there in performance and exceeds in comfort, but the E92 M3 has such a mean look!
    You could get the M package and throw it on the 335i. All the looks, with most of the oomph.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    You could get the M package and throw it on the 335i. All the looks, with most of the oomph.
    That's called "Rice" in my country!!

Thread Information