Thread: Geneva 2011: Lamborghini Aventador revealed in final preview ...

Geneva 2011: Lamborghini Aventador revealed in final preview ...

On the eve of the 2011 Geneva Motor Show, Lamborghini have taken the wraps off the Murcielago replacement. Its name, Aventador LP700-4, was one of the worst kept secrets. In good Lamborghini tradition the new supercar is named after a bull. In this case a particularly courageous bull that was awarded the "Trofeo de la Pena La Madronera" in 1993 for outstanding courage. Many of the technical details, including the 700 bhp V12 engine, full carbon-fibre monocoque and sophisticated push-rod suspension were already revealed in detail by Lamborghini in the build-up to the official debut. The styling is instantly recognisable but with a sharper edge than the current generation Lamborghinis. The first Aventadors will be delivered to customers late in the summer.
    Following the news of the division's pending sale, Spyker sports cars will reaffirm its objectives at the Geneva show; production will be increased and the first C8 Ailerons will be delivered to customers in April. As part of the announcement the Dutch manufacturer released the first renderings of the upcoming C8 Aileron GT racer. Built to the latest GTE specs it is expected to debut next year and Spyker is hopeful to sell several to customers. A GT3 version is also on the books.
    Further Geneva previews include the Opel Zafira Tourer Concept, Seat IBX Concept and the Subaru BOXER Sports Car Architecture Concept.
    We will be on the show floor first thing tomorrow morning and you can expect our full Geneva Motor Show report on Wednesday.

Enjoy the links:

2011 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 - Images, Specifications and Information

2011 Opel Zafira Tourer Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2011 Seat IBX Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2012 Spyker C8 Aileron GT - Images, Specifications and Information

2011 Subaru BOXER Sports Car Architecture Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2011 Volkswagen Golf VI Cabriolet - Images, Specifications and Information

2011 Morgan Threewheeler - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

The Reventon certainly softened the impact of the Aventador.

Aventador looks nice and more flowing than the Reventon...a worthwhile design direction I think.

This is what i was looking for when the Reventon first came out, i was looking forward to an evolution of design or complete redesign and the Aventador is exactly that. Very satisfying to see Lambo move forward a little bit. I've also had a soft spot in my heart for Spyker's racing program so i'm really happy to see they're taking the Aileron racing. Hopefully it'll be more competitive than the Laviolette.

In all honesty, I find the Lambo a bit boring, obvious. The Reventòn style language got old pretty quickly in my book. What I really don't like is the interior though: the steering wheel looks heavy, and the central console is way too much Panamera-ish.
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 02-28-2011 at 05:18 PM.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I actually really like the Aventador. Its beautifully done. They managed to carry it out to look sophisticated and sexy, without being cluttered or busy looking. I wouldn't change a thing about it. I was beginning to feel scared that I'd never be able to say that again about a new Lambo.

If that's something I like about the exterior, it's exactly its busy look. :P
    As I said though, I find it quite predictable, and the Reventòn was quite a disappointment in the flesh. Lamrboghini aren't exactly my cup of tea it appears.

I was curious to see the Estoque though.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

lamborghini yet again sticking with the same design they have had sine the countach. not particularly interesting.

but, i'll take one of those morgan trikes. i love the originals, and this doesn't appear to be appreciably different sans the S&S motor.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

I agree- the Aventador seems to be just a rehash of the Reventon. Not to say either are bad looking cars, it's just so similar. If you painted the Aventador flat grey, I'd have some trouble telling them apart, other than looking at the interior instrument panel.

Also- no manual? I understand that any DCT would shift faster than you sleeping. But as a paying customer, shouldn't you get the choice to choose?
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 02-28-2011 at 06:55 PM.

You'll only get the choice if they offer you one. Obviously they've decided they can sell as many without offering it, so tough titties if you want one. They can sell whatever they like, really.

I really, really want one of those Morgans. Really.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

These days of Paris Hiltons and rappers named after coins the take rate of the manual would probably about... no percent whatsoever.

Sadly.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I agree- the Aventador seems to be just a rehash of the Reventon. Not to say either are bad looking cars, it's just so similar. If you painted the Aventador flat grey, I'd have some trouble telling them apart, other than looking at the interior instrument panel.

Also- no manual? I understand that any DCT would shift faster than you sleeping. But as a paying customer, shouldn't you get the choice to choose?
    Its a huge departure though for Lambo, styling similarity from Reventon aside. Carbon chassis, inboard suspension...its a pretty serious car....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I like it, although it does look a bit like a Reventon although that’s not a bad thing. At least Lamborghini haven’t spoiled it. I really like the performance, 0-60 in 2.8 sec that’s impressive. I like the car but i think Lamborghini could have been a bit more adventures with their styling.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Thread Information