Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 / 2014 F1 Silly Season

2013 / 2014 F1 Silly Season

So after much speculation, Webber's vacant seat at Red Bull will be filled by his compatriot Daniel Ricciardo. This suggests that Raikonen will stay at Lotus.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Or move to Ferrari if/after they bin Massa.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

A move to Ferrari looks more than possible judging by the press statements, and wouldn't be the worst scenario really. On the other hand, it is really hard to say which 2014 engine/chassis will turn out to be better - Ferrari or Lotus/Renault.

The issue with Kimi to Ferrari, as Will Buxton pointed out at Spa, is that Luca di Montezemolo would have to make a major mea culpa and basically have to appologize to Kimi for forcing him out of the seat to make way for Alonso. And if Kimi replaces Massa, I'm not sure he'd be willing to play #2 to Fernando, and we know that Fred doesn't play well with another driver who shares #1 status on the same team.
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

Don't know about di Montezemolo, some say he has changed his attitude towards Kimi lately and was ready to accept him in Ferrari. You never know, after all.

Considering Alonso(while not for lack of trying) have not yet deliver the title for Ferrari, Kimi will still be the last(and most current) Ferrari Champion.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Considering Alonso(while not for lack of trying) have not yet deliver the title for Ferrari, Kimi will still be the last(and most current) Ferrari Champion.
    That is my favourite Kimi vs Fernando and Ferrari troll moment. Ferrari treats their drivers too poorly; they booted out Prost and Schumacher unceremoniously.

F1 is just business, but I think gentlemanly behaviour is sometimes the correct call.

As a Kimi fan, I would love to see those two on the same team, but they both seem fairly unFerrarish. Massa and Barichello were mostly good soldiers and Fernando is probably the best driver on the grid, and the team poops/has pooped on all of them.

Alonso also publically insulted the car, so it's not exactly mister popular around there.

What I read of what he said was fairly innocuous.

Ferrari are fairly sure that they are the most important team on the grid, and there is a strong reasoning behind that. They simply can afford such treating toward their drivers - there are always crowds of people who would like to race for Ferrari.

Ferrari has treated drivers poorly ever since Enzo ran the team. Its a precedent that doesn't look like its going to change soon. Enzo would have hired on Kimi just so he could pitch him and Alonso against each other, which is guaranteed to get Ferrari a constructors championship. I think its going to happen.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

So the Kimi to Ferrari story is gaining momentum. Hulkenberg was in the running until very recently.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Some even say the contract might have already been signed. Anyway, Ferrari is expected to open up their cards sometime this week.

I'd like to see the Hulk get a nice drive next year, he's much better than the Sauber is. I guess it'd be good to see him in whichever team Kimi isn't.

Reportedly on Twitter, Massa announced that he's leaving Ferrari at season's end. Of course, this is Twitter...
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

Thread Information