• M3 4.0

7 11.29%
  • Ford Supercharged 4.6

5 8.06%
  • Something else (post what)

4 6.45%
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercar Engine Poll

i think theres the dream engine and the budget engine, the radical no doubt seems to be the dream engine but the LS1 seems to be the better budget engine
    I am the Stig

But that engine did 9.8 on it's second run, And has a best time of 9.5 now it's fast but not over the top it's very drivably, And as the pic shows it's got ecconemy on it's side also not bad 7.8 litres per 100k and it was sitting on 119kph
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

any performance figures from APS would be fairly irellevant though as its not a Commodore that we're putting the engine in here, its a purpose built supercar.
    I am the Stig

The supercar would be lighter and faster with wider track and longer wheelbase
    This baby will do 0-100 in 3.3 sec

i doubt it'd have a longer wheelbase to be honest, the one tonner uses the wheelbase from the statesman remember, so about 150mm longer than a commodore, thats already pretty big
    I am the Stig

i garatee you any performance you'll be able to squeeze out of that motor, the LS1 will better it while being lighter and shorter. and it probly would get better mileage to boot, 500hp cars weighing 2800lbs with an LS1 have been getting ~29mpg, and a n/a LS1 will produce more torque in a more linear fashion than a turbo 6 for better track time driveability, and not to mention LS1's are cheap as dirt. and it has been said, the powertec(radical) V8 will not fit this criterium, it is too unreliable.
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

How about an engine that could produce more power than all of those put together? How about having all that power available at 102rpm? Ladies and gents... I present to you the king of engines

Oh come on guys, 108,920 hp and 5,608,312 lb/ft of torque at 102 rpm! It's perfect! AND it only weighs... 2300... what? 2300 tons? Hmm... is that a lot? It certainly sounds like quite a lot... Erm... crap.

Okay, 3.0 duratec it is then.

Well you can match that with the electric motor pods used in the Queen Mary 2

These are fitted with 20Mw electric motors.

Yeap, I did type that properly 20 MEGA WATTS.

Now THAT is one big electric motor - jstu can't find a picture of it on the Alstom, RR or Thales site
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 12-15-2004 at 02:30 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

What's a megawatt? Is it not one thousand kilowatts? If it is, my diesel beast is still better, cos 20,000 kilowatts is "only" (lol) 26820.44 hp. You'd need 4 of those to match my diesel guzzler.

Naturally you're gonna tell me I'm wrong and that you're QE2 engine is 25 times better than mine and then someone will probably kick my ass for deviating from topic, but it's okay, I'm ready for it!

Where the hell does one store the electricity for a motor of that power anyway? Or are they generator powered?

QM2 has 5 of these pods fitted IIRC.
    Each of them rotatable around 360 degrees to improve stopping and maneouvring ( the reasons BIG ELECTRIC pods are the way for modern boats )
    Military proposals are around for DOUBLE the size of pod.

The QM2 has 3 turbines and 2 diesel engines to produce the electriciy for these puppies
    I don't think they've any major storage, they just turn on more engines when they need more electricity
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    How about an engine that could produce more power than all of those put together? How about having all that power available at 102rpm? Ladies and gents... I present to you the king of engines

Oh come on guys, 108,920 hp and 5,608,312 lb/ft of torque at 102 rpm! It's perfect! AND it only weighs... 2300... what? 2300 tons? Hmm... is that a lot? It certainly sounds like quite a lot... Erm... crap.

Okay, 3.0 duratec it is then.
    Think we will need a bloody big truck for that engine

Quote Originally Posted by megotmea7
    i garatee you any performance you'll be able to squeeze out of that motor, the LS1 will better it while being lighter and shorter. and it probly would get better mileage to boot, 500hp cars weighing 2800lbs with an LS1 have been getting ~29mpg, and a n/a LS1 will produce more torque in a more linear fashion than a turbo 6 for better track time driveability, and not to mention LS1's are cheap as dirt. and it has been said, the powertec(radical) V8 will not fit this criterium, it is too unreliable.
    So we go the stock LS1 wiht twin turbo But i don't no the price and i'm really intrested in finding out that

Why turbo ? WHay not jsut tune up and avoid all the heat and lag problems ?

we're going non turbo to my knoledge, there is no need to turbo a LS1 to attain ~500hp reliably, its a walk in the park n/a and i quoted ~450lbs altogether for a porshe transaxle and built LS1. should cost around $9000 also
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Mopar Hemi 528 "King Kong" 620/640 coz it sounds awsum
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Thread Information