Thread: Jobs in motorsport engernering

Jobs in motorsport engernering

ddddd
    Last edited by lukeh; 10-01-2005 at 02:44 PM.

hello lukehow
    i have asked many companies, teams and organizations this same question and they have all replied with one main thing in common. and that is that you must work hard and get your degrees/papers and then the main thing is to show that you are commited and really willing to work for the position.

good luck in the future.

yes i have asked lots of teams and they tell you mostly to keep trying and learn as much as possible

Don't know much about the Australian school systems, but I do know that when you get to college Formula SAE is the best step towards working in motorsports, that with a mechanical engineering degree would be the best way to go.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

i plan to get a mechanical or mechatronic engineering degree and i know that my local university has a formula sae program and that is what i am working towards now.

I'd say work your but off and wait till your 18 or so, Knock on some doors hey they can only say no.
    I know some people that send letters in and get a chance, Well it's not Motorsport but it's sport.
    There was a time when i turned 18 i worked in this shit hole of a factory, They built a HQ and go to bathurst every year this was about 10 years ago, I had the chance to go with them on the crew, But i left the job Missed my chance going.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

sound good.
    i work at larry eaton automotive. the workshop is always very tidy, presentable and easy to work in. at larry eaton automotive we mainly work on the only type of car worth having BMW.

Definitely Formula SAE. Australian Universities has established quite a reputation for themselves in FSAE with their yearly Formula SAE Australasia competiton, and several aussie teams have had success outside of their country's event as well. University of Wollongong was the first non-US team to have won the main Formula SAE Competition in the states, while RMIT this past summer won the Formula Student event in England beating out my school from University of Toronto from Canada. IMO for experience sake nothing gets you closer to motorsports industry than FSAE.

i hope to finally work at bmw ///M division.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Mann
    at larry eaton automotive we mainly work on the only type of car worth having BMW.

dont get all snobbish, theyre not THAT good
    I am the Stig

do you like fpv and is there any relationship with pro drive and fpv

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Mann
    i hope to finally work at bmw ///M division.
    Ahahaha... I don't think BMW employ people of an "unstable" disposition.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by lukehow
    do you like fpv and is there any relationship with pro drive and fpv
    Yes and Yes - Prodrive own 51% of FPV (Ford Australia naturally owns the other 49%)
    I am the Stig

For anyone in the UK - I'm currently on the Motorsports Engineering BEng (Hons) degree at Oxford Brookes University - and believe me this is a real prospect at getting into a motorsport career. I have full access to the Formula Student (SAE) competition throughout So working in a garage might be a good start, but its not the be-all and end-all.

Its my intention to follow this through to a real job. So for those of you lower down the ladder: work hard, trust me: good GCSE's and A-levels will see you in a perfect position to live your dream.

Thread Information