32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Halo 2

13 40.63%
  • Half Life 2

19 59.38%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Half Life 2 vs. Halo 2

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    ummm.....few more guns? 5 weapons were drastically changed in damage/rate of fire wise, and the rest were completly changed, in every respect.
    yes.. 5 weapons drastically changed. Rest completely changed. Thats still hardly any weapons compared to alot of games. Although the weapons werent the point, the point is Halo 2 as a game isnt as good as Half Life 2 for obvious reasons. If you look at the two in complete comparison, both are extremely BRILLIANT but half life 2 is better.

Quote Originally Posted by CoTTerik
    yes.. 5 weapons drastically changed. Rest completely changed. Thats still hardly any weapons compared to alot of games. Although the weapons werent the point, the point is Halo 2 as a game isnt as good as Half Life 2 for obvious reasons. If you look at the two in complete comparison, both are extremely BRILLIANT but half life 2 is better.
    well........actually, only 1 gun in the whole game was left unchanged.
    halo 2 - november 9

uhhh which gun would that be? i cant recollect any single gun that was not changed!
    I like SUVs because they can tow my 36 foot sailboat.

lemme put it the easy way so that even cavemen can understand
    Microsoft = sucks
    Halo 2 = Microsoft
    So therefore, from this complicated math equation, we can determine that Halo 2 sucks.
    Yes, I hate Microsoft and everything they do. The only reason I have XP on my computers because Mac has compatiability errors with certain programs.
    And I heard some say HL2 is over-rated. Where's the proof? I don't see mass commercials on TV, I don't see mass ads over the Internet, I don't see the creators bragging that it will change the gaming world, when in fact, for most, it's a big dissapoinment.
    I'll make another comparison between games. Halo is compared to Halo 2, like NFS Underground is compared to NFS Underground 2. Sure, tweak the graphics, add in something that was previously in other popular games but do a crappy job doing it and throw in some parts and voila, a revolutionary new game.
    Damn Halo 2 fanboys!!! Supporting Bill Gates, it's people like you that keep that crappy company running.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

H-L2 owned me!

I got the collector's edition.
    Came with...
    H-L2
    H-L1 Digitally remastered
    CS: Source and T-Shirt.

Wolf03, you are a very, very sad person, bill gates aye, you percieve him as somewhat evil. Yes he did do several bad things, but then again, i have proof that sony spend 1 / 48 of what Microsoft spend on charity and helping the unfortunate. You look upon Microsoft and a company that "sucks", you sir are a fanboy and i have pity on you because you spend your life trying to diss and put down people who favour other devlopers. Microsoft is a pioneer of so much, and withought them we would be so far behind in technology and so many poor people would be dead.

Wolf03, please do not try to argue with me, im sure, definetely sure i could topple you in this specific argument at hand, do not put down microsoft for its achievment in worldwide assistance to the needy, for you should look at yourself and question your very own ethics.

Did you read my previous, lengthy post u piece of sh*t, why change drastically for a winning formuala, if the graphics are suitable for the gameplay so that it will still make the game fun, then stick with it, i dont want some scenic journey that takes away gameplay, ala prince of persia.

Bill Gates is not the man you see him as, yes, like all multi billionares he has that stereotypical behaviour but he has done so much that it turns the table, what the hell does sony do for the needy with so much money. Nothing.

Now, its time for your reply.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf03
    Microsoft = sucks
    Halo 2 = Microsoft
    So therefore, from this complicated math equation, we can determine that Halo 2 sucks.
    Yes, I hate Microsoft and everything they do. The only reason I have XP on my computers because Mac has compatiability errors with certain programs.
    And I heard some say HL2 is over-rated. Where's the proof? I don't see mass commercials on TV, I don't see mass ads over the Internet, I don't see the creators bragging that it will change the gaming world, when in fact, for most, it's a big dissapoinment.
    I'll make another comparison between games. Halo is compared to Halo 2, like NFS Underground is compared to NFS Underground 2. Sure, tweak the graphics, add in something that was previously in other popular games but do a crappy job doing it and throw in some parts and voila, a revolutionary new game.
    Damn Halo 2 fanboys!!! Supporting Bill Gates, it's people like you that keep that crappy company running.
    you seriously have no idea how much bill gates gives to charity you fool.

"do a crappy job doing it"

here is clear proof you have never played halo 2. you are a PC nerd.
    halo 2 - november 9

Quote Originally Posted by Decave
    uhhh which gun would that be? i cant recollect any single gun that was not changed!
    the sniper was not changed.

some people would say the shotgun wasnt changed either, but it does have a slightly wider range, making it a little less powerful at range.
    halo 2 - november 9

Quote Originally Posted by danno
    the sniper was not changed.

some people would say the shotgun wasnt changed either, but it does have a slightly wider range, making it a little less powerful at range.
    well damage wise yes, but can't you see through the scope now when you're not zoomed in?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf03
    Microsoft = sucks
    Halo 2 = Microsoft
    1) how about explaining why halo2 is a bad game just b/c it was made by microsoft.

2) if u use that logic then u could say that there are no good xbox games at all.

3) ur a poser b/c ur a pc fanboy.

4) don't try to make everything u say sound sarcastic b/c u put in a smiley.

half life 2 by a country mile.

the physics are so realistic and the AI is really good
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

ok fine... but when you say physics do you mean ragdoll physics or what? b/c halo2 has that also. o yea and also, the AI in both games is great. u cant say anything bad about halo2's AI though in my opinion, halo 2 has some significantly better AI. for one thing, legendary is practically impossible, and the marines have literally thousands of quotes that they say so you're guaranteed to hear something new every time. therefore, just b/c half life 2 has some good physics doesn't make it a better game. not by a long shot. i will admit that i am a halo fanboy but i think that i have good reason. so far i have not heard a good reason of why halo 2 is bad except for the fact that its a sequel and it doesn't have as good graphics. (o yea and someone said b/c everything that microsoft makes sucks and that was just retarted.)

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    half life 2 by a country mile.

the physics are so realistic and the AI is really good
    I have yet to play HL2... but my computer isn't really up to that lvl. However, I'm going down to Florida soon and my cousin has an extremely powerful computer, where I'll get to test it out
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

halo2 vs half life 2 graphics. retarded thing to bring up. its like bragging to someone that their 117 inch tv is stupid, and sucks compared to your 120 inch tv. no point. at that point it is just overkill. stop arguing about graphics, its stupid. (if you want to agrue about graphics, compare one of these 2 to something like duckhunt, for the orginal nintendo)
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Hahahaaha yea. wen r u people gona realize that the ONLY reason that half life 2 has better graphics is b/c its a PC GAME!!!! LISTEN TO PEOPLE!!!

Thread Information