Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferarri Enzo or Saleen S7

Originally posted by SPHFerrari
    S7 or ferrari Enzo? i wish that i could have either. however, the S7 is just so sick. it just looks better. all the small series of vents and intakes add a super cool touch that is missing on the enzo. if you dont agree just compare a pic of the enzo with that of an s7. and just something that i think is really cool, one of the car mags reports that the S7's body works create so much downforce that theoretically it could drive upside down when at speeds over 168 mph!
    so your saying a car mag said it makes over 1000kg's downforce at close to top speed?

Originally posted by SPHFerrari
    S7 or ferrari Enzo? i wish that i could have either. however, the S7 is just so sick. it just looks better. all the small series of vents and intakes add a super cool touch that is missing on the enzo. if you dont agree just compare a pic of the enzo with that of an s7. and just something that i think is really cool, one of the car mags reports that the S7's body works create so much downforce that theoretically it could drive upside down when at speeds over 168 mph!
    why don't they ever do something like this? because if they say it is possible then they should do it, and put it on ripleys belive it or not.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

yea, i hear this every time i read about the s7. they should just do it. i bet the downforce an enzo makes is similar to an s7, its just ferraris not telling everyone it can drive upside down MIB style to create hype.
    stereotonin

well the enzo supposedly has the ECU controlling the aerodynamics doesnt it?

Originally posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    i think i like the coensgegg(i keep spelling that wrong) more than the enzo, as far as looks go. also the C8 has a very odd interior, but i like it. very great car.
    Koenigsegg CC8S,not 8C
    thats the 2002 model

Enzo or Saleen??????

If I am going to drive a car at OVER two hundred MILES per hour do I choose the ultimate limited production FERRARI or the ultimate limited production of a Ford dealer's.

Is this a trick question?

Re: Enzo or Saleen??????

Originally posted by T33
    If I am going to drive a car at OVER two hundred MILES per hour do I choose the ultimate limited production FERRARI or the ultimate limited production of a Ford dealer's.

Is this a trick question?
    why do you ask if it is a trick question? do you think that one of them is vastly inferior?

Thumbs up Enzo is the choice

The reason why i choose the enzo over the saleen s7 is because the ferrari does better what both are being made to do - be very fast! the enzo is technologically far superior with things like launch control and many others which give it the closest resemblance to an f1 car. its engineering too is brilliant. add to that that superb exhaust note. the enzo definitely is far quicker around a track. comparitively, no hurting american sentiments, the s7 is a monster to drive and after reading a few reviews, i find the enzo to be quite refined in comparison. it a fact many reviews have even hailed or gestured that it might be the best supercar ever. now that depends upon how u look at it. ugly they find it but listen to what the critics have to say.
    from BBC,s Topgear - ' when you look at it in the pictures, you dismiss it as ugly; but now when you look at it in real, your hair just stands up on your skin'. this is only an example. it matters perhaps that a car should look good in pictures but it matters more how it looks in real.
    any comparison therefore is comical.

well on a performance for price basis, the S7 has it all over the enzo, but ferrari answers that by including the better dynamics, better track times etc. they really appeal to different people
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by kennyknoxville
    yea, i hear this every time i read about the s7. they should just do it. i bet the downforce an enzo makes is similar to an s7, its just ferraris not telling everyone it can drive upside down MIB style to create hype.
    They wanted to do it in a test tunnel at Scotland, but the insurance company wouldn't cover it. Anyways, I don't think they have to prove themselves to little idiots on the internet.
    I saw a red Enzo at the Tampa international autoshow btw, it's not ugly at all. It all depends on the angle from which you look at the car. I couldn't take my eyes off the red Enzo, even when there were two Mucielagos and a Gallardo right by.

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloGTR
    They wanted to do it in a test tunnel at Scotland, but the insurance company wouldn't cover it. Anyways, I don't think they have to prove themselves to little idiots on the internet.
    I saw a red Enzo at the Tampa international autoshow btw, it's not ugly at all. It all depends on the angle from which you look at the car. I couldn't take my eyes off the red Enzo, even when there were two Mucielagos and a Gallardo right by.
    yeah it's not ugly but some people think it's ugly at first and it grows on them.

A few things.....

Don't EVER let anyone who hasn't seen an Enzo in the flesh tell you it is ugly. That is out and out bullshit. From EVO magazine: "In the cold light of day it is nothing less than devastating." I have to agree.

Also the CC8s does not outperform the Enzo in any way other than top speed, which in both cars still needs to be independently verified, however it's interior is far more stylish than the Enzo.

As far as the Saleen goes, head to head with the Enzo, consider this. When Ferrari announced Enzo performance figures they quoted 0-62 mph as 3.65 seconds. That time has been flogged over and over by testers. Is the top speed really 'only' 217.5 mph? That hasn't been verified either way. In most, if not all, other performance marques the Saleen doesn't match the Enzo. True, the Enzo is disgustingly overpriced, but value is rarely proportionate to cost. The Enzo is already appreciating in price, so as an investment it is actually not bad.

My vote goes to the Enzo. I do like the Saleen, but the Enzo is a better supercar.

aww man, thats gotta be embarrasing to the maranello boys, if individual testers can get teh Enzo going faster than Ferrari's own test drivers
    I am the Stig

The two cars are both incredible

Although you'd probably pick up more chicks in an S7
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

Well I have one queation does anybody have anything on the cars perofrmances on the track? ive heard many sotires aboutt he Saleen being quite sucsessful and ive seen what the similarbodyed Mosler is capeable comming 2nd in 02 bathurst 24 hour race and a 5th this year despite plenty of pannel damage and nothing other then 100mph tape to replace it with. But what of the enzo ive actually heard nothing about this car and im hopeing someone will beable to fill in the gaps of both.

Thread Information