Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari not budging on testing

i have to agree, ferrari should be allowed to prctice as much as they want. if the other teams want to practice less, then they can go ahead. what would people say if on soccer or american football or baseball, limits on how much teams practiced were set. people would cry out "what the hell, thats retarded!". you wanna win, you have to apply yourself and try and study (or practice in this case)
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

I do not neccessarily think that the rule is just or fair, I just expect some sort of professionalism from Ferrari, such as obeying the rules that every other team agreed too.
    Thanks for all the fish

as far as I know, the proposal was from the 9 other teams, not the FIA. so Ferrari are not "mandated" to follow it. plus the said proposal doesn't really do anything to "cut cost" especially for the minor teams.

Quote Originally Posted by mumu
    as far as I know, the proposal was from the 9 other teams, not the FIA. so Ferrari are not "mandated" to follow it. plus the said proposal doesn't really do anything to "cut cost" especially for the minor teams.
    Good point, and I don't see that the major teams will transfer the money saved on a reduction in testing to the minor teams to establish a more even level playing field.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I dont get this its thier choice....so its minardis wish they dont have the budget to test? get a grip.

Testing is expensive for example (talking within my means and a good example) only a handful of teams have a big enough budget to test reguarly in v8 super cars the teams have 8 test days at one nominated track this went from unlimited testing where hrt had a full time test driver (Greg Murphy) and TWRs very big coffers now is this fair where teams like BJR and mark larkims mitre 10team (at the time) worked thier ring off and tested when budget allowed to be swept under the rug by a team with an almost limitless budget? i think not....effort and spirit put in means jack when you dont have the money the only think larko could say is he proved his charictor with the effort he put in to get top 10s and maintaining a sponsor!

Look what happened when testing was limited it hobbled the TWR funded teams (all 3 of them) and the pack leader teams brought the field closer together and nowdays australia has the worlds most popular touring car catigory....could this change work for f1? who knows but it shure as hell couldent hurt.
    Last edited by Falcon500; 01-06-2005 at 04:10 AM.

Thats touring cars though, its a completely different thing to Formula 1.

I still wonder if something like a control tyre would balance the field a bit
    I am the Stig

True but im talking within my means and i cant see why this testing cap wont work can you?

personally i think a scripted race like where seeing in f1 is the kind that kills a formula.....

Its hard cause Schuey's the class act of the field. He's shaped Ferrari and Bridgestone basically around him. How do you make the rules for an even playing field whilst keeping his natural talent in mind? Perhaps if it wasnt just the same 2 tyre manufacturers, maybe if Michelin continued supplying Williams, McLaren, Bar and Renault whilst a 3rd came on board to supply the smaller teams etc. That way Michelin could be more focused towards the characteristics of the 4 teams.
    I am the Stig

Well dont forget with out the ingection of moeny they couldent capitalise on shcueys tallent same goes if he doesnt have the constant stream of information comming in from testing....while the best will win on the day hobbling a team if done correctly can bring the field closer together and capitalise on strangths and weakensesses. if done wrong well it can screw everyone and kill the sport (truck raceing)

I say the teams that are complaining about not having enough money for testing should probably look at entering into a class that is cheaper. If you don't have the money to buy a certain car, do you complain about how much it costs and try to force the company to reduce its price? Or do you just go buy a different car?
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    I say the teams that are complaining about not having enough money for testing should probably look at entering into a class that is cheaper. If you don't have the money to buy a certain car, do you complain about how much it costs and try to force the company to reduce its price? Or do you just go buy a different car?
    I see your point matt but then wed be lft with like 4 teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    I see your point matt but then wed be lft with like 4 teams...
    it is like geopolitics, first there were four, (USA, USSR, UK, France) now we are left with one (France )
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Err, what planet are you living on Henk?! ........

We have a disproportionate team and powerhouse of the F1 world sulking about other teams trying to cut it off at the knees, and rightly so. But you have to remember, unless something changes the whole lot will tumble like a house of cards. When everyone is barracking for the same team, there really is no contest, is there?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Well despite Schuey being as good as he is, theres still people following people like Button, Montoya, Raikkonen an Alonso with their heart and sole
    I am the Stig

But still as theoldsaying goes everyone likes a winner and the world is full of sheep...i think a few lost championships for ferrari would put alot more colour in the f1 paddock.

Thread Information