Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autocar - New cars

Autocar - New cars

Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Sweet. But anyone knows if the 1-Series will ever be brought to Canada. I thought BMW wanted to bring it here but when they released the first pics of the 1-Series, they pulled the plug.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

A diesel supercar??? Supercars are a desapearing species

On the other hand, that Zonda is going to RULE!!! VIVA PAGANI

DIESEL????????????? WHAT THE HELL DO WE WANT A DIESEL-BELCHING LOW-REVVING LAMBO FOR?? THEY CAN STUFF THE DIESEL GALLARDO UP THEIR *****.
    ah, my rant is over. But actually, not a bad idea if you think of it more. We really do need to care at least a little bit about our oil reserves, ya know

What's wrong with a diesel supercar? If none of the power is lost, then the car could actually conserve oil, therefore, a cleaner enviornment, save money and you get more running time. That is, if the diesel engine's purpose is to reduce consumption.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

It couldn't be the M1 if it is going to be a 2-door. All 2-door cars are even numbered series, all 4-door cars will be odd numbered. So, it would have to be the M2.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    It couldn't be the M1 if it is going to be a 2-door. All 2-door cars are even numbered series, all 4-door cars will be odd numbered. So, it would have to be the M2.

they might do a 2 door version
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    eh ?

not in Europe and I thought the M series were standard across the globe.

So unless this is a 'new rule' then that E30 M3 I went door hand to door handle had his rear doors stolen !!

I've never heard of this, any references ??

EDIT: Jumped to the BMW UK site and the M3 looks like .....

THis is the coupe version though, I'm not sure what they do * if ata ll ) ib N series on the sedan bodies. Maybe one of the BMW fans can join.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Its something new theyre bringing in, hence the release of the 6 series and the M4 alongside the M3
    I am the Stig

But BMW are going to release coupe/convertible models based on the 1-series platform, I thought those were the ones which were going to be called 2-series, M2, etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by islero
    But BMW are going to release coupe/convertible models based on the 1-series platform, I thought those were the ones which were going to be called 2-series, M2, etc etc
    The convertibles may be called Z1 (4 seats) and Z2 (2 seats). I think the site was just trying to get across that the entry model for BMW will get an M version. Most people know about the new 1-Series but they've never heard of a 2-Series.
    Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    eh ?

not in Europe and I thought the M series were standard across the globe.

So unless this is a 'new rule' then that E30 M3 I went door hand to door handle had his rear doors stolen !!

I've never heard of this, any references ??

EDIT: Jumped to the BMW UK site and the M3 looks like .....

THis is the coupe version though, I'm not sure what they do * if ata ll ) ib N series on the sedan bodies. Maybe one of the BMW fans can join.
    Right, Matra. This is currently how it is. But there will no longer be an M3 coupe. The two-door version, when the E90 version comes out, will be the M4 and the sedan (if there is one) will be called the M3. The two-door version of the 1-series, if there is one, will actually be the 2-series.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

thanks Matt, I don't keep up with BMW
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf03
    What's wrong with a diesel supercar? If none of the power is lost, then the car could actually conserve oil, therefore, a cleaner enviornment, save money and you get more running time. That is, if the diesel engine's purpose is to reduce consumption.
    it is wrong!
    you can't have a gallardo with a diesel engine, its just not fair!
    supercars should NOT save enviroment or be cheap

Oh, so you would like to live on an Earth where everyday is 30+ with no snow and smog advisories would occur almost everyday. I don't think so. I'm glad Lamborghini is starting to think about the Earth. Hell, I would be pleased if I saw an electric Gallardo.
    Michael Schumacher

Thread Information