View Poll Results: Should Comp Threads Feature Attachments?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

17 73.91%
  • Yes

6 26.09%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rally to Keep the Chop Comps Normal...

Rally to Keep the Chop Comps Normal...

-----FACT----------
    For those of you who have no idea what's going on, Painterr's weekly chop comps ahve been around for a good 41 weeks now and in those past 41 weeks he would directly link the images to the thread and until recently nopassn edited the threads so you have to click a link. He recommended he post attatchments naext time.
    ----OPINION-------
    It would take loads and loads of time for Painterr to have to save all the chops to his computer, then upload them. Not to mention it would take loads of posts to accomplish that, possibly enough time between each post to offset the votes in the comp. if he were to simply link to the chops, it would be time consuming (and irritating) to open each one, then close it again. The comps have been fine for 41 weeks, nobody's ever complained about that, and when the pictures are actually big enough to slow down computers and make it hard to see due to it's size, Painterr posts a warning in his title for the thread. Nopassn said that it's also hard for viewers with low resolution screens to see them. Hell, no. I have 800x600 and have never had problems with it. I understand that it is forum policy to attach files, but this makes it 100x easier to judge and view in comp threads. I would also be difficult say, for the weekly photo comps. i vote NO in favour for the attachments in comp threads.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

I don't see the problem in a thread having BIG images as long as it's clear that is what's in there.
    I mean shop threads are bound to have big images and I'm not sure I see logic in restricting the chops. YES, it makes it harder for slow dial-up users. Maybe the regular choppers should do a quick straw poll of all the speeds they run adn they impact THEY have. I've not been in a chop forum for months, so the size doesn't bother me
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Yes I agree It is easier to decide which is better by scrolling throught them instead of having say 10 windows open with different chops, good idea on your part man.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Yea it's alot easier the way it is now and i definitely think it should stay that way

I say keep it the old way.

As long as we keep it to a reasonable size... like 1024*768 or 1600*1200 i think it doesn't harm anyone, along w/ a limit to how big the file is... like 200 kb.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    I say keep it the old way.
    ditto
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

keep it the old way

Mate its a hard enough job getting most pics these days down to 400kbs, let alone 200.

Just open up the page guys, go away and get some food, come back and it should be alllll loaded.

I personally dont even know how to post pics other than an attachment but i think it'd be a shame if the chop guys HAD to make them as a attachment. Im still on a 56k modem so ive learnt to live with long load up times
    I am the Stig

All new threads are linked to from the main page and many of those don't have the inside info yet that these have large images. I just don't agree that a first selection can not be made by looking at thumbnails. It's part of my job to go through hundreds of images weekly to pick the ones that get posted here. I always use thumbnails to select the images.
    If we make an exception here, everyone will want to have in-line pics, so I'm not much for it.

WM
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Well this has been the way its been for the past what 44 competitions, noones ever complained until now, no problems what-so-ever.......

Its just accepted as the way the comps work.

Ok i 100 % agree with keeping it the old way

to make it better maybee you could get painterr to put amessage saying pics attached are large or something.

P.s. can someone change my vote to a yes i clicked wrong one by accident
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Well this has been the way its been for the past what 44 competitions, noones ever complained until now, no problems what-so-ever.......

Its just accepted as the way the comps work.
    People once believed the earth was flat as well, that doesn't make it any more true. Recent events have forced us to stricter apply the rules and we decided not to make exceptions. You don't expect us to edit one thread and let another go, right?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    People once believed the earth was flat as well, that doesn't make it any more true. Recent events have forced us to stricter apply the rules and we decided not to make exceptions. You don't expect us to edit one thread and let another go, right?
    thats eexactly whats happening though, there are plenty of thread s that have got attached images in like that and they havent been removed, and i gues you could also say that your " letting them go " but not doing the same to all the chop comp threads
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Thread Information