Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari Daytona Spider RHD (My pics)

Ferrari Daytona Spider RHD (My pics)

At a dealer 10 mins walk from my house.

This is also the first time I've used my new camera (Canon PowerShot A85) properly. Any comments welcome.

Also, can someone tell me the value of this car, and how many were built. Keep in mind this one is RHD.
    Attached Images Attached Images

.....#2

.....#3

.....#4

Nice! I love it man!
    My Site - GTHS

http://www.angelfire.com/ult/gt4hotspot

how much for?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Maybe you should make those questions to someone in the Ferrari dealer
    ohh and astonishing pics btw

another anorak fact. This is a Daytona Coupe conversion. The 4th pic of the first series shows the interior. Under the four vertical sliders (next to the dash) are 4 buttons. The real spider had only three, as it did not need a rear window heater
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

cool pics
    ucp's Biggest lotus fan***

Narb's collection of pictures...

really nice pics!!!
    btw in what mode do u set ur camera when u make pics at such places?
    FERRARI RULEZZZ

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    another anorak fact. This is a Daytona Coupe conversion. The 4th pic of the first series shows the interior. Under the four vertical sliders (next to the dash) are 4 buttons. The real spider had only three, as it did not need a rear window heater
    I don't know about that. Check the number plates with this link. It's the same car. http://www.barchetta.cc/english/All....3.365.GTS4.htm

Also check this link out too where it says "A very special Daytona Spyder and its history" in http://www.ferrari-daytona.co.uk/102....php?p=3&pno=0

Several employees at the dealer also said it was a genuine one.

I really hope you are wrong. Read the info above and tell me if you still think its a conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumacher
    really nice pics!!!
    btw in what mode do u set ur camera when u make pics at such places?
    I set it at auto. I havent learned to use the manual functions yet, properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinin
    I don't know about that. Check the number plates with this link. It's the same car. http://www.barchetta.cc/english/All....3.365.GTS4.htm

Also check this link out too where it says "A very special Daytona Spyder and its history" in http://www.ferrari-daytona.co.uk/102....php?p=3&pno=0

Several employees at the dealer also said it was a genuine one.

I really hope you are wrong. Read the info above and tell me if you still think its a conversion.

I was at the Bonhams auction in Gstaad in 2002. There were two Daytona Spyders, one genuine, #14737 (ex Evil Knievel) and one conversion, #13425. Both were red. This makes the story about the blue a bit dubious. If the Barchetta story is correct then somehow one of the 7 speciales changed its licence plate to the one which is on the current car. Barchetta has now stopped to list Ferrari chassis numbers as it has become to difficult to make a distinction between the real car and fakes. This is of course not to say that the one on the pics is a fake, Did you get a pic of the chassis number?

Edit: Actually the Barchetta story says the Spider was auctioned in 2001 in Gstaad, which would make sense.
    Last edited by henk4; 12-31-2004 at 02:29 PM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I was at the Bonhams auction in Gstaad in 2002. There were two Daytona Spyders, one genuine, #14737 (ex Evil Knievel) and one conversion, #13425. Both were red. This makes the story about the blue a bit dubious. If the Barchetta story is correct then somehow one of the 7 speciales changed its licence plate to the one which is on the current car. Barchetta has now stopped to list Ferrari chassis numbers as it has become to difficult to make a distinction between the real car and fakes. This is of course not to say that the one on the pics is a fake, Did you get a pic of the chassis number?
    No but I should have a pic of it when I go back, if it's still there. I'll try and get more info on it aswell.

The story about the blue Spider... It's got different wheels to that in my pic. I don't know how significant that is and that's why I didnt believe it myself at first. The thing is, the number plates match, and so does the mileage with both links, which was between 14k and 15k when I checked it at the dealership.

That 4 button thing is really annoying me though. Everything matches up apart from that. I did several searches and from what I could see (crappy pics) all the other Daytona Spiders had 3 buttons, not four. I've yet to see a good quality interior pic though, of a real GTS/4's dash.

I'll try and go down again and see what those 4 buttons do, and ask some questions.

Edit: Full res pic of the buttons
    Last edited by Pinin; 12-31-2004 at 02:51 PM.

Thread Information