Thread: Doctor Makes Coke Allegations

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia

Doctor Makes Coke Allegations

A doctor has claimed that cocaine use is widespread among Formula 1 drivers.

Dr Benigno Bartoletti, who worked for Ferrari between 1989 and 1992, believes that one in three drivers take the drug as a stimulant before races.

Bartoletti made the allegations in Italian motorsport magazine Quattroruote.

He said: "At races there is a lot of cocaine and in Formula 1 it could be as many as one third of all drivers who take cocaine.”

The drug is said to speed up reaction times and give drivers a feeling of invincibility.

Bartoletti said that the drug’s effects last for 90 minutes.

He added: “If a race takes longer, then it could become dangerous for drivers as the drug loses its effect."

The FIA carry out random drug tests at races but no driver has ever been caught using cocaine.

Original article: http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=31825
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

Where did he work after Ferrari, if at all?

It surprises me that hes saying these things now, they happened a decade ago. i question if anyone really gives a damn now, or if it really goes on considering the timeframe
    I am the Stig

Interesting, F1 drivers getting high?

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Interesting, F1 drivers getting high?
    "..The drug is said to speed up reaction times and give drivers a feeling of invincibility..."
    just a small amount of coke... enough to give them confidence.

But fpv is right, this story can be just a made up story... really...
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

lol!

that really is laughable, yes we see so many drivers taking huge risks and driving like maniacs these days in F1! They must think they are invinvible!

Please! Drivers these days are pretty cautious if anything, you rarlely see any truly daring feats during a race, after the first few laps anyway. This guy is full of shi$ if you asked me. Maybe back in the 80's when cocaine was a bit more prominent and drug regulations lax compared to now. But I just can't see it in this day and age.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Quote Originally Posted by more-boost1555
    that really is laughable, yes we see so many drivers taking huge risks and driving like maniacs these days in F1! They must think they are invinvible!

Please! Drivers these days are pretty cautious if anything, you rarlely see any truly daring feats during a race, after the first few laps anyway. This guy is full of shi$ if you asked me. Maybe back in the 80's when cocaine was a bit more prominent and drug regulations lax compared to now. But I just can't see it in this day and age.
    the onlyt driver that seems to follow the description of feeling invincible sees to me to be Mr. Jaques Villeneuve back when he was still racing. he was a bad ass on and off the track. i just hope all thoses years at BAR didint destroy his fighter spirit.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Would you include Montoya in that
    I am the Stig

Thread Information