Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Viper Coupe, Offical pics

Quote Originally Posted by CSL
    its not a lemans racer, it races in speed gt which is nowhere as fast as ALMS GT1 cars

not taking away from its ability but its not in the same league as the previous GTSR let alone the Corvette C5, S7, Prodrive 550's
    uhhhh......the viper gts-r races in ALMS, your right. that stands for american le mans series. so, if your european your right, but for american standards, it is a le mans racer. also, the real gts-r is actually quite structurally different from the comp. coupe. different materials, different balances, different everything, and the engine in the gts-r version was tweaked for a hell of alot more power. the gts-r and the comp coupe are 2 different cars. the comp coupe is actually a piece of crap compared to the new gts-r, as they wanted to make it affordable, and alot more street legal then it could have been. the gts-r races against things like the c5r, and the new gts-r (the srt-10 one) is actually quite a bit better then the old one (which dominated its class for 3 years).
    EDIT: to proce that the comp coupe can be bought by the public, i will take a photo of the road&track list of autos on the american market, showing the dodge viper srt-10, and the comp coupe, in their seperate rows
    Last edited by CdocZ; 01-05-2005 at 10:49 AM.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

to my knowledge the firepower will be a concept seeing only a drawing has been seen thus far. if it was a production model, it wouldve been seen testing and i wouldve seen the pictures. technically its being shown at detroit, not released

and even if it is released as is, 425hp isint going to cut it unless its under 3000 pounds
    the firepwoer is listed on the detriot naias list of cars to be released, so unless they made a 3d picture with an engine and interior.........i dont think its being FULLY released, i think it will be, and right now they want input from the auto mags and reporters before they decide to put the full production effort in. but, it is still being released (the concept is). i do believe that they will put it into real production however, but there is only one way to find out the truth (wait till naias)

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    uhhhh......the viper gts-r races in ALMS, your right. that stands for american le mans series. so, if your european your right, but for american standards, it is a le mans racer. also, the real gts-r is actually quite structurally different from the comp. coupe. different materials, different balances, different everything, and the engine in the gts-r version was tweaked for a hell of alot more power. the gts-r and the comp coupe are 2 different cars. the comp coupe is actually a piece of crap compared to the new gts-r, as they wanted to make it affordable, and alot more street legal then it could have been. the gts-r races against things like the c5r, and the new gts-r (the srt-10 one) is actually quite a bit better then the old one (which dominated its class for 3 years).
    are we talking about the concept GTSR thats not going to be raced till at least 06? its going to have to be a quite a bit better than the Corvette because they have dominated GTS racing since 2001 and seeing the C6R is just a new body the GTSR will really have to step up. further than anyone to date has.

are we talking about the concept GTSR thats not going to be raced till at least 06? its going to have to be a quite a bit better than the Corvette because they have dominated GTS racing since 2001 and seeing the C6R is just a new body the GTSR will really have to step up. further than anyone to date has.
    uhhhh.......well, that is when the new gts-r will come out. the current gts-r is not that amazing, the new one.....i have pretty good hopes for. also, the gts version of the gts-r won 3 years in a row, the 3 before the c5r took over. if there are any more confusions, please voice them, so they dont explode later

the viper will be at a disadvantage seeing its main rivals will have raced a full season by then.

I like it. Finally the five-star-house has brought us an heir to the classic american supercar.WELL DONE!

What are the Vipers that are racing in the JGTC (or was at one time) and the one that is compeating in the Formula D series? They look pretty close to what the old, concept model of a couple years ago did. Car and Driver also tested a similar model that raced in another series, can't remember which they said it was.
    "You know what these trees and old people have in common? They're both going in the ground soon!" - Bam Margera

"The day the New York Times defines what Country Music is will be the day I shave my legs with a butter knife." - John Rich, of the country band Big and Rich

I'll be 15 on Feb. 18th, so buy me a drink! (Hint: Don't look at it as the decimal number. <smirks>)

Quote Originally Posted by Gios
    I like it. Finally the five-star-house has brought us an heir to the classic american supercar.WELL DONE!
    whats the classic american supercar? unless you dont mean anything specific. also.....the viper was released 1990......so your about 15 years late.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gios
    depending on who you ask, ask 100 Americas what do they think of when the term American Sports car is brought up, 80 pecent will say corvette

yeah, the vettes of old were AMAZING! such awesome cars. but does he mean a specific car, or just american '60s cars in general?

depending on who you ask, ask 100 Americas what do they think of when the term American Sports car is brought up, 80 pecent will say corvette

I think more like 95% would say Vette.

The problem with the Viper is it's image has been tarnished in my mind due to the kind of people I've seen that own them, and what they do to them. Like that moron who stuck that huge tuner wing on the back of his, SO tacky. It's become a redneck's lottery dream car. Anyone with intelligence would buy a Porsche or Ferrari instead.

what do you mean by "anyone with intelligence"? cause alot of the people who own vipers are serious car enthusiasts, who either just love the viper or wanted a modern muscle car. and porsches and ferraris are just bought up by rappers and millionaires who have A) no idea how to use them, and B) just want to show off their incredible wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    what do you mean by "anyone with intelligence"? cause alot of the people who own vipers are serious car enthusiasts, who either just love the viper or wanted a modern muscle car. and porsches and ferraris are just bought up by rappers and millionaires who have A) no idea how to use them, and B) just want to show off their incredible wealth.
    You're right, all cool cars have been tainted by the clueless.

no, not true. nobles havent, zondas barely at all (only one rapper has one......as of this minute, tomarow that will probably change...) saleen s7s and shelby cobras not really either, lotus in all its time has hardly ever been touched. its these things we cherish as they have not yet been ruined by the ignorant who just look at the "most prestigious cars" list every week and buy the top 1. i bet if you were a reporter and said that vipers or vettes were really amazing cars with alot of prestige, the factories would have to run double time to keep up.

meh,not bad
    but i still prefer the GTS/R Concept looks and style

Thread Information