Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: M. Schumacher donates $10 million dolllars to tsunamis victims!

well, i am arguing the opint that he is a good guy for giving it and it was incredibly generous but ill say this. its not like him giving 10000 cuz schumacher isnt gonna suffer at all with only 10 mil
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by vantage-v8
    I think it is an easy and fun job for this (completely insane) amount of money!
    i bet you would be very surprised by the amount of work i bet he does to do this. plus, even if it was "easy", its not, but people should be rewarder for their talents. and u cant say he isnt talented.

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    i bet you would be very surprised by the amount of work i bet he does to do this. plus, even if it was "easy", its not, but people should be rewarder for their talents. and u cant say he isnt talented.
    I just dont feel good about the way talented drivers are retributed. It looks like they are retributed proportionnally by the amount of "advertising" money they generate... Too bad marketing (I mean money) is the only goal in Formula!
    I cant forget the good old days when fangio (or Moss or Bandini, etc) was behind a Formula 1 car!

You gotta remember that Schuey didnt have to donate anything, not one cent. Nobody has to. He CHOSE to donate that $10million just like heaps of other people are CHOOSING to donate around the globle, just like the people here have chosen to donate $AUD100 million. He probably doesnt want this huge fuss about it as we all found out basically why he donated so much a day after he announced the pledge.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    Very very important Taz.

Me and my dad were just talking about the tsunamis' donations and he was telling me that one of the companies that he worked for in Venezuela had a big foundation and business meetings were made all the time to define how the money should be distributed... If done wrong then the money won't last for a long time.

Funny that it happened a couple of minutes before I read your post
    Great minds think alike
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    your right, and thats a good point, but at half his salary, thats like you giving $10,000
    His offical, Ferrari/Shell paid salary is said to be 20 mln. Merchandising and other activities easily generate another 20-30 mln a year.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I understand your point of view but I feel sad that in our world, lot of people will se him (or other well known actors like this woman... I dont remind her name...) as a god or something like that.

And he could give a whole year of his salary wont still affect his life! But I will never be able to do that (give half of my salary), or I will be on the street, begging for a quarter... but not him!

If he decide to do a REAL financial sacrifice, I will revise my opinion...

During this time, we're talking (and wasting) about the rich people, not about the people in desperate needs...
    Whats the big deal mate. They got the money to give out, If they didnt give it then we should jump on them and kill them hang them burn them all that shit
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    His offical, Ferrari/Shell paid salary is said to be 20 mln. Merchandising and other activities easily generate another 20-30 mln a year.
    BBC World reported on his donation. They estimated his earnings from merchandising at around 80 million a year. Add that to his 20 million from Ferrari/Shell = 100 million Making him the best paid athlete in the world. Wow, he donates 10 million and that's only 10% of his income Still very comendable, some very, very well off companies and "stars" are giving far less
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

i heard on the news that at a certain point not too far off the red cross and other foundations will stop accepting donations because they have gotten more than they need and even at this point they cant guarantee that your funds will be used for aid in this disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    i heard on the news that at a certain point not too far off the red cross and other foundations will stop accepting donations because they have gotten more than they need and even at this point they cant guarantee that your funds will be used for aid in this disaster.
    We will never give enough money to repair all the natural disasters AND what human kind did to our planet...
    UNO must open a special bank account for the money they receive. It should be a "special Disaster money reserve".
    And about Schumacher, now that I know that he makes 80 millions a year (I NEED 4000 YEARS TO HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT!), it's like giving a peanut to people in desparate needs...
    Last edited by vantage-v8; 01-08-2005 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    BBC World reported on his donation. They estimated his earnings from merchandising at around 80 million a year. Add that to his 20 million from Ferrari/Shell = 100 million Making him the best paid athlete in the world. Wow, he donates 10 million and that's only 10% of his income Still very comendable, some very, very well off companies and "stars" are giving far less
    like whats this shit about leaonardo deicaprio giving "a substantial amount"? i bet its like $20, hes a sucky actor, i think hes just trying to get publicity by making everyone wonder how much he gave
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

We will never give enough money to repair all the natural disasters AND what human kind did to our planet...
    UNO must open a special bank account for the money they receive. It should be a "special Disaster money reserve".
    And about Schumacher, now that I know that he makes 80 millions a year (I NEED 4000 YEARS TO HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT!), it's like giving a peanut to people in desparate needs...
    not really, say he makes 80, 10m is stil 1/8 his salary, a peunut would be like $10.00

as for you, yeah, at the same rate of pay, but your bound to have some good promotions along the way, maybe bringing that down to 3,000

what do you do anyway?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Thread Information